PDA

View Full Version : Deep Space Painting

Bobbyray
04-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi all

Another new space painting.... I have learned much from a master tutor over the last two years and am just mastering it myself....I think. ;)

Hope you enjoy this one...

the original is W-3500px x H-5000px .png 300dpi

This is .........W-768px x H-1024px and .jpg (resized from original) 72 dpi

This is my latest space art painting.

P. D. Dinkles
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice piece. Would that master tutor be Yoda?

Bobbyray
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi PD

NO not YODA but a master just the same. He has been teaching me about depth, shadows, a 3d look to 2d imagery. It has taken me a while to get the hang of it all digitally and learning ArtRage. ArtRAge is the best program to me for acomplishing this.

I had to create my own stencils, for starfields, planet textures and others and that was a task. Many were available but were not quite close to my needs. Now they are complete and I am rockin the universe with some really nice professional space art. I also do 3d with my space art for sci-fi book/magazine covers and imagery. A new path for my art. Wish me luck..... :cool:

justjean
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Wishing you the best o luck on your endeavors :D, and this painting is wonderful, love the shading and makes one sense the immenseness of the sky

Noogins
04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Wonderful! The depth is incredible. I feel like I am right there floating in space. Now my dear Peter you are the Master. :)

Caesar
04-08-2011, 07:18 PM
What a majestic, magnificent space painting! :eek::cool::):):):):):)
If I ever write a Sci-Fi story I wouldn't think to anyone else for my scenarios! ;)

waheednasir
04-08-2011, 08:37 PM
thats beautiful Bobby. the color scheme is very good, very well chosen..:).

Bobbyray
04-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Justjean...Thank you, Thank you and I do believe it does from what others tell me too....:) I try very hard.

Noogins...... Thank you too, very kind of you and I am so glad that you find it realistic.

Waheed... Thank you too my friend, much appreciated.

Caesar..... Thanks mucho ....
I will wait for you to write that Sci-fi book.:cool:

I have written a script for one but not yet finished it. It needs graphics and I know someone who can now do that....hehe I did a 3d animation short movie of it but it needs some minor or tweeks.
Basically:
As the story goes, an American tourist up in the Himilayas is abducted by an group of Pirate aliens. They genetically modify his dna changing him into a being that can morph into other body shapes. The Grey species of aliens discover this and kill the pirate aliens, taking our human morpher to their home world and making a new female species,
(also a (mother) morpher) and then take the two to an uninhabited world, to populate it. And Populate they dooooooo. hehe Well there wasn't much else to do, ya know! hehe Adom and Eva were their names and populating was their game.:eek:;)

screenpainter
04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
That's the most beautiful space art I have seen so far.
This is really par excellence in the realm of space art.
outstanding!!!

P. D. Dinkles
04-09-2011, 12:04 PM
"Lucky you are to master you have." (Yoda syntax)

I would love to learn depth. Everything is so flat.

P.D.

Bobbyray
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
GZ and PD

Thanks so much..I finally figured out some new techniques that really make my space art come ALIVE so to say. :eek::cool: I love it and apparently so does everyone else and that's what makes it even better.

Suha
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
i am afraidof this space ,but i loved it through you drawing..
very impressive:)

coops
04-09-2011, 08:51 PM
You are the master at these Bobby, another fine painting:)

Bobbyray
04-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Thank you Suha and Coops...very nice that you enjoyed viewing it.:)

Mike Severoff
04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Amazing work.
Looks like the Hubble Space Telescope photo.
I really like the drawings on the space theme.

Alexandra
04-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow Bobbyray, beautiful!!! Hey, you've captured my space ship bottom left!:p:D

Bobbyray
04-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Thanks much Mike and Alexandra

I decided that my regular space art was well not so interesting to folks so I went to a more realistic space art style. Although the new paintings are still created from imagination they appear as a real telescope viewing would..well a big big deep space telescope anyway. Folks seem to appreciate and realate to this style more than the other style/s. :cool:

Thanks again for the kind words and tunnin in......:)