PDA

View Full Version : Ma Kick the Spittoon Over Here

P. D. Dinkles
04-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Saw a segment on Pawn Brokers. Could not help myself. And I would never have Ma do that. Cousin Becky will.

In jest.

Caesar
04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Dear mate, I would already like to succeed getting at least the amazing background of many of Your artpieces and the one here is no exception! :eek:
But the whole work and the style You set in this and other ones with similar subject, has a little of sublime. They seem paintings seen on some ancient colored window which are full of a natural light becoming warm going through the glass ...:):):):):)

semd74
04-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Very nice mix of color and light

coops
04-15-2011, 01:17 AM
I do like the effect of the background P.D. well done on a fine painting:)

Jasminek
04-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Good colors and backgound.:)

justjean
04-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Great painting and colours and I'm still laughing over my minds eye vision of Ma kicking the spitton :D

Alexandra
04-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Bring this nice painting ma, but please leave the snuff and spittoon out!:eek: haha! Nice work PD, I love the texture and design.:)

gxhpainter2
04-15-2011, 04:49 AM
PD - I agree with Caesar your backgrounds are very interesting and give a subdued quality of light and warmth... even to a spitoon... although I must say i have never seen a glass one... my grandpa's was just an old Foldgers coffee can... but great work no matter what the motivation..:D:D:D

P. D. Dinkles
04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
GHX

I did mean the spittoon to be a well worn, dull, dented copper/gold metal spittoon (one of them there fancy ones) with plenty of evidence of missed liberations covering and affixed in place with a reddish brown patina. Can't replicate the odor that I am told accompanied this appliance or the obvious contribution pf epidemics, maybe even the pandemic of 1918.

But your right, I could have increased the opacity of that layer.