PDA

View Full Version : Parati or Paraty

Lima
04-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Parati (250 km from my home) with its fantastic historical and cultural richness.
Old dwellings sheltering restaurants, bookstores, art galleries, preserved Baroque Churches, solemn buildings transformed into Cultural Centers, and in any corner or passageway in streets, a historical site, a spot that recounts and relives life in the city and the country.:)

Caesar
04-06-2011, 11:55 PM
It really looks like a little paradise to enjoy life woth all its blessings.
Your luminous, marvellous painting perfectly conveys all this!

Jasminek
04-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Perfect setting. It takes me back to a town full of old families and everyone knows everybody. Beautiful art indeed.:D

coops
04-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Stunningly beautiful painting of a beautiful place, your paintings are always a joy to view dear Oriane:)

AT-TA
04-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Beautiful, relaxing scenery painted masterly. Love the colors, a usually. :)

justjean
04-07-2011, 04:02 AM
Lima, how beautiful and as always I admire your brush strokes :)

pat1940
04-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Orian, this is outstanding, so beautiful and wonderful brush strokes, a pleasure to view:):):);););)

Lee
04-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Dear Lima, so beautiful and pleasing a painting and lucky you!!!:)

screenpainter
04-07-2011, 06:40 AM
my bags are packed. :) looks like a wonderful place to visit and your painting is beautiful.

P. D. Dinkles
04-07-2011, 07:20 AM
This is where we all should live our lives. Are they taking applications for political asylum?

Beautiful painting. Your descriptive adds to it's beauty.

D Akey
04-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I was a little worried that you had run off at Carnivale with some deeply tanned beauty(ies). . . who took you on a gypsy samba odyssey 250 km before the musicians got tired. . . or so I surmise from your absence. Last thing that was heard from you was the countdown to Solstice Sunday, and the voice echoing down the streets "Bring wine". . .

So, Dr. Lima, you undergo any native initiations on your journey up the river?

Well, it's great having you back making me thoroughly jealous from the sights you see. Nice painting. In MOARA already I see.

MacPix
04-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Wonderful painting of a beautiful place! I would love to be anchored in that harbor!:)

gxhpainter2
04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
beautifully painted with warm rich colors and nicely done with the water and reflections. I am ready to move there... we can start a AR community :D

Lima
04-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Caesar, Jasmine, Coops, AT, Jean, Pat, Lee, GZ, Dinkles, Akey (I wish I could,lol), MacPix, gxhpainter. I am grateful to you all.

An explanation:
At the time of the discovery of Brazil, the Indians of the Paraíba Valley coming down the mountain in search of fish, because they knew that the fish rum (Mugil curema), in the winter months, went up the rivers to spawn, making it easy prey. Such quantity of fish that had the Indians called this place Paratii in Tupi means "water of rum (" rum "= fish species and" i "= river or water).

The Jesuits, catechized the Indians and where the first to study their languages, they used to replace the double "i" with the letter "y" just passing the name of this place Paratii to Paraty.

The two forms are commonly used, search Paraty and you will see how beauty it is.

Lee
04-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Dear Lima, thank you for the lovely history lesson!!:)