PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere inside of Something

MSIE
05-04-2011, 10:21 AM
this is something I painted some days ago, but didn't show here. after having seen Mr. Dinkle's beautiful "Orange Black Hole Sun Washing Machine" (well, I made up this title :D it's originally called Planet Cradled by Gravity (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34881)) which somehow reminds me of my own painting, I'd like to show it to you.

it's not orange, it doesn't look like a washing machine, and I don't know if it has anything to do with gravity :confused: it rather looks like guts :rolleyes: .. please see for yourself ;)

comments and critics always welcome :)

Docsmith626
05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like the stuff in my lint trap came to life and is coming to get me. :eek:

gxhpainter2
05-04-2011, 01:34 PM
MSIE - this has got some very interesting areas ( lots of them ).... the lack of a true focal point ( color or shape ) leaves my eye to wander and wonder....:):)... If I might suggest use this as a "base" and keep areas the you like and try the "mostly, some and a little" school of design to break from this color tone ( which isn't bad just needs more dramatic contrast and more quiet areas....you may leverage this into a totally new and different piece... thanks for sharing this work...it is important to realize not every work is 100% sucessfull or 100% a flop,,, I speak from lots of experience....:D:D:D:D:D

Mike Severoff
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Creative meat! :) Good color, IMHO

Caesar
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
This piece is a really magnificent one, either an alien machine or a sort of macro-organism. A stunner and outstanding abstract, tangible, texturized, 3-d...

P. D. Dinkles
05-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Just kidding, I think. There is medication for this condition. Most inflicted by enormous imaginations are able to live a "normal life." Make sure you read the 32 page list of precautions though. Sometimes the cure is worse than the illness. Maybe you should just continue being you.

It is an undesirable ooze with a near solid fibrous consistency.

jibes
05-05-2011, 11:18 AM
It wouldn't win a beauty contest but it could win a "what is it?"' one. I like it!