PDA

View Full Version : Colors of the Sea

Alexandra
04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Blue, grey, and green.... Short stroked settings on watercolor, just a quickie tonight.
Inspired from one of my favorite movies....Sarah Plain and Tall.

barnburner
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Very nicely done Sandy..:):) I liked that movie too.
Good to see you painting again. There was a rumor floating around the forum that you had run off to Vegas with Justin Bieber.....
Now that I think about it, I suppose I shouldn't have started that rumor....:D:D:):):)

justjean
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Sandy, a lovely scene indeed,and I think you should smack Barn for starting that rumour about you and baby b :D

Alexandra
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks so much Mike. I wish I could have made a better one, but this repair job on my bathroom has me wiped out.
Now this rumor....for goodness sakes Mike, at least make it someone like Depp, or Crowe!!!!:cool::D:p:D

Haha Jean-I think you are right, thanks so much!:D

Jasminek
04-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Glad to see your painting again, nice one too.:)

semd74
04-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Nice texture and soft color...glad to have you back and painting again...we all missed YOU :):):)

pat1940
04-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Sandy, very soft and dreamy, agree glad to see you again

gxhpainter2
04-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Alexandra - beautiful brush work and modeling within a limited pallet. Makes for a strong painting...:):):):)

Bobbyray
04-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Very cool sandy....but the waves are scaaaary to a sailor, ya know....hehe :eek:

So, Mike is starting rumors? Bad boy!! He knows how to get women all riled up, hu? ;)

Hold out for your dream Mon! :eek: hehe BUT we all know you already have him.....;)

P. D. Dinkles
04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Alexandra:

Very nice depiction of a rough sea. I would certainly think about reefing the sails when the white caps appear. But I would carry the spinnaker to the very last minute because I am crazy. Your gray, green, and blue is exactly correct. Off shore it is pretty gray. Some call the ocean the Big Gray, with the ocean and sky hiding the horizon in gray. I like gray. Friends of mine wrote my epitaph, " Herein lays P.D. Dinkles. Born on a dark day, died on a gray.

P.D.

Alexandra
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much Jasmine. I know this is not relative to this thread, but I always think of you when I view my temple rubbings. I know it is not done anymore, and that it caused so much damage-this makes me sad, but I admire their beauty and history so much.

Hi Steve, Thank you, I appreciate that so much!

Thanks so much dear Pat, and thanks for the encouragement also on home repairs....part of life, huh?

GX, thanks so much!

Bobbyray, Hey, I know it. Makes me think about the time I was on my way to the White Cliffs of Dover...1985...rain, rough, and I was the very color of the sea.
Oh, and the rumors-hey my hubby does look like a cross between Robert Redford, and Nick Nolte, with a bit of Viking in him-6'8" tall, a good man, hubby, and father to his kids. That would make him a star indeed.;):D

Hi PD, oh I know I am a pitiful painter. I do so need to take more time and improve, I have the desire, but unfortunately the time is lacking. Always busy busy busy. I appreciate your advice-and perhaps when I gain back a few brain cells I will give it a go again. And talking about grey days, the sea, and things of this nature-I love them too.
Nothing better to me than rain, cup of tea, and a good book. ;):)

Suha
04-12-2011, 10:15 AM
nice work and amazing sky:)

Caesar
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Watercolor for sea water. It really rocks (I mean also that the waves seem to hypnotically do it). I guess You had much to do with water in Your bathroom major maintenance activities! :D
I would like to see this painting also as a tribute to hundreds and thousands people who lost their life in the see trying tor get from North African coasts to Europe on boats, driven by just a GPS, to follow their hope to leave their misery back, while Europe just looks without any plan for them, for investing and developping their countries.
The only principle and strategy is a short-sighted attempt to safeguard only egoistic national interest of each individual country, without assuming responsibilities, also after unwise, fanciful decisions taken as a stupid protagonistic reaction to a decadence doom that separation is already ineluctably providing to each one.

Alexandra
04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh thank you dear Suha, I am not deserving, but I appreciate your kindness!

Thank you for commenting dear Cesare. I love the sea, and I pray to be able to travel at least by this Fall. With all of the plumbing, you are right-maybe there is a bit of a subliminal thing going on here-haha. You should have seen my face when my neighbor and friend had to cut out our bathroom wall and I saw the broken pipe. Water going into the wall, floor beams, underneath the house...I was just about to sit down and have a good cry. He was magnificent and knew just what to do and repaired it in no time.
And the poor sea travelers, it makes me appreciate so much. When I started looking into my own roots, and what all immigrants go through-is nothing short of hell. So many things happening now, and sadly with all the advancement and knowledge, still history repeating itself with useless trial and tragedy. God bless them all for the courage and strength that it took for them to undertake this effort in the first place.

MacPix
04-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Love your colors and the rolling waves. And I too love the rainy days, tea and a good book!:)

Saphire
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Beautiful, tranquil and fluent. Love it.

Alexandra
04-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi Deb, I think I am due for a nice long rainy day, how about you? Just a day to myself with a good book and maybe a cat or two curled around my feet and lap. Thanks so much for your kind comment!

Thanks so much for your kind comment Saphire, it is so fun to paint the sea especially with the watercolor tools and their special effects.

coops
04-15-2011, 01:25 AM
Nice one Sandy, I really like the sky, well done:)

Alexandra
04-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Thanks so much dear Katie!

AT-TA
04-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Yesm these are the colors when the see gets "rough". On such occasions one cannot eat nothing but apples.:-)