PDA

View Full Version : His name is Qeee and he deals drugs

Josh163rd
04-04-2011, 07:02 AM
So, this is the first real drawing I have done with Artrage.... I have always been a Pen, Copic Marker, and Paper guy but this program is pretty cool and I am starting to get the hang of it...

More about Qeee. Qeee lives on the outskirts of a large city. He is a low income drug dealer due to his inherent ability to scare off buyers... Qeee has a hard time telling a lie and divulges information he thinks is important to know... Qeee Deals a (fake) drug called VAX which in his world would be consisted completely illegal and would be the equivalent to our "X mixed with LSD".

In this picture he is waiting for Red a regular buyer, and the main subject of the story.

semd74
04-04-2011, 07:43 AM
As I scrolled slowly down the page I was expecting a very menacing looking character...LOL...good painting

Josh163rd
04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the comment. The title is just what it is... Surprising... Thanks again...

barnburner
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Surprising is the operative word here...
Being as I am one who would love to personally roast every drug dealer in the world over an open fire, I viewed this with some concern.
Nice to see this is a lighthearted character and well painted.

Josh163rd
04-04-2011, 11:22 PM
well then i am sure that you would not like the story... The story is loosely base on the completely moronic impression that is spoon feed to the American public on the "negative effects" drugs have on youth and the economy. It also touches on topics of homosexual rights, and the positive effects of non-addictive drugs such as LSD, WEED, AND MUSHROOMS. It is placed in a light cartoony manner t-o attract youth in to it true facts about life, drugs, and sex... To allow the youth of America to make rational thoughts on the subject of drugs, as well as taking the "irrational" "Middle America" away from the classic "Drink and Smoke, but dont do drugs approach"... The story also covers topics suck as "God" V.S. "church brain washing tech. to guilt you in to giving money....

thanks for the comment...

barnburner
04-05-2011, 12:19 AM
well then i am sure that you would not like the story... The story is loosely base on the completely moronic impression that is spoon feed to the American public on the "negative effects" drugs have on youth and the economy. It also touches on topics of homosexual rights, and the positive effects of non-addictive drugs such as LSD, WEED, AND MUSHROOMS. It is placed in a light cartoony manner t-o attract youth in to it true facts about life, drugs, and sex... To allow the youth of America to make rational thoughts on the subject of drugs, as well as taking the "irrational" "Middle America" away from the classic "Drink and Smoke, but dont do drugs approach"... The story also covers topics suck as "God" V.S. "church brain washing tech. to guilt you in to giving money....

thanks for the comment...

Like everybody else, you are entitled to your opinion.
As a grandfather who lost a grandson to a horrible death from heroin - I think you are a full blown moron.
I for one, will not be reading or viewing anything you do from this point on.
My respect for the posters on this forum prevents me from telling you exactly what I think of you, in exactly the language I would prefer to use.
Just understand that I think you are dirt.

Caesar
04-05-2011, 12:37 AM
This illustration is nicely queer. This is my visual and sub-conscious perception and sensation in front of it.

Having said that, I wouldn't give too much importance or feel particularly provoked though by this character. You may find too many similar "bad guys" adding a sort of decadent picturesque and etical completeness content to any sci-fi or fantasy story like Star Wars or similar sagas for istance.
I don't even think indeed that Qeee may be such an interesting, impressive and impacting figure or example or protagonist to build a story around and disrupt young or old people, after all; least to be the centre of any fiction story taking to a new vision of the world or claiming to tell the truth or lead to a new concept of salvation for anyone, seriously.
In a way the Simpson and the Griffins seem far more unpleasant and striking examples of the need to provide stronger negative and cynical characters to excite our worst feelings and emotions who are more and more fed up and sleeping as a consequence. That's possibly more for finding a new boundary market niche rather than to fight hypocrisy or excite any specific moral progress in our attitudes and minds.
I also think though that Your reply, Josh, which probably suffers also of lack of enough real stories and experiences thereabout, and certainly makes mythological assumptions about what addictive or not really means, is too simple and also quite confused.

