PDA

View Full Version : Memory Fades of My Childhood Home

P. D. Dinkles
04-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Preserve your memories. There all thats left you.

Alexandra
04-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Very nice and thought provoking design PD!

Mike Severoff
04-13-2011, 12:40 AM
interesting, attractive effect

Caesar
04-13-2011, 01:42 AM
This should be more or less the landscape a subnuclear particle may see in a hadrons collider! :eek::cool::D
Terrific! The dynamic effects is absollutely stunning!

gxhpainter2
04-13-2011, 02:09 AM
PD - very beautiful effect, the slightly out-of-focus geometrical forms work well with the streaming iridescence lines.... amazing you can get this from AR:):)

pat1940
04-13-2011, 02:25 AM
PD love this creative painting you have done, the colors and effects are wonderful;);):)

Noogins
04-13-2011, 07:12 AM
WOW:eek: That is a truly awesome and stunning effect. So colorful! Very nice.

semd74
04-13-2011, 07:55 AM
WOW...love what you have done in this painting !!!

P. D. Dinkles
04-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Thank you everyone for the nice things you said about Memory Fades...

GHXPainter correctly alluded,"amazing you can get this from AR". Of course I can't, beyond some simple controls, it is very impossible to get these results in AR.

Now, I am not critiquing AR. By far it is my favorite. Most of my work is AR on my Mac and IPad. But when I need something special to compliment AR, e.g. (Tint, Color Filter Gradient, Saturation, Contrast, Sharpen, Glow, Vignette, Blurs, Glow, et.al), I go to either Painter 11 or PS 5. I have too many apps. I feel diluted and confused! Like being trilingual, or being three dimensionally dyslexic in seven dimensional hyper-space. (Caesar: Like your Hadron Collider reference).

Not that I want use these bewildering, convoluted apps. I like AR for its simplicity and design. If AR had all the tools I mentioned above, it would be god-ugly. But if Ambient could incorporate some of these tools in their motif, it would be great.

So, if there is a convention or rule not to use anything outside AR, no exceptions, I definitely want to comply because I like this community. I can send these to my Deviant gallery.

Please advise.

P.D. Dinkles
A man of leisure

Caesar
04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Dear mate, there's no such a strict rule as You say, as far as I know.
Commonly also works only partially made with AR (no matter how little) are exhibited and people in here wasn't disturbed neither by some occasional posts with some wonderful pictures or even real paintings which may be found useful, inspiring or example of how AR enhances (or can be used to get) non virtual artpieces.
I can tell because I'm one among the rascals who already infringed "the rule" in case, with particular sky pictures or summer holiday real watercolors postings.;)

AT-TA
04-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Nicely effective, P.D. As i see, your childhood projected itself into the rest of your life and keeps you excited and enthusiastic and cheerful...as far as i can see here. Good work.
Owning more then one program, for me too is impossible to work just in artrage, because every painting wants different brushes, effects etc. But Artrage was my first program, before i ventured out and it is still the main program for the basic work.And i love it for its simplicity also.

Jasminek
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Fascinating result indeed.:)

D Akey
04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
I love the idea of painting a fading memory. To me this one is like a memory zipping away rather than fading which to me happens slowly, where it loses detail, sorta. But my comment is merely musing aloud, not critiquing. More a comparison with my own process. I think yours is a fascinating take on the notion.

I think yours reminds me more of short term memory loss, which I experience this fading happening rapidly, kind of like I am going to do something after I finish what's at hand, only once it's done, I often forget the other thing I was going to do.

Now thinking back on your pic as I write this, yours takes on the quality of a Buddhist sand painting that is understood to be temporary, and that the wind will come in and blow it away. It wouldn't be difficult to think of our lives in the past as a sand painting, and one's old home as subject to the winds of time. And conceptually your painting does work for me most in this context.

As to using and posting work done in other venues and with other programs in part or in whole, I have heard the Rage boys (the owners and developers of this program) comment that so long as the person posting shows primarily work done in ArtRage, it's fine. (This was referring to normal art done in the real world with paint and canvas and the like.)

As to using several programs, I don't know how an artist can avoid going to the programs that do the job best. I think that is seen in that in ArtRage, you can import and export files compatible with Photoshop (layers and so on). If they didn't expect you to use these formats, they wouldn't have put it in as part of what ArtRage can do.

I suppose anything can be abused. But those are the general guidelines as I understand them. I think we all want this to be a dynamic forum. And ArtRage is for the creative spirit.

Anyway, I like your painting!

P. D. Dinkles
04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
D Akey

Brillant points of discussion that cause me to think again. I am feeling old and reflective. I suggest it is not a moment made in the now but someone thinking in the future and it is the perception of future loss. Now if we could all live in the now.

I also appreciate the Buddhist sand painting comparison. Very thoughtful and keen.

Another painting doing it's job, inviting thought and discussion. Ever wonder if you should share your paintings with your psychiatrist? TMI

D Akey
04-13-2011, 11:23 PM
If the psychiatrist's Jungian, you better believe it! Hahaha. Sorta wrote the book on it.

What's TMI?

MacPix
04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Beautiful image, no matter how it was made!