PDA

View Full Version : April Showers or A Dreary Day

Lee
04-01-2011, 10:39 AM
,, it is a VERY dreary day, good for spring cleaning or ArtRaging, um, tomorrow is another day:o,,,,but there are new buds on the trees and fresh patches of grass and little wild flowers,,,, two versions of the same thing, have a nice day!!!:)

ps, have just discovered 'Adjust Layer Colors' under 'Edit',,,:o:o:o:rolleyes::)

Evart
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Very good comparison painting. :)

Lee
04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Dear Evart, Thank You very much!!! was fun to do!!!:)

Bobbyray
04-01-2011, 02:16 PM
lee
Looks like the spring cleaning had to wait fr the spring creating, hehe:eek:

Nice art work!

Caesar
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Dear Lee, You seem to have created a mould You may paint with many rutilant colors and palettes for printing any season colors. Really beautiful outcomes from that model of stylized tree.
A fantastic creation and an interesting discovery. I tend to forget the blur and adjust color feature which are however very useful under certain circumstances to trim a work that doesn't seem convincing graphically or chromatically.

Lee
04-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Dear Caesar and Bobbyray, Thank You both very much, just can't seem to get into spring cleaning but spring pictures? much easier:o, the gray painting was an accident, was working on the middle painting and was looking for a dreary color on another layer and it the gray got dumped onto the colorful one and that was the outcome, i make a lot of stencils for something like this,, thanks again, have a nice day!!!:)

mannafig
04-02-2011, 05:22 AM
I like these Lee they are great:):)

Lee
04-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Dear Mannafig, Thank You very much, Appreciate your comments!!!:)

D Akey
04-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Lee,

Looks great, like you've been looking at art for different ideas. I'm impressed. The graphic quality is very pleasing. It's sort of Grandma Moses with art classes under her belt. There's a whole movement who have stylized folk art and taken it to a fine art form. This is soft and inviting.

The tree has a primitive feel (by primitive I mean designed using a basic shape), but it's cool cause so do the flowers. The reuse of the shape is very nicely handled and you took the opportunity to introduce colors there. And of course the rainbow border holds it all together and gives an optimistic tone to the rainy day. You're using graphics pretty nicely, Lee. Lovely art work!

By the way, the gray one on the left reminds me of the captured Han Solo by Jabba the Hut.

Jasminek
04-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Very good coloring and composition. It is nice to have both paintings to compare too, that makes good impact on the color introduction.:)

pat1940
04-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Very nice Lee, like the transition, hey have to check that out (adjust color layer););):)

P. D. Dinkles
04-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Everyone else has provided their admiration, which I favor. It reminds me of a triptych. Still in use, but most related to early 13th century paintings of saints that were carried folded from cathedral to cathedral.

MacPix
04-03-2011, 07:15 AM
A fun project for a gray day! Cleaning can wait!:D

Lee
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank You All Dear D, Jasmine, Pat, P.D, and Mac, sure is fun to find a new toy on these rainy spring day!!! umm, spring cleaning will be a little late this year:o:)

ps, really appreciate all your comments!!!xox:)