PDA

View Full Version : Second Try...

Sketchism71
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Went back to the drawing board on this poster project. This is for a fundraiser for the little league my kids play on. Taking the great advice and tips I had on my last post, I decided to personalize it a little with actual players. The background, home plate, and baseball all painted with brush and knife. The kids were imported into separate layers and touched up with paint to blend with the painting. The flying dirt was created with the crayon tool. Text done in Photoshop. Thanks again for all the feedback on the last poster.

Now I remember why illustration is such a challenging job, my hat goes off to all the illustrators out there!

Thanks for checking it out!:)

eighty+
04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
smashing job sketch congrats

AT-TA
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Almighty good, Sketch...love the colors and compositios and effects. Be proud of this.!

MacPix
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Oh my gosh, the team must be thrilled with this! :D:D:D

semd74
04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Outstanding !!!

Caesar
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
You got a really excited and exciting illustration whose strong appeal will certainly be appreciated!

lobanw
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
good work, it carries on the excitment.

barnburner
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Absolutely splendid Sketch... You most certainly hit a home run with this one. Great job! :):)

limey-g
04-04-2011, 11:37 PM
A really good eye catching poster with great colours.
Well done
Geoff

D Akey
04-05-2011, 02:35 AM
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He swings and connects. . . oh this one is OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):)

And the parents and kids are on their feet!!!!!!!!! GRAND SLAM, Arti-San

With one little PS about the type only cause the pic is great-- 2011 could be spaced more evenly. I know it's how it came out, but tightening the kerning in the two ones, one at a time. The way one assesses the spacing is to think in terms of the amount of overall negative space between the letters and they usually should be roughly equal to the eye. Keeping the type in balance is important.

Right now the 2 and 0 are tight, the next 1 has more space than between the 2 and 0, and then the last 1 is much farther. One usually doesn't bother with this kind of thing for body copy, but headlines/titles are crafted with an eye on proportion.

I do love that image though.

<EDIT: um, on second look the 2 and the 0 might have more space, compared with "SPRING", and you can work out the balance thing however it feels best. But I was hasty in which needs to be spaced differently. But it's the same idea overall.>

gxhpainter2
04-05-2011, 03:14 AM
excelllent work, this is a much clearer read of the activity of Little league and expertly rendered that the first go which was good but the shapes and lettering seemed to fight with the image in the background for the viewers attention this one works much better:D:D

pat1940
04-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Sketch, be proud my friend because this is FANTASTIC work, perfect illustration;););););););):):):):):)2 thumbs up:D

coops
04-05-2011, 06:32 AM
This is great Sketch, one can feel the energy coming from those children. Well done:)

screenpainter
04-05-2011, 06:15 PM
You did an awesome job on the layout and met the design challenge well. Looks great Eddie.

Sketchism71
04-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Thanks a bunch everyone! This was a fun project! Even more worth it if it brings in a few bucks for the league. 8 already sold from posting it on facebook so off to a great start. A full size 20x30" sample will be hanging in the snack shack at the ball fields all season for people to order.

Another successful use for this amazing program!!! Thanks again for all your great advice!!!

@D Akey - Once again... You have that magic eye and you are absolutely correct about the 2011. I definitely will adjust and space those numbers out evenly... Thank you!!!!

mannafig
04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
WOW superb work dear Sketch:):)