PDA

View Full Version : Continue to Persevere (A Parable)

P. D. Dinkles
04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
And the winter was bitter and cold and it would not release it's grip on the mountain. Many, young and old trees had succumbed to the frigid, hash windy conditions. And the trees became discouraged and talked about being forsaken.

But some young trees who were as much in peril spoke to the sky about their plight and suffering. Another snow flurry covered all who stood. And a voice from the sky spoke. "Continue to persevere. Know that everything will be alright. The voice said no more. And the young gathered among each other to await that first sign of spring. And when it occurred, the trees rejoiced to survive.

And the voice returned and dekivered a short parable. Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet who feeds and take cares of them amd feeds them. Do not fear, I am with you. Who are you one young bird answered. "I am everything. I will be with you." And a compelling silence fell across the mountain.

I am not, by far, a religious man. But this came to mind as I painted.

semd74
04-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Excellent painting and parable of life on this planet !!!

Bobbyray
04-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Very nice PD.....

Have you ever wondered where an art creation comes from? Not painting what one sees but creates... if they have never seen it before, how can one invision it? Thoughts that enter the mind allowing us to create something unknown to us. Where do they come from? :confused:

Perhaps..... ? We are guided by an unknown force. :eek:;):) or not. hehe

barnburner
04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Great painting and parable P.D. :):)

justjean
04-17-2011, 01:59 AM
wonderful use of texture and colour :)

gxhpainter2
04-17-2011, 03:28 AM
PD this is a marvelous creation.... by putting the tree in its stark black simplicity in the exact center gives it focus and stillness but the eye has the marvelous texture of falling snow and cool back grounds. It is a perfect representation of the parable that came to you. It is from that stillness that all truly creative acts come...:):):):):)

coops
04-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr can feel the cold and reminds me of the winter that has just gone. I love the texture that you have in this great painting:)

ScottF
04-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Ive been very much enjoying your recent efforts! Were all lucky that you discovered ArtRage and joined the forums. Keep at it!

P. D. Dinkles
04-17-2011, 07:56 AM
I am thankful to be among you and to "draw" on our like experience.

Caesar
04-17-2011, 08:36 AM
You got another unique image, so evocative that listened to its story too. And it did was quite a deep meditation indeed!

P. D. Dinkles
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you everyone. Continue to Persevere It is one of my favorite.

I am not going to tell you my hand is guided. It's not. But you are right Bobby. Some of the time I do not know how this stuff got there. Of course, I choose the subject (I think). Great part of digital painting it gives you a chance to experiment and make mistakes, for which I excel. If I were a carpenter I would run out of wood. But it is a mystery to me.

Something becomes something, becomes something. A doodle, a color, a dab starts it.

FYI: The phrase, "Continue to Persevere", is from the movie Little Big Man, with Dustin Hoffman. Funny, funny, funny. Way before it's time.

The army general whenever encountering a chief gives the chief in a resolute manner the advice,"Continue to Persevere." It is the facial expression of the chiefs that makes it so funny. Of course my use of the title is altogether a different story.