PDA

View Full Version : The Drunkard's Path (sunglasses needed)

Alexandra
04-28-2011, 11:00 AM
My grandmother once made a quilt by this name. It is fantastic, and I am so proud to have it now.
This is not the correct design as many of you quilters will know, but this is my AR quilt made tonight by hand stitch by stitch.;):D
Thanks to Mr. Pinckney for teaching this fun stuff!:D

barnburner
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Poor Sandra...you fingers must be so sore from doing all that stitching piece by piece this evening.... :D:)
Seriously, this is great Sandy! The memories of the quilting frames is still fresh in my mind. Well done. :):)

MacPix
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Sore fingers and tired eyes! Amazing amount of work and well worth it! Just beautiful!:):):)

gxhpainter2
04-28-2011, 02:40 PM
totally amazing work!. I would love to see this as a large 3'x4' print... it is stunning

justjean
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Sandy, this is so wonderful, And that stiching is hard. I still have my quilt frame but there has been no action on it for many a year :D

jibes
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
This would be some cool quilt! Looks like it would be lot's 'o work though.
Very nice!

Alexandra
04-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi Mike, yes, they are....from holding the wacom pen! hehehe.
My husband and brother in law built a table for me and I plan on having my friends over this summer to sew with me...I am so looking forward to it. Maybe I can incorporate some of these designs into an actual quilt.;):)

Thanks so much dear Deb!:D

ghx, Thanks so much! Since you like it so much I will increase the res and upload it to my zazzle store soon, I appreciate your kind comment!

Jean, Thank you. So you are a quilter too! This is something that I have wanted to get into for a while. More for wall art actually, so there is no telling what I will make this summer. Might be pretty funny being my first time. I so love to sew clothing and crafts though.

You are right dear Neal-a lot of work indeed! Thank you dear friend!

mannafig
04-29-2011, 02:54 AM
WOW I would not want the task of putting this together:D
Super work dear friend:):)

Alexandra
04-29-2011, 02:56 AM
Hi Amanda, come on! You know we could do it! Thanks dear friend!

ScottF
04-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Nicely done, Alexandra! Itīs interesting how if you stare at it a bit things start moving. :cool: Good luck with your summer adventure.

coops
04-29-2011, 03:49 AM
This is very clever Sandy, great colours and patterns. Looks like a wonderful place that would hang on the wall:)

Alexandra
04-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Scott and Katie, Thanks so much dear friends.

MSIE
04-29-2011, 06:25 AM
funny title :D and very interesting patterns, I like it :)

Alexandra
04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Thank you MSIE! You should see this quilt top. I need to photograph it and upload it. I am terrible about using the camera. It is something to see.

screenpainter
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
woah. I swear I wasn't drinking, yet I feel a bit woozy. crazy technique Sandy. these are probably very collectible.

Caesar
04-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Thant's for sure how an artist like You must have seen tornadoes passing by ... :D
I hope You got no damage over there.
The casualties accounting in US because of the natural disasters caused by them was surprisingly high and very sad to hear. I wonder whether different building approaches and measures may be found to better safeguard people lives, like it happens with earthquake standing building techniques in places like Japan. :rolleyes::(

Alexandra
04-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Haha Albert! Thank you dear man!

Thanking God above we are all fine, and thank you for asking dear Cesare. It was frightening watching this storm move in and being in a situation like this, one never knows.