PDA

View Full Version : Escape Ladder

gxhpainter2
04-29-2011, 02:59 PM
mix of pencils, chalks, and oils then a little PS to season to taste ... hope you like it... refers to art as my escape from workaday world...;);):D

Caesar
04-29-2011, 08:14 PM
A rutilant and frantic image and another fantastically creative artwork! You made me come the wish to go back experimenting some abstract composition again ... Maybe when I end some near tem objectives ...

MSIE
04-30-2011, 01:15 AM
ohh another stunning "collage" :) :)

gxhpainter, I can (and always do!) look at your paintings for a loooong time (fullscreen), there's so many tiny things to discover :)

may I ask if you were painting this in one session, or do you rather take pieces of different paintings and put them together as a collage? the whole composition in any of your paintings looks very coherent, but I find it hard to imagine that you've done all those different brush strokes, tools, colours, etc in one single session - at least for me it's hard to change tools after having begun a painting .. :o

anyways, I love your style :)

gxhpainter2
04-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Caesar - thanks so much for your viewing and comments. I always greatly appreciate your comments. I had to look up "rutilant" and it very aptly appies here. I am most please at the fact that you might experiment with some abstract compositions! I am sure they will be fantastic!:):):):):):)

dear MSIE - thanks too for your enthusiastic appreciation of my works:D. It is very gratifying to know people find your work engaging;););). I do my work in one session usually an hour or two at most. I tend to work very fast and use dozens of layers almost every color is on its own layer. I then merge some of them together and apply whatever effect I think it needs to enrich an edge, change tones etc., sometimes i throw away layers because they just don't work for me and try something else to "correct" the image. I am a great fan of your work also and find inspiration from it:D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
04-30-2011, 02:42 AM
... sorry for rutilant! The Latin/ Italian derived English words often comes faster to my mind when I speak or write in English, which I suppose it's natural to me, but, maybe, sounds a little pompous and archaic to native English-speaker ...:o The problem is that sometimes the meaning in English progressively got a somehow different concept.

ScottF
04-30-2011, 02:48 AM
You´ve truly created a sense of the tense, frantic, workaday world--one where an escape ladder is necessary! Great one!

MSIE
04-30-2011, 02:52 AM
thank you for answering my questions, gxhpainter :) much appreciated!

as I know nothing whatsoever about fine arts, I just play around with those digital tools, explore, and try to create something I like :D ... I get inspiration by looking at other people's wonderful creations, but I never try to "copy" a style (my lack of skills is preventing that :o). I just try to see what I can do with the tools - and many of my "doodles" with lots of layers and blend modes look similar to your paintings, just not as beautiful and meaningful as yours ;)
thanks again for providing an insight into the creation of your wonderful paintings :) :)

... and please stop making me blush :o by telling me you're getting inspired by something I made ... ;)

gxhpainter2
04-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Caesar - no problem your comments are always appreciated.. nice to learn a new word...:D:D

MSIE - LOL ok I will stop... but I do like your work. I to am not a professional artist just a computer programmer with a strong love of art, painting and especially digital art. since it is so easy to try something and erase your mistakes...;);););)

Alexandra
04-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Always in harmony are your abstracts ghx.

screenpainter
04-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Cesare you should be somewhat ruddy with that vocabulary. :o
another delightful abstract expression gxh painter. it does seem to speak about the clamor and release. It also reminds me of a collection of toys.

P. D. Dinkles
04-30-2011, 08:29 AM
ghx

I spend more time taking in yours and other's remarkable pieces that I rarely paint anymore.

I enjoy viewing the physical characteristics of a painting as it greets the eye with it's stroke, shading, colors, depth, et.al. But I am most interested in looking for it's meaning. Such that, I am a miner, you are a gold mine.

gxhpainter2
04-30-2011, 10:40 AM
PD I wondered why you haven't been uploading much new work:mad:.... we miss your stuff so get to it buddy :D:D:D

jibes
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Should we call you wassily kandinsky. :)
This is so good!