Obviously should the topics You cited be really treated according to what You say, in a rational way, it would not be a comics that could accomplish the task.
We should first avoid any salad of topics and someone should rather volunteer to resume the old fashion effort to set up all or most of the issues into an innovative phylosophical system with all necessary definitions and assumptions as well as some sort of inherent logic, otherwise we would be all disputing about whichever level of new-conceived rights by any individual or group out of any reference, hierarchy and rationale, thus about nothing, but the attempt to affirm ourselves.
I'm too old and unadequate to try to set up such system and I don't think the answer is simply a matter of majority or public opinion or application of any divine law literally interpreted without any intelligent exegesis.

I hope my intervention may be of help to soothe any possible future dispute around some sensitive words in this post.... :)

Jasminek
04-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Sorry about the "Drug Dealer" topic, but I find it in "not so good taste".

The illustration is fine but let's think about other millions pleasant subjects, shall we?:(

Josh163rd
04-05-2011, 05:09 AM
As for the character, Qeee is made to invoke little to no reaction from the viewer to allow the viewer to feel as Qeee feels.

I am not endorsing any type of "Bad" Drug (Alcohol, Tobacco, Heroin, Cocaine, PCP, X, and any Similar drug by nature. As in it is either harmful to you health, or is chemically addictive.) Like Middle American Conservatives seem to do... (Drink, Drink, Drink)

Qeee is a "Low Income" Drug dealer due to the fact that he inherently tells his buyers facts about the drug they are attempting to buy.

I.E.

Buyer: Yo, man you got that $4!t.

Qeee: What stuff?

Buyer: You know, the Smack...

Qeee: .....uh

Buyer: ...OMFG the Heroin... Are you a cop?

Qeee: No I am not a cop..... you know I cant keep up with your slang... and yes I have it... (Discontented)

Buyer: ok, how much...

Qeee: 20 Bucks....

(Buyer and Qeee exchange money and drugs)
(As Qeee hands him the drugs Qeee States)

Qeee: Hey man did you know last year, 310,000 people over the age of 12 told the government that they had used, or are currently using Heroin?

Buyer: No.... (Discontented)

Qeee: Yeah, the study did not say anything about how many of those had died, guess they could not ask them... but I would think it would be like winning the lottery if you had life insurance...

Buyer: Yeah man... lots of money...

All I am attempting to say is that if the parents, and the government will not give the right facts other then "It is forbidden" then how is a young person going to make the correct choice and choose a drug that will not kill them like LSD, Mushrooms, or Marijuana (To include similar drugs)

It is Human Nature to attempt to distort the mind (for all of those "God" believers who are like "I dont do drugs... haven't and never will!!!!" I have one thing to say Water in to Wine... Alcohol which is the number one killer of teens using drugs in America condoned by Chris himself)

With in the storyline it also touches on "God"...

I.E. If Man invented, and or Discovered Mathematics, Science, Music, and Art what would keep Man from creating "God" since the largest fear of Man is not death nor the "Darkness", but the Fear of the loss of Controllable Consciousness. And because of this fear people would devote there lives and money to it to forget or disillusion themselves from the Lie at an attempt for a happier life and after life..

or he could be real...

it is a parody, the Story and its animation is not some over drawn, photo realistic piece of junk that leaves the viewer knowing exactly what it is. It is made for people to think about...

Thank you for the comments....

Caesar
04-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Well, interesting addition, but one more reason to confirm what I said i.e. that I can hardly see this a way to think of eschatology or to find a new way and vision to deal with the kind of problems You cite.
I rather think that the greatest fear is the idea to be enslaved to a painful situation lasting forever as a puppet of some evil superior will and one way being the loss of any self-control, self-esteem and even hope by whichever cause.
But there might be also other major fears maybe.
As for God's invention, well, it apparently occurred much before than mathematics, science etc. were invented, also before Homo Sapiens Sapiens appeared, most likely when a fully different kind of awareness emerged, so I can hardly believe it was initially "invented" as an intriguing speculative exercise or a mere, trivial needs satisfaction tool.

