PDA

View Full Version : A remake: The Bookworm

Alexandra
05-02-2011, 02:57 AM
This is for AgedP. He liked this saying. I could not find the author, but the message appeals to me as well.

Remake:
Thanks to Skylar for history of the author of this wonderful quote. Here is the new one with authors name. I hope you like this one as well Aged P.:)

Uploaded new one with sig and other eyebrow that I missed.:o So sorry-too much going on this morning. Sanding sheetrock today. Whew!

L Skylar Brown
05-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Sandy - I love you Bookworm.
The quote is by ALICE MORSE EARLE -
"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."
A long time ago, I took part of the quote (now a cliche), and mucked it up even more - "A Stitch in Time waits for no man"

coops
05-02-2011, 04:10 AM
This is really great Sandy and a fine bookworm ya does make.:)

gxhpainter2
05-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Alexandra - a very stylish and bookish worm.... great quote.. thanks to Skylar for sourcing the quote for us..!!:):):):)

Alexandra
05-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Thank you Skylar! Now, isn't that something, as my dear grandmother would say-haha. I was once in this bookstore and they had a small pillow with this quote and it said written by Eleanor Roosevelt! When I went too look into her quotes...it lead me to a rabbit hole. This is great to know. Thank you my dear friend!

Thank you dear Katie! Proud you like it!

Thanks ghx, very much appreciated kind sir!

Frisch
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Glasses, of course :D My language doesn't have that beauty build in, that it both means now, and a gift. It simply state it is now. :(

One thing I could think of, that a child would ask : Does a bookworm eat the words in the book instead of reading them?

And can you understand words by eating them ? :D

She looks like a nice bookworm. :)

jibes
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Sandy, I really like this! So cute and so well done!

Caesar
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
We call a library mouse (topo di biblioteca) who utmost likes almost exclusively reading books (often with little practical skills too).
Here's a magnificent library worm instead!

Alexandra
05-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Dear Frisch, Your comment is so charming and delightful! Thank you-I would have to reply: I don't think that the bookworm would appreciate the words, only the flavor of the ink and paper-haha!;):D

Thank you dear Neal, much appreciated!

I did not know about the library mouse, this is another cute idea-thank you Cesare!

barnburner
05-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Bookworms are Kool! Very well done Sandy! :):)

screenpainter
05-03-2011, 06:55 AM
great job on this Sandy. not only is the worm adorable but the overall graphic effect is very nice. It reminds me of a poster you would see for the library. cool graphics.

Aged P
05-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Hi Sandy, and everybody else on this thread.:)

I haven't dropped in on the Forum for ages and thus missed this painting.
It is now printed out and fixed to the wall above my computer!

Many thanks for remembering this Sandy, life is going pretty good at the moment although people who pin this to their wall are usually just glad that life is still just going.:)

I have, via the wonders of technology, just downloaded the original author's most well known book. It fits in perfectly with some other stuff I have been reading to get an idea of what my ancestors were doing in the late 1900s.

Thanks again Sandy and all the guys who sorted out the origins of the saying.

Phil

Alexandra
05-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Mike, Thanks dear friend!

Thanks so much Albert. I may order it and have it framed for our local library-with the history that Skylar as given us!

I am so pleased that you like it Phil-thank you-and I wanted to add that it is always wonderful to have you here!

semd74
05-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Well done Sandy and thankyou for reminding us that the present moment is truly all that we have...:):):)

Aged P
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I am now reading Alice Morse Earle's , "Home Life in Colonial Days", and would like to thank Alexandra and L Skylar Brown for sort of nudging me towards it.

I have got past "Burning the old house down to recover the nails, when you move!" , "Abraham Lincoln living in a Tepee", "let's build the cabin around a tree stump so we have a solid table", and "Next time we move, I want an " "English" house!" :)

One of the best reads for a long time!

{It was about a $1 on Kindle }

Once again, many thanks to you all.

Phil

mannafig
05-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Love the bookworm dear Sandy:):)

Alexandra
05-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks so much Steve, I agree, something we all need to live by.

Dear Phil, I will try to correct this image soon for you too and add her name as the author. I am so pleased you liked this.

Thanks so much Amanda, very much appreciated dear friend.

justjean
05-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Sandy, I missed this wonderful wiggly bookworm, and as I'm a bookworm (reading not eating :D) I enjoying seeing her very much :)

Alexandra
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi Jean, Thanks! So pleased you enjoyed her!

kenmo
05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Too cute & cool for words...!!!!

Alexandra
05-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks very much Ken.:)

Alexandra
05-22-2011, 10:53 PM
A remake below the original. I have this on layers so I can make changes.
A bump up-hopefully Aged P will pop back in to check out the forum.

Lima
05-22-2011, 11:55 PM
One good thing of this forum is that there are generous people, who can see beyond the computer screen. By pinching Phil's signature and working in this painting (and than with the appropriate Skylar tip), shows how Alexandra is looking thru the screen, to one of the great human figures of ArtRage.

To receive a visit from Phil is also a matter of great satisfaction. I see from time to time his name around, knowing that everything is fine is a great joy. Hello Phil, greetings Sir....

Alexandra congratulations, dear friend.

Alexandra
05-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Dear Oriane, I popped back in as soon as my internet would allow me-to upload a corrected version-I forgot the little fellows eyebrow and my signature!:o Oh my goodness...this is the third time-I am sure Phil will send me a bill for the ink.:eek:
Also I am sure I am not alone-but think so highly of Phil, and wanted him to have the author's signature as well as mine as a token of appreciation.

I thank you so much Oriane always for your kind and generous words. May you have a blessed day dear doctor, friend, and forum mate.

Aged P
05-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Hi Sandy and Oriane,

The new picture is now on the wall above my desk. It's a more relaxed Bookworm too.:) Thank you for the update!

I'm still reading Alice Earle's book about the Settlers!

Medically I'm much improved but still being checked regularly.
Today I sent Oriane's Web address to another Surgeon friend who has just started painting. :) He also runs a restaurant!

Phil

Alexandra
05-23-2011, 06:44 AM
So pleased you liked it Phil. Thanks so much. Take good care and be well and keep us all posted please dear man.

mannafig
05-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Fabulous sandy:):)

Alexandra
05-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks dear friend!

semd74
05-23-2011, 01:03 PM
A very fine book worm indeed !!!

L Skylar Brown
05-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Well, Sandy, I think Each Can Stand On Its Own. They're both great.

pat1940
05-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Love, Love this bookworm Sandy, very good work;);):):)

Alexandra
05-24-2011, 03:23 AM
Thank you very much dear Steve!:)

Thank you dear friend for the history and author to this quote, so pleased that you liked them both Skylar.:)

Thanks so very much dear Pat!:)