PDA

View Full Version : Mazes and Labyrinths!

Someonesane
04-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi all,

I was messing around with the Sticker Spray tool today. While doing some doodles with what was supposed to be a shoelace sticker spray preset, I discovered it made a great Maze creator. I thought I'd share the Sticker and Preset with the AR community, so that everyone can have some fun with it. So if you'd like to make some labyrinths of your own, you can download the files you'll need here:
Sticker: 55069
Spray Preset: 55068
But don't feel as though you need to use the Sticker Spray tool to join in. As you can see in the next post, I also gave the Gloop Tool a try, and it worked out well too.

Here's a couple of the mazes I made today:

Someonesane
04-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Here's a couple more (I ran out of attachment space in my first post):
This one was made with the Gloop Pen tool:

This one was made with my Maze Maker Sticker Spray Preset:

Muir Dragonne
04-24-2011, 08:27 AM
haha! That's awesome. :D I loved mazes when I was a kid.

Someonesane
04-24-2011, 02:39 PM
haha! That's awesome. :D I loved mazes when I was a kid.

Here's a new one, drawn on a grid:

MSIE
04-24-2011, 11:41 PM
this is so much fun, Someonesane! thanks a lot for the cool Mazemaker preset :)

that's what I came up with .. ;)
(mazemaker sticker spray + paint roller)

Alexandra
04-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Wow, SOS, I used to make these for the kids in my class in the fourth grade, they loved them. I've made them for my kids, and they still love it. Can't wait, this is just what I need dear man. With all the repairs, I am getting pretty talented with carpentry, caulking, and sanding-haha-but it has taken it's toil on my digital creativity-this is what I shall make next-great idea. XO!

Someonesane
04-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Nice! I like the snail in the corner. Nice use of colors, too :)

Wow, SOS, I used to make these for the kids in my class in the fourth grade, they loved them. I've made them for my kids, and they still love it. Can't wait, this is just what I need dear man. With all the repairs, I am getting pretty talented with carpentry, caulking, and sanding-haha-but it has taken it's toil on my digital creativity-this is what I shall make next-great idea. XO!

I look forward to seeing them Alexandra, and I'm sure you kids, and forum members, will enjoy solving them :D

Alexandra
04-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Hey SOS, here's an easy one for you and our AR mates.

Help the little yellow worm find his brothers and sisters.:p

MSIE
04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
yay ~ I finally created a maze :D

I don't know why those ladybirds would want to crawl through the maze, but I had fun painting it :) I really love this MazeMaker sticker spray! :p

please click to enlarge ~ enjoy!

hey Alexandra, I see you were using the ladybirds too! :) and those worms are hilarious :D

Someonesane
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Great jobs Alexandra and MSIE. I like the themes. I'll have to try to come up with a theme for my next one. Here's my latest one (click on it a couple times to open it at it's full size):

Alexandra
04-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks MSIE and SOS. Great idea, and such fun. I like yours as well!

Barry Cheng
05-06-2011, 11:57 PM
What an Art:D

spleenderts
06-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Here's one I've done on a grid. It's not quite as complicated as Someonesane's, but still quite fun :)

byroncallas
07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi SOS. Fun thread. Here was a maze exercise from our beta experiments. This one took ample advantage of the select tool which is a marvel for creating mazes and grids of all sorts. I thought to juxtapose the obvious global and local perspectives, a bit of a cliche maybe, but what the hell, maybe fun anyway. :)

The other examples posted by everyone are marvelous.

And thanks for the sticker and preset. I'm going to give it a go.:)

byroncallas
07-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Well, I'm back. SOS, I took your sticker and made several different presets and went about creating a maze of a different sort. The painting is about 99.9% your sticker with a dab of eraser, a pinch of knife, a smidgen of air brush, a hit of ink pin, and a number of layers. You have to blow this up full screen to really get the idea.

I'm thinking of recreating your sticker with the base red rather than black which will create even wilder sticker-gun presets (I'm guessing). The sticker is very cool.

Someonesane
07-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Cool images Byron :). I'm happy to see you are enjoying the sticker.

I actually did make a few different versions of the sticker. One was a red outlined ring, as you suggested (which could be changed using the color picker). I found that the plain black and white version seemed to offer the most freedom, though, because once it was down, it could easily be filled with the paint bucket, or changed with the color adjust panel. I suppose they could be useful though. I'll see about posting them.

Someonesane
07-16-2011, 04:54 PM
I've created an AR Pack file (.arpack) that has all of my Maze Maker stickers and spray presets in it. It includes the sticker and preset I offered in my first post, so if you don't want a duplicate, either delete the old one from ArtRage before installing the AR Pack, or uncheck the Sticker and Spray Preset named "Maze Maker", before clicking install.

The .arpack files can't be attached to forums here, so I uploaded it to my dropbox account. Here's the link

(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387217/MazeMakers.arpack).

byroncallas
07-16-2011, 05:25 PM
SOS. thanks for posting the additional package. The alternate stickers and presets are terrific. :)

justjean
07-17-2011, 02:43 AM
SOS, thanks for all your efforts on our behalf, I d/l your maze sticker but as I didn't make a maze I won't post it here but did post it in the main gallery, had fun painting a flower scene with it :D thanks again :)

screenpainter
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
These are amazing. Thanks Gaeton for these.

EricL
07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Really nice, haha i love your funny stickers! :D