PDA

View Full Version : The Higgs-Boson Particle (God Particle)

L Skylar Brown
04-25-2011, 07:57 AM
A memo has been circulating in the science community that the elusive Higgs-Boson particle may have been detected in the latest particle accelerator test. It is theorized to be the essence that gives substance to all other particles. It is Nick-named the God Particle. I started musing as to what that collision in the accelerator might have looked like. This is the result - The milisecond before the particles collide, creating that particle. 7 layers in AR - Each layer was set at diff transparencies, and then merged. The final steps included adding a photo flash with Photoshop, and then addl. airbrushing on the final top layer using AR.

Muir Dragonne
04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Beautiful! I really hope they do find it. But even if they don't all the data they're getting from these tries will take them years to sort out completely. Either way, it's exciting. :D

L Skylar Brown
04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Muir - Thanks for commenting. They haven't said anything officially. Guess they want to make absolutely sure. If it has been found, it becomes a reality, and that will probably have a big impact on modern physics. And I'm glad you like the image, too. It was invigorating to do.

byroncallas
04-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Terrific image Skyler - you really took the subject and ran with it brilliantly. I've been away about a month but I gather you've embraced the possibilities and opportunities with layers. As I would expect, you sure made giant leaps and bounds resulting in a spectacularly relevant image. I love it.

The news on Higgs remains murky, but it's all exciting, isn't it? Of course we know if it's produced it will end up raising more questions than it answers. The excitement and exploration never ends, it just gets deeper and more interesting. :):):)

And really, love the painting. ;)

MSIE
04-25-2011, 01:41 PM
what a fabulous painting! :)
thanks for sharing info about how you created this!

L Skylar Brown
04-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Byron - Thank you so very much! Coming from the King of Abstract expressionism, and ruler of all things layered, that means a lot!! I am also glad to find you know of what I speak and paint. We science geeks must stick together.
MSIE - Thank you. I love exploring areas that are new to me- such as what can be done with layers. Learning keeps the mind young.

gxhpainter2
04-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Skylar - fantastic image, this has such great detail and depth, the fine lines look like sub particle decay traces ... I love it when science and art meet;);););)

coops
04-26-2011, 03:17 AM
Stunning image Skylar:)

Jasminek
04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow, what a fantastic painting!:)

barnburner
04-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Very imaginative Skylar, and very well done. :):)

pat1940
04-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Wow very nice Skylar, great colors and movement;):)

Bobbi
04-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow, everyone is into these visually stimulating paintings. Right up my alley.