Josh163rd
04-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Caesar,

I would like to say a few things to you directly. First Judging by your picture you look to be about in your late 40's to early 50's which would place you in your teen within the late 70's to early 80's. I think you lost touch with what kids would want to see and what the would not. Furthermore we are talking about kids in America... Not Rome, or Europe in general, which is a completely different story... Even if if you had a thousand advisers, and every paint brush around I would completely question if you could ever accomplish what I have.

To add this is not for me... It is for the Kids... I cannot believe that you want to leave the childern with out guidance... Under your leadership our kids would turn out like Greece (Out of money, and filled with drugs...)

Your reaction to the God topic was very predicable due to the fact that the type of brain washing you have been subjected to...

First: Counter with "Hell"
(Then after confront about the brain washing)
Second Reply: I am not brain washed (even if you dont write it we all know you are.)

Josh then guesses you are Catholic, of which marry, and Chris are not the first Saints you pray to.

I would even go to as far as saying that you are using a thesaurus to find large words to ensure you feel superior.

Let me just say one more thing. Your style is played out. the photo realistic design is out (look at book sells on amazon.com)

Thanks for your comments....

Caesar
04-05-2011, 07:03 AM
If You know anything about paleoanthropology instead than just guessing from th fact that I live in Rome You would have confirmation about the human "inventions" timings. The use of stones and discovery or fire came before burials and all the rest You cited came much later.
I notice You're also a fine theologist indeed and art historian (for sure if You base Your notions on Dan Brown commercial thrillers!), but that's easy since You talk directly to Chris, and You probably already guessed also that I like pizza and spaghetti and You presume I can play mandolin.
Unfortunately for Your guessing I don't even need to use any thesaurus, it's just that our studies here comprises many disciplines invented in this area, including phylosophy, maths, logics etc. since a couple of millennia ago and I would inform we are accustomed to such words derived from ancient Latin and Greek civilization spread in this continent and which English borrowed. My native language itself is an evolution of Latin.
I don't use any substance to wash my brain, as You probably feel necessary to be logical and rational in Your opinion, except endorphines it may produce by itself.
I don't care to sell anything or wish to please kids, either American or Japanese of wherever else they may risk more anime or manga alienation, especially the ones hyperwashed at early age for becoming useful to the power (i.e. unable to contrast its stupidity by means of what they reserve to themselves) because of their ignorance.
Finally You are right I cannot accomplish what You did ... not anymore, since I was 6. ;):D

Take care.:p

pat1940
04-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Total agreement with Barney and Caesar:eek::eek::eek::eek:

P. D. Dinkles
04-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Congratulations Josh. You have accomplished what every great artist aspires to, invoke thought and ideas. Keep up the good work.

However, I think you should let your painting speak for itself. You don't need all the rhetoric. It is a great painting. I like the city on the background, the unique composition. I really like the expression you caught on Qeee's face. It is great.

Lastly, respect others ideas as you would have them respect yours (sounds biblical). These are all good people, here for the same thing that you are, the creation and appreciation of art and ideas.

P.D. Dinkles

Josh163rd
04-05-2011, 07:37 AM
So what I am taking from your last statement is that you, dont believe in god, and you dont care about drug use in the next generation... and then pat also denounces god and drug use... this is great!! thanks and thanks again for converting to Atheism for me... and allowing future kids with you endorsement to receive information on the positive effects of LSD, Mushrooms, and Marijuana!!!

Thanks for your comments...

Bobbyray
04-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi Josh,
I see we have to have a break here. :eek: Our forum is an art forum and that is what we are, Artists. We all know that we each have opinions based on facts and incidents from our own lives.

