PDA

View Full Version : Horse - with no name

gxhpainter2
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
a whimiscal piece, just relaxing with AR. done with basic tools and three layers. hope you all enjoy my "Horse" with no name. :D

swede
04-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I enjoyed the 'horse'... (was he always a horse... or is that just how he evolved?)

You may have just been playing, but this looks great to me. 'A right good un' as they say down here in the west country...

semd74
04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Seems like I remember a song with the same title...nice painting

MSIE
04-03-2011, 11:31 AM
this looks awesome! :)

Lee
04-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Dear Gxh, like it!!! something about it looks Picaso, not that i'm a scholar, but bet he would love it, fun and well done, especilly the hot dogs on the grill;)!:)

Picasso, thank you!:o

Caesar
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
A fantastic merge again. Picasso and Matisse on the same canvas! You're a real master!

P. D. Dinkles
04-04-2011, 06:30 AM
I enjoy your very modern art. In a way it reminds me of Picasso's Guernica, though with a more pleasant subject, and the cubism style. I like the description of your relaxed free flow painting. You are painting for the right reason, pure enjoyment.

byroncallas
07-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I have a particular fondness for this. It's so "itself", a charmed expression of your willingness to put the out-of-the-box thing out there with such abstract-expressionist grace and inspired humor. I laugh WITH this when I look at it - that horse seems a bit of a kindred spirit, and fitting to be nameless. He'd just be so different if his name was Wilbur. Nameless, he is everything and can be anything, both boundless and defined, taking you for a ride wherever you want to go. I like him a lot. :):):)

gxhpainter2
07-14-2011, 01:49 AM
byron - there is something about this that brings a smile to me also... I was surprised this morning to see it circle back up... thanks for your gracious comments.

kenmo
07-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Love your image & style....:):):)

Peter Pinckney
07-14-2011, 04:47 AM
Seems like I remember a song with the same title...nice painting

Composer Dewey Bunnel (I think) Group "America":..................."I've been through the desert on a horse with no name"

Perfect!!!

:):):):):):):):):):)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

gxhpainter2
07-14-2011, 04:52 AM
peter... right on... that is the song I was thinking of when I did this. and the name is from that..:cool::cool::cool:....

L Skylar Brown
07-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Awesome, and..."It felt good to get out of the rain"
BTW - I was the artist on their last hit "Magic" I painted the Sky Bkg & other bits for their video.

Rowena
07-15-2011, 04:32 AM
I like it :D

justjean
07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Gary, I LOVE this :D

Alexandra
07-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Uh oh, I am re-editing- I didn't see the other posts by Peter and the rest of our mates-had the same thought!:o

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la ...
Gary, you have a natural talent for this style. Your titles are well thought, and your paintings are always pleasant to me. I am a big fan.:)

Juz
07-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Awesome.
I love your abstract style gfx... i'm reminded of Deborah Halperns sculpture (artist working in Melbourne)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angel_by_Deborah_Halpern_01a.jpg :)