PDA

View Full Version : The Pebbles Game

MSIE
05-01-2011, 03:02 AM
when I was a kid, I used to collect pebbles and paint them with watercolour (using hairspray to make the paint stick :p). sometimes my friends and I tried to invent a "game" so we could use our pebbles to play ... we usually ended up discussing the rules and never had enough time to actually play a game :D

today I created some digital pebbles ... still not sure about the rules of the "game" ;)

I hope you enjoy :)

gxhpainter2
05-01-2011, 03:59 AM
MSIE - this is cool...:cool::cool::cool::cool: I like the game board and the concept of including "realistic" stones on flat 2D painting!!! yummy I like it... I am ready to play...:D:D:D:D

mannafig
05-01-2011, 04:54 AM
What a lovely memory to share and some very pretty pebbles:):)

jibes
05-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Eye popping fun!! Very funny story too.

MSIE
05-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize the 2D/3D thing, although it's obvious :rolleyes: - thanks for mentioning it, gxhpainter :)
this painting started with the flat background, then I painted the pebbles (those are not AR pebbles stickers) and added the black/white "paths" with the amazing MazeMaker (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34704&highlight=mazemaker)sticker spray preset by Someonesane.

I am ready to play...:D:D:D:D
.. do you know the rules? :D

thanks mannafig and jibes for your nice comments - yes it's a funny memory ;) glad you enjoyed :)

Caesar
05-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Impressive renedring! It looks like a Spanish game ... :D

MSIE
05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
thank you Caesar :) well, I could easily exchange the "spanish" colours into something more italian if you wish :D

Peter Pinckney
05-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Ah!

I know this game.....let me explain the rules:

The two tone blue stones can only be thrown clockwise ........... they can eliminate the two tone green stones....BUT only if the two tone brown stones are in the superior position ........having been thrown on a Monday at 2.46 pm by someone wearing red shoes and only if the person throwing was as drunk as I am now.....BURP!! Eeeerrrmmm.....I think you've forgotten to include the two tone purple stones...........

BURP░░░░

Wonderful Linda!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

MSIE
05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I wonder who is Linda? she must be the one wearing red shoes :D

Ó la tienne, Peter :) :) thanks for clarification on the rules - I'm gonna create some two-toned purple stones ... to throw them into your glass of wine ;)

Alexandra
05-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Nice design MSIE, and sweet memories!

byroncallas
05-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Wonderful. :):):):)

screenpainter
05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
beautiful job on the stones. I like the description and you have captured it well here. They look hand painted and even a bit sticky to the touch from the hairspray. :) It's an interesting art piece as well, but those painted stones are so cool.

Mike Severoff
05-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Wow, cool! I like it

Caesar
05-04-2011, 08:53 PM
.... not a bad idea, since we are still celebrating our 150th from re-unification after the Barbarians (and non) split and kept split our country (and the rest of the Empire but the Eastern half) in the V century ...:D