How about you show us your art and leave it at that. Your story should be on a blog or somewhere else but not here as it is indeed a sensitive topic. I am not judging you nor putting you down, I am just trying to help you see that you will only spread hate and discontent for youself here by doing so. What you believe is your right, right or wrong. Keep it to yourself here please. Perhaps you can call Alex Jones and tell him your anti-government and pro-Drugs beliefs, just an suggestion. :cool:

This is a great art forum and great people, use it wisely or lose it bro! Thats a fact. ;)

semd74
04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Ditto...Bobbyray !!!

pat1940
04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Bobby, I need to hold my temper, who is he to tell me that I denouce God, I think he must be a 14 year old boy that has a lot of problems :rolleyes:

Bobbyray
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
pat

He was just jerking chains to get folks all riled up. It is not important what he says as it is simply to stir up BS and aggggrivate people. If you respond...he has won. and you are left all upset.... Why let such a small mind do this to you? Our feelings. He knows that...he is an adult and fairly intelligent. Wisdom is knowing when someone is just pulling your chains for a reaction.

His mission was to spread hate and discontent. :rolleyes: So let it go. It was not important or even relevant. His words mean nothing. He is a drug addict not in his right mind., or is it left....???hehe

The world is full of these people, ignor them. Now back to art!!!! YEA:)

pat1940
04-05-2011, 02:46 PM
You are so right Bobby, I thought about it afterwards and how stupid of me to let bother me, so I just painted my heart out and it just drifted away:DI enjoy this forum so much and love to paint so nothing can take that away:D:D:D

Jasminek
04-06-2011, 03:15 AM
OK back to art, I agree, geez,:) the tangen on God and so on, can't believe it. Thanks Bobby Ray.

Josh163rd
04-06-2011, 04:38 AM
I cannot believe the people within this Forum... I post one picture and attempt to make a few simple points because I am down right attacked, and get nothing but negative interaction...

All I was attempting to say was that Kids need education. To allow them to make intelligent choices when it comes to Sex, Drugs, and "God"...

I really dont know why there are so many blind conservatives within this forum (Possibly it is that they have thought themselves how to use a computer... Finally).

This topics, are the topics your kids talk about at school with their friends because they are to scared to talk about it with you... If we stop putting Drugs in a dark back room and introduce them to it early, we would not have poor and sad deaths like Barn's Grandson... This mistake could have been avoided if education was given at a young age... where logical reasons were given (Which would contain only fact, not propaganda spread by the "Conservatives of the Baby Boomer Gen.") It is completely ignorant that people who should consider themselves intelligent cannot see that the war on drugs is one NEVER going to END, and the current PROGRAMS are FAILING...

If you are a Christian would you not want your children to "Find God"... If Chris is real then I am sure he would not want you forcing the bible down your kid's throat... At least we got rid of the Stupid and Much OUTDATED Spare the Rod and... BS... That is now called child abuse... I mean if you can hit an Man who can full well defend his-self how can you expect to be able to hit a child... Its wrong...

For this is what the Story and The picture is about enlightening youth and allowing them to make the choice.

Lastly I do not currently do illegal drugs. I am burdend by a legal drug called Tobacco, and because of two reasons this SUPER DEADLY drug is still on the market. One Taxes not only does the FED make money, but each STATE is allowed to tax this deadly addictive drug (Statistically more people have die because of this DEADLY ADDICTIVE drug then any other and dont even compare to the drugs I endorse LSD, Marijuana, Mushrooms and Similar Drugs). Two, because during the Early stages of the U.S.'s development. This drug was mass marketed and was the U.S.'s "CASH CROP". It is more addictive then Cocaine and more harmful due to its social stats then Heroin and PCP Combined.

Again Qeee states Facts not the MORONIC Propaganda...

Thanks Again For reading this and looking at the picture... oh and thanks to those whom are rethinking the "God" thing...

Josh163rd
04-06-2011, 05:37 AM
I have done nothing but defend my art, as the first comments on this forum were directed at the title and their options of the subject... is the conversation and the story not also art?!?!?

If I was to take the forum pages and blow them up and post them in a local area to demonstrate conservative views on the topic wouldn't that be art as well, and since I have controlled the conversations through my words would I not be the creator?

Since my words and yours are now apart of the piece would you have anything important to say or would you rather be restricted, reserved, or unresponsive?

I have had little to no comments directly about the composition of the drawing nor have I had comments on its effect on the viewer.

I did not start this... The Attacking public viewing the picture's Title did...

