PDA

View Full Version : Still Life with strange Flowers

MSIE
04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
I spent some time painting a still life from imagination - the flowers look a bit strange as does the vase, but I like the composition so I thought I'd show it to you too :)

thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy.
comments and critics are welcome

Muir Dragonne
04-17-2011, 10:03 PM
That's really pretty! Such nice vibrant colours. :)

I used to collect odd looking vases when I lived in the States. Always thought they were really neat! :D

semd74
04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
You are right...the flowers do look a bit odd, but I like "odd" and things that seem out of place...I like the composition and painting :-)

Jasminek
04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Good imagination, vibrant mixed of colors painting.:)

MSIE
04-18-2011, 04:41 AM
thanks for your nice comments Muir, Semd, Jasminek :)

Muir, you might paint a still life of your "collection of odd vases" - just like you, I think those uncommon things are interesting to look at :p and I would love to see what your collection looks like ;)

eighty+
04-18-2011, 04:57 AM
, hi MSIE blimey on 1st look thought it was a mouse singing oprae on a

elefants foot podium but then my eyes like my spelling are shot to

much ..................... sun :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:----E/S

MSIE
04-18-2011, 05:15 AM
hehe Eighty+ :D ... now THAT should be the title of this painting! "Mouse singing Opera on an Elephant's Foot" :cool:
(perhaps I should convert it to grayscale before renaming?! :confused::D )

thanks for looking :)

Muir Dragonne
04-18-2011, 05:30 AM
MSIE, I wish I still had them. Unfortunately, they've long been lost. I left everything behind when I moved from Missouri to England 10 years ago.

limey-g
04-18-2011, 05:32 AM
I like it kind of cute, very pretty colours.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
04-18-2011, 05:39 AM
MSIE - I like this improvisation of a still life.. nice colors and interesting flower and vase. the pink background works well to my eye... :):):):):)

Caesar
04-18-2011, 06:21 AM
What a lovely composition and palette! Bravo!

P. D. Dinkles
04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
I am a vase fiend and I love your piece, form, color, grain, strange accompanying elements. And what of this askew floral element? What do they say?

You have beauty and intrigue.

Mike Severoff
04-19-2011, 12:54 AM
It's amazing. Gently.
thanks

P. D. Dinkles
04-19-2011, 03:20 AM
MSE:

I wrote earlier about your painting but apparently I did not send it, for reasons that would be made clear. Not because of anything negative. I love the painting.

I thought you were throwing a lot of symbolism at us. I can't explain the symbolism of the what appears to be dill leaning to the left. Is that political?

Now that Eighty+ has described the painting, I will provide mine. Again, I am not being critical. You know I am a vase junkie and after my feeble mind wrapped itself around the painting I enjoyed the beautiful form and color. And the background is so complimentary to the subject.

But let me know if this sounds a bit crazy. I am due for some changes in my medications anyway.

Before we continue, I wish the paintings would appear on the same page the comments were posted. It would be easier to reference.

Now that Eighty+ gave you his initial impressions, not being a leader, I no longer fear sharing mine.

At first glance I see a fully cooked rooster with it's feathered, severed head, reaching back an pecking it at itself (please don't share this my psychiatrist - TMI).

I know MSIE will no longer speak to or of me, and I have probably ostracized myself from my ArtRage brothers and sisters. If there is anyone that would speak kindly on my behalf, plead for my lost soul.

I used to hate Mondays. Since retirement, I don't know when they are.

Respectfully (really)

eighty+
04-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Yeah dinky I'll go along with that but I prefer the mouse singing opera as for Mondays wait to u get to my age u wont know what year it is:eek::eek::eek:

pat1940
04-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Like the colors in this, and the important thing is, as long as you enjoy painting something, it is not odd to you:D

damasocl
04-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Una excelente obra de arte a la acuarela...
A great work of art in watercolor ...

MSIE
04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
wow, so many nice comments! thank you limey, gxhpainter, Caesar, Mike, pat, damaso :) :)

Mr Dinkles ... double thanks for commenting twice ;) and for sharing your thoughts about this painting. although it was not my intention to create a political statement nor to "throw symbolism" at anyone, I like the fact that obviously a painting can have a different effect on different people :)
now that you've mentioned the rooster, I can see him too ... also the ultra-leftist dill :p