PDA

View Full Version : Drips and Splashes

pmasterson
03-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Any techniques to achieve paint drips and splashes would be appreciated

byroncallas
03-27-2011, 10:05 AM
People do lots of things.

A lot of people use stencils but I prefer "to make my own".

The water color brush is a good tool for mimicking splotches and spots, etc.. The "just a spot" preset is petty good for this.

The Soft Blender dragged through oil paint, tube paint, etc. at various settings can also be used to mimic runs.

I through this together in about 5 minutes to show some ideas using those two tools. Similar affects can be done with the gloop pen too.

It would be great to have a straight splatter brush and drip tool. I'm sure we will in some upcoming version. Meanwhile, you can get similar effects pretty easily just playing around with the water color brush, gloop pen, and the blender. This is just one really quick example.

Edit: And yes to Peter's post that follows: there are a zillion things you can do with the sticker spay gun to make splotches. You can design your own splatter brush. I created one of the brushes he mentions below that ships with the program. The most fun is to create your own brushes.The variety of options is near endless.

Peter Pinckney
03-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi PMasterson,
it does depend on which version of ArtRage you have......this is from a sticker in StudioPro called splats .................there are others like plastic dots and paint splats in this image as well.........hope this helps you:):)

pmasterson
04-03-2011, 05:08 PM
many thanks