"Art... it is what it is"
-Josh163rd

Thanks for the comments... and thanks for converting to Science, and reason...

Crtical
04-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I applaud you Josh, for being passionate about the education of our youth in a time when society as a whole is at an all time low. A neutral party willing to educate our children without stuffing a bible down their throats is most welcome in today's current age. The downright foolishness of believing in a god-like figure amazes me and I wonder how such ridiculous superstition can last even today, especially in light of all the proof that it is all fabricated.

If God was real, why would the Vatican have secret archives? Simple, he doesn't exist, and the texts within the Vatican's archives are things that would discredit and disprove the Catholic Church's fairy tales that they have used to put a stranglehold on modern society. Any organization that attempts to discredit scientific evidence (ala dinosaurs) with the argument of "they were put there to test our faith" is ridiculous. As an avid writer and a person with an education, I find this to be ridiculous. In the scientific community, if I were to present a theory based solely on faith, I'd be laughed at.

Excellent work Josh, the painting looks great, the style is absolutely excellent and it is really cleanly done. The world needs more people like yourself.

Josh163rd
04-06-2011, 06:12 AM
I dont think you got my last comment on how the whole thing is a part of the "Art"... but anyways

here is a quick drawing of Red on VAX after he got it from Qeee...

He is in very term "High" because he has taken way to much... Lesson...

Caesar
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Oh well, just another expert Vaticanist who mix though Catholic Church (why not Orthodox and Anglican which have basically the same interpretation apart from the Pope role?) and its "secret historical documents and Codices"(every scholar may study though just getting there) with people and preachers, most in Southern US using old Bible version by a British king (curious isn't it?) no more considered the most correct by any biblist, either believer of any christian faith or atheist, who believe in creationism, differently from Catholic Church which, notwithstanding its two millennia, admits Darwin and dinosaurs and Big Bang; the same people and preachers interpreting that Bible words literally.

By the way, are there many countries, states, organisations and governments that has no classified information? Because Vatican is also an autonomous state and still they didn't desperately try to set up an accusation whatever against Wikileaks or a rendition as many thriller books may well imagine sooner or later (they didn't even know that Leonardo da Vinci was homosexual, so who possibly was the beardless apostle) ...:D

I think that anyone wishing to change the world for the better will be welcome, provided he may first change himself (was he Chris who said that) and be ready to get all necessary knowledge, culture and rational tools.

Josh163rd
04-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks very much Crtical... I was getting to the point where I was going to give up on this thing altogether it seems that this forum is not for people that want to express their thoughts and Ideas through "Art" unless it meets some requirements...

I agree with you 100%! It is necessary for we as people to pull away from this "Chris" character and embrace Science, Math, Art, and other peoples' options on change.

since no one has commented on the picture above, I will give some back story to it...

This is Red, and Red is in the middle of the "Trip" of a life time...

This section of the Story is filled with internal monologue... where Red find's his other multi-dimension self trapped within the mirror in his own bath room...

They then have a conversation on if it would be a homosexual act if they... as well as Red questions his Metaphysical Self when compare to his Multi-dimension self...

Thanks again to Crtical and thanks to those whom are converting or denouncing on my behalf :)

Crtical
04-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Countries having classified information is COMPLETELY different than the Vatican intentionally hiding religious texts, as it is:

A.) In a lot of cases: Something they have no right to claim ownership to, and thus should release
B.) Extremely idiotic to compare the secrets of a nation that help keep it safe and prevent its enemies from obtaining information to harm them, whereas the Vatican though technically a nation, is a religious organization that maintains a viewpoint that is fatally flawed.

You seem to get the impression that I am speaking out against the catholic church. I am, but not exclusively. All religions, no matter what they are, are fundamentally flawed in that they are a manipulative tool used to control the idiot masses, and to keep those who wish to have power, to remain in power but being unable to prove them wrong (an idea so vague that it can be defended with the phrase "you need to have faith" is impossible to prove wrong to somebody brainwashed with that crap). Southern Baptists with their fire and brimstone scare feeble minded individuals into believe, Islamo-fascists scare their people into submission in an entirely different way and perpetrate heinous crimes more at home in the 12th century.

