PDA

View Full Version : String Theory Maybe?

byroncallas
03-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Constructed to be seen full screen and from a distance. 100% AR3. :):)

Caesar
03-25-2011, 11:38 PM
This is an holographic abstract indeed, which is a gorgeously simultaneous architectural, musical and painting artpiece! The eye is deceived perfectly and willingly by the incredible visual effects You got in this image. :):):):):):)

Jasminek
03-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I admire you for creating this lovely abstract. The colors and blending of verticals items make it look so balanced, yet it is a beautiful and interesting abstract!:)

Sketchism71
03-26-2011, 12:04 AM
I assume your string theory goes far beyond the theory that string can be useful to help ones shoes stay on their feet and into the much more interesting quantum mechanics of atoms and the Theory of Everything. The part of science I find extremely interesting. I just watched a documentary on quantum mechanics and I was lost in that rabbit hole for a few days.

Since this is titled "String Theory Maybe?" then it changes it from an abstract to a perfectly representational - realism even - impression of a science so complicated that I have a difficult time wrapping my brain around it. A fantastic representational work of art Byron! Well done my friend!:eek::D:cool:

P.S. - After viewing your image and applying what microscopic knowledge I have of string theory to it, I decided to surf the net on quantum mechanics and string theory. I found an image that (not so suprisingly) looked like something that could live inside your painting. So you can take the "Maybe?" part out of the title. This is String Theory! :D

gxhpainter2
03-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Byron a beautiful piece, the colors are fantastic!. I especially like the interplay of the mechanical shapes and rectangles and the "space time" ripples on the surface it really adds a kind of depth. I did look at it full screen on my 24" monitor... certainly one of your best pieces that i have seen.:):):)

barnburner
03-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Wonderful work Byron... This must have taken a lot of time. Great job! :):)

coops
03-26-2011, 03:47 AM
I feel like I am floating in and out of many different theatre stages, I like this one very much Byron:)

Alexandra
03-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Eating candy in the bathtub. What can it all mean? Pls don't answer this Byron. Kidding aside, wonderful abstract, and I love the textures both soft and rough. Excellent!

alkratzer
03-27-2011, 02:45 AM
VERY successful Byron! There's a lot here for the eye to enjoy and the flow from part to part is seamless! Al

D Akey
03-27-2011, 03:12 AM
. . .and seen from the other room on one foot while reciting Einstein, hahaha.

What do you mean from a distance? Hahaha. If you want, I could go to another city. . . (oh right, already am in another city and the view is splendid from here. . .)

Sorry. . . but I love it close up.

I really very much like the wet-into-wet effect. Ads a whole new quality that says 'becoming', or out of the amorphous ethers came shapes. Also has an interactive quality (for the painter especially during the paint process) in which the 'accidental' quality is a participant in the creative process.

Could refer to ideas, or something more. Artistically it's also very satisfying to see the usual hard edge, more or less flatly painted 2D graphic approach taking a new character. I believe the nature of one's technique itself in general says something. And this infers to me a looser, artistic comment -- art vs science. It says "theory". It's more inviting, more receptive to social interaction, more conversational. It invites meandering.

And heck, I just happen to love how you have it working. This is top drawer, Byron. Really a fine piece by any standard. My favorite of yours. And I have enjoyed your work.

Bravo!

Lee
03-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Dear Sir Byron, do agree with Caesar, it is musical, has the flow of endless loss and renewal, neat!!!:)

screenpainter
03-27-2011, 09:00 AM
ah what a beauty. yummy for the eyes. that's the ticket. can already hear the music, but the video with music would also be excellent where we get to explore the realm a bit.

pat1940
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Byron, you are soooo good at this technique, as usual a wonderful painting;);):)

byroncallas
03-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Caesar, Jas, Eddie, GXH, Barn, Katie, Sandy, ALK, Akey, Lee, Albert, Pat - All, thank you for your warm and terrific replies.

@ Ceaser - thanks for truly lyrical interpretation.
@Eddie - what a great picture - great find - you're making me think I'm connected. :);):D And thanks for the great rap - give me smiles. :)
@ Akey - Some insightful stuff there - and you noticed a shift to a 2D methodology, (maybe a move to get out of a rut???); Appreciate where you were taking this. And you're right about close up too - as a matter of fact another way is to bury your face in and try to slip in for a ride inside it. :):):D:D

Thanks again all. Really appreciated.

Weeks
03-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Hi ByronCallas,

A lot of symbols out there ...? ;)

And a great abstraction in the other hand.

Best,

Weeks

byroncallas
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Weeks, thanks a lot. I'm a big admirer of your great thread and appreciate your dropping by to comment. :)