PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse

Noogins
04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Can't remember if I did this in oil or watercolor :confused:

eighty+
04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi noggs. Ike the colour and the overall effect but I thnk the lighthouse shouldn't be central but wait for the overs to say as I'm not that good on that sort of thing ok congrats. :D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Dark and stormy times are coming ... Great mood here!

Noogins
04-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Thanks all and you're right it shouldn't be central but it was a photo I found off the internet. I should of moved it off center though.

AT-TA
04-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Interesting sky, nicely painted. :)

P. D. Dinkles
04-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Noogins

Your painting made me think of many things. A painting that makes you think or reflect is why there is paint on the artist's brush (or stylus).

There is nothing I like better to see from afar a dark storm approaching and it's arrival with fury.

Your great intensity in the sky and strong lighthouse standing as a bastion to uncertainty, marks the way for ships at sea altruistically.

I wish I tended a lighthouse on a rocky prominence somewhere in Maine where storms after storms come ashore, and the winds came ashore at 35 knots. I'd never tire of that. I would wear thick wool turtleneck sweaters, fowl weather gear and pretend to smoke a pipe.

Your painting made me think of many things.

P.D.

justjean
04-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Noogins, great mood to this dark and stormy scene :)

Noogins
04-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks to all for the nice comments and P. D. lol about the pipe. :)
I love the Oregon Coast and plan to move there some day. This is The Yaquina Lighthouse in Newport Oregon. I love those northwest storms! Thanks again for all the kind comments.

mannafig
04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Nicely done whatever you used Noogins:):)