In short, religions stunts the growth of society.

Crtical
04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Josh,

Your art continues to impress, it is very clean, and very smooth, and I enjoy your cartoony style. As with all art, is is the message that goes with it that is most important, which it seems most of the people on this forum fail to see.

Caesar
04-06-2011, 07:57 AM
You must have got a I.Q. test Doctor Crtical and feel so confident to get good news that You think to be able to classify what are idiotic arguments and people! What is now Vatican used to be a State with territoy and organisation all over many centuries and still is formally, with ambassadors and so on. So get informed first, otherwise You may get some ignorance to leak out. Second try to find the pencil and get at least 100 ... on the test I mean ... ;)

Josh which are the text which are hidden by the Vatican exactly? Do You know what You're talking of or not because they're secret? Some time ago it looked like it the Qumram rolls were hidden by Vatican (but they're in Israel and people from various biblic religions including atheistic exegesis scientists with no faith have them fully available). Or You mean the famous and well known since centuries apocrypha? They're all available and they are more recent than the canonical four Gospels which all christians decided to retain (thus excluding apocrypha) when they were all together in Nicea Council 324 a. C.

... and Marx said "the religions are the opium of people", so we've got another doubt by generic statements, should we prefer communism, after what Marx said or, indo far they're not addictive, we should rather be believers?
Does someone have an idea whence that bizarre idea od individual human rights come from?

I just hope that who likes to pose issues and generate doubts have the same capability to accept issues and doubts and try to go beyond dis-information up to facts, and not just talk of "secrets", "baby boom", "hippie generation", "the '68" and so on, especially now that the world is by far more multi-lateral.

Anyway, going back to Your painting, my opinion about the painting wasn't negative at all. I wouldn't anyway erase Velasquez or Rembrandt because they may look a little aged just like we cannot put Michael Jackson aside to Johan Sebastian Bach ... and .... this thread became a really successful and attended one at last! :D

Alexander Der Große
04-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Josh,

I have just been playing with stumble upon, and I am really impressed. The art form is unique, and honestly, a backstory is warranted, especially if art is to be interpreted as specifically as yours is. Unnatural neuro-synapses connecting and prompting the questions of one's self? Absolutely brilliant. As a native Bavarian and member of the Nurnberg Neo Nazis (NNN), I am also impressed with your concept of religion; too many times are we roped in by the morals of a book other than Mein Kampf. A man should be steadfast in his beliefs because of his self-educated understanding of the world as it is, not what he is forced to conform to. The basis of morals on the words of Jason Chris? A man who lived, died, and rose from the dead 2000 years ago? That story is almost as unique as your art, which is why I appreciate your objective standpoint on religion as well. And I mean really, if anybody has secrets, it's the Jews. The vatican has secret files, but only of where they moved all the child molesting priests to. Hopefully it was around Synagogues, or at least I can only hope. Josh, I have a request of you, based on what I have seen here. I have a recurring dream in which I see a naked mole rat floating in the ocean, wrapped in its own intestines; can it be drawn?

AndyRage
04-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Can we please keep the conversation at a respectful tone?

Josh163rd
04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Mr. Rage,

Can I call you Andy... Andy overall I have been only explaining the basis of my characters in development for a series of stories I have wrote to Educate Children on proper choices in life... by only giving facts about each topic and allowing the youth to decide what they want rather then what is told to them...

This input from the viewers is much help to me in research in to how I will have to deal with conservative views, as well as it allows me to have another piece of "Art", which is the Forum pages themselves...

Andy (and) I thinking I speak for everyone here... If they did not enjoy the conversation they would not comment on it...

Now, for Alexander Yes I can draw the "reacquiring dream" Picture... The "mole rat floating in the ocean, wrapped in its own intestines" would be very easy to draw in the same style, thanks for the comment and I think your picture request will be my next project...

MattRage
04-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry folks, while we haven't received any complaints about the original art, we have received a number of complaints about the direction and tone the discussion was taking so we've closed the thread.