PDA

View Full Version : Portrait - My Youngest Grandaughter - Updated

barnburner
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
My youngest granddaughter - Caitlin - age 4 months.

edit: added updated painting. My wife, who notices such things a lot more than I do, said that it needed more hair, and I liked this background better than the original.

AT-TA
04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Congratulation to your new grandaughter Barney. Nice painting of her... just keep it until she grows up, she'll love it to pieces. :)

Saphire
04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Your Grandaughter is beautiful, she will love this when she see it, you have done a lovely painting.

barnburner
04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Congratulation to your new grandaughter Barney. Nice painting of her... just keep it until she grows up, she'll love it to pieces. :)

Thank you AT.. Yeah, I'd like to do one of her and her sister. Thanks again. :):)

barnburner
04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Your Grandaughter is beautiful, she will love this when she see it, you have done a lovely painting.

Thanks Saphire... I truly appreciate your kind comments. :):)

semd74
04-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Beautiful little girl, Mike and a good painting...:-)

Suha
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
oh god,i hope to hug her and kiss a lot , i love children i wish her a happy life
nice work:)

barnburner
04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Beautiful little girl, Mike and a good painting...:-)

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated. :):)

barnburner
04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
oh god,i hope to hug her and kiss a lot , i love children i wish her a happy life
nice work:)

Suha, thank you very much. :):)

Caesar
04-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Am I wrong to see her resembling to her grandpa? :)
I understand it may sound weird, considering her considerable beauty :D, but I also saw somewhere Your picture of almost a century ago and You didn't look ba at all! ;):p
Just kidding.
The portrait looks really great and may be it could be a god excercise and also the base for some illustrations for the second book on Sean and Mariska adventures, who will have hopefylly procreated by then ...:o:D

barnburner
04-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Am I wrong to see her resembling to her grandpa? :)
I understand it may sound weird, considering her considerable beauty :D, but I also saw somewhere Your picture of almost a century ago and You didn't look ba at all! ;):p
Just kidding.
The portrait looks really great and may be it could be a god excercise and also the base for some illustrations for the second book on Sean and Mariska adventures, who will have hopefylly procreated by then ...:o:D

But...you have to remember that a century ago, I was only 35.... :)
Thanks for your kind comment on both my granddaughter, and my effort on her portrait.
The hair like to drove me crazy. At her age, her hair is so fine, and it just goes off in all directions.:)

I've been wondering about whether or not Sean and Mariska made it thru the harsh Colorado winter.
I've searched the newspapers and television, but no news yet.
:):)

pat1940
04-16-2011, 01:12 AM
aw Barney sweet painting, just want to hug her;);):)

coops
04-16-2011, 02:11 AM
What a little treasure she is and you have painted her with the love of a grandpa. Well done Barnburner:)

barnburner
04-16-2011, 02:13 AM
aw Barney sweet painting, just want to hug her;);):)

Thanks Pat. Appreciate that very much. :):)

barnburner
04-16-2011, 02:15 AM
What a little treasure she is and you have painted her with the love of a grandpa. Well done Barnburner:)

Thanks Katie.. My wife said the original didn't have enough hair, so I did that, and uploaded a second painting. Appreciate your kind comments. :):)

coops
04-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I've just looked at the second one Barnburner and its terrific and has such a warm feeling to it. Well done on the hair too:)

barnburner
04-16-2011, 05:37 AM
I've just looked at the second one Barnburner and its terrific and has such a warm feeling to it. Well done on the hair too:)

Thank you so much Katie... Very much appreciated! :):)

justjean
04-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Grandpa's love is shining through on this lovely painting of a beautiful little girl :)

Jasminek
04-16-2011, 09:24 AM
What an ado:)rable, huggable baby, you have painted well on this portrait.

barnburner
04-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Grandpa's love is shining through on this lovely painting of a beautiful little girl :)

Guilty as charged! :):) Thank you very much Jean.. :)

barnburner
04-16-2011, 10:10 AM
What an ado:)rable, huggable baby, you have painted well on this portrait.

Jasmine, thank you so much. :):)

gxhpainter2
04-16-2011, 11:03 AM
BB - a wonderfully charming piece.... your wife was right... more hair is better but I do like the blue background... you could select out the portrait from the second and paste into the other blue background....using a copy of course
:):):):)

barnburner
04-16-2011, 11:54 AM
BB - a wonderfully charming piece.... your wife was right... more hair is better but I do like the blue background... you could select out the portrait from the second and paste into the other blue background....using a copy of course
:):):):)

Thanks. Yeah, I did not merge the portrait with the background just in case I decided to switch. I'll let it grow on me for a couple of days then decide..
Thank you for the kind comments. :):)

Noogins
04-16-2011, 01:03 PM
She's so sweet and love the name that's my daughters name. You did a great job I know how hard portraits can be.

barnburner
04-17-2011, 03:52 AM
She's so sweet and love the name that's my daughters name. You did a great job I know how hard portraits can be.

They have been very difficult for me, but I'm learning.
I appreciate your kind comments very much. :):)