PDA

View Full Version : Practising with pencil

Caesar
04-13-2011, 10:01 PM
I collected some of my pencil sketching excercises.
They're all referenceless drawings. I simply used one dark grey and the pencil and pencil pre-sets, with some little setting change here and there, plus a personal basic pre-set whose features are not among the standard pre-sets.
I finally made a use of a second layer just to copy the first one and select the multiply blending mode (upper layer at about 80% transparency), to reinforce pencil tones.

waheednasir
04-13-2011, 10:18 PM
dear mate, i see these as very good studies and exercises.
pencil tonal drawing and sketching teach a person a lot and the most important thing to be good at.
well done..:).

barnburner
04-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Splendidly done Caesar, as usual. :):)

Mike Martin
04-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for sharing the technique. I'll have to give it a try!

semd74
04-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Excellent pencil sketches !!!

gxhpainter2
04-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Caesar - very nice sketches, you have a very good eye and mark making skill to bring out the human form...:):):)

AT-TA
04-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Caesar,your sketches are always delight to see... male or female and these are not the exception... so good to see a skill performed with joy.

coops
04-14-2011, 03:10 AM
These are all so very good Cesare, well done again:)

pat1940
04-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Wonderful sketches Caesar, thanks for sharing;):)

ScottF
04-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Superb studies, caesar!

Nika
04-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Absolutely wonderful sketches. :):):)

Caesar
04-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Thank You very much, dear Waheed! The problem starts when I want to get more complex and push details and imagination is unable to build any real world effect and liht and shades play ...

I'm training in view of Your next inspiring novel, dear Barnburner!:p Thank You!

Dear Mike, I think that also the art pen and felt pen combination may be inteesting to test for drawings, especially for a more comics like style ...:rolleyes: I hope to see soon Your outcomes then. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Semd74! When I'm not on a painting this is what I get since this subject is reaonably within my comfort domain.

Actually humans are the animals I used to draw the most since ever, dear Gxhpainter. Thank You!

Dear Anna, since I'm not good with flowers ... :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! They should get into one of Your paintings scenarios to become super though.

It was my pleasure, dear Pat.Thank You!

Thank You, dear Scott! Actually it's a way to possibly set up quiclky enough some scene, even in view of follow-on painting.

I didn't finish as yet to learn more and more proficient ways to use ArtRage the simple way, but it's really a great fun, dear Nika. Thank You!

Alexandra
04-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Great work as always Cesare, you are an excellent artist dear mate!

justjean
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Mr Caesar, your pencil sketches are a thing of beauty, wonderful sketching :)

jibes
04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Ceasar. These are all excellent!!

MacPix
04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Excellent drawings! I have always loved graphite art!

Caesar
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra! I'd rather say a reasonably skilled drawer, amateur painter which always hope to touch art, with a little of good chance, when a favourable day comes ... :p:)

Dear Jean, I have a reasonble chance to get some good enough drawing, after my long natural passion for the pencil, so I tend to go back there to relax and it's just a pleasure when I succeed and can share with friend in here who like to see these little outcomes. Thank You!

Too kind of You, dear Jibes! Considering they're absolutely referenceless, they're not bad I'd rather say ...

Me too, dear MacPix, with all my heart and passion. The pencil was often present and part in my sweetest and most distant memories ...