PDA

View Full Version : after noon

AlanEu
03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi All
This is my 3rd attempt. C&C welcome.
Sitll struggling with color blending and painting gradient. any thoughts ?
Thanks for viewing .
cheers
Alan

byroncallas
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Wonderful effort I think. I love your colors and the fluid treatment of the material. If you're asking for input you might consider playing with the composition which, for me, forces my eyes to the center of the painting rather than the beautifully executed left and right panels. The painting is rich with lots of interesting things to explore. Playing with the composition might further help move the viewer's eyes around to find all the goodies. Setting aside that consideration, I really like the painting and how you handle the paint. I'm looking forward to following your posts. :):)

MacPix
03-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I love this, especially the sunlight and shadows. Beautiful rich colors!:)

Caesar
03-24-2011, 09:35 PM
What an evocative urban life painting! Your confidence with colors and brushstrokes is impressive and this style and theme reminds much also that of the great art OrianeLima exhibit here. :):):):):)
You may certainly form a new virtual painting school ... :p

Jasminek
03