PDA

View Full Version : AdamAnt-ine ignorance

Caesar
04-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I didn't know really this guy until I looked for him after I looked through a Mannafig WIP (thank You, dear Amanda) and looked at some of his old pictures, but I was pretty sure that his name deserved a pun around a possible caricature which I sketched in 10-15 minutes.
Since Albert-Gaizborne was eager to see him technicolor, I added one of my background and colored it by watercolor and feltpen.
I hope You like this almost as much speedy color version.
I add the original sketch too to see how it all started ...

screenpainter
04-29-2011, 10:28 PM
well you certainly knocked that one out lickety split. :)
I think it's quite funny. great little caricature of him too. cute little fellow that
he is. :)

Alexandra
04-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Cute Cesare!

gxhpainter2
04-30-2011, 02:03 AM
Caesar - great visual pun and extremely well done;);):D:D:D

MSIE
04-30-2011, 02:08 AM
great colouring, Caesar :)

I think Adam Ant would love this painting - according to wiki, when he was younger he "went (...) to the famous Hornsey College of Art to study graphic design and for a time was a student of Peter Webb. He later dropped out of Hornsey, short of completing his B.A, to focus on a career in music."

PS. when I was younger, I liked his music a lot :D

ScottF
04-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Great caricature, Caesar--and funny to boot! I used to listen to some of his music many years ago.

Khalid_ipda
04-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Ha...haa.....beautiful, beautiful. :D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
04-30-2011, 02:54 AM
I must thank You twice, dear Albert, for pushing me to color it! With an additional half an hour or less of very loose strokes it came out not that bad. Obviously the background was prepared far before ....

Watch, dear Sandra, not to step on him when You walk in Your garden! :D Thank You!

Thank you, dear Gxhpainter! Sometimes I really cannot refrain ... :p

I'll give him a call then, dear MSIE! I presume he would like to take his revenge by making my caricature. :D Thank You!

I'm probably almost as funny as our prime minister with jokes and wisecracks, dear Scott! :D Thank You!

Caesar
04-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Glad You like it, dear Kahlid! A landscape master like You approving this tiny world weirdly inhabited landscape really encourages me!

mannafig
04-30-2011, 06:53 AM
He looks fantastic now you have colored him dear Cesare. A great little caricature:D:D:)

barnburner
04-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Very fine job Caesar! :):):D

Frisch
04-30-2011, 08:20 AM
There's always a painting in here which makes you smile. It's a emotional rollercoaster looking through the talents in this place. :) Thank you Caesar.

jibes
04-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Is there a theme going here? 2nd Atom painting today. Well done Caesar!

Caesar
05-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Dear Amanda, thank to You and Albert pushing me to use colors too, that I had the funny idea and encouragement to amuse myself and all mates replying with this speedy vignette! :):p

Thank You, dear Barn! My characters rarely fit Your novels this far, but maybe Your writing passion and talent may lead You soon also towards some fantasy world, so I build my readiness in case ...:D

Dear Frisch, there are many emotions in here, most often romantic, idyllic, lirical, sometimes joyful and dramatic, more rarely funny and comic.
I like to convey, whenever possible positive feelings and some laugh which may help better sharing all the emotions ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jibes! The idea is Amanda's, who painted a terrific portrait of the guy. I followed by more modestly setting up a funny vignette and pun with Adam Ant's name ...

jonwood
05-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Funny one Caesar...:D

Caesar
05-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Thank You, dear Jon!

coops
05-02-2011, 04:13 AM
I used to listen and watch him back in time and I was always amazed at his makeup. Fine and amusing painting Cesare:)

Caesar
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
... but he never got shoes as gorgeous as Yours I guess, dear Katie! ;):D
I apologize for not having used the label "don't open while at work!". :p Thank You!

coops
05-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Ah Cesare I am no longer sat behind that desk as I am a lady of leisure now having given up the rat race so now have much more time for Artrage and my garden, oh and of course to buy more shoes which I always tell myself I do need. Not sure if I did the right thing yet as its early days but I am sure I will get used to having so much time on my hands and I will paint, paint, paint.:)

Caesar
05-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Best wishes then, dear Katie! I'm also pretty sure You may make some money from Your art, even just from some extra pair of shoes each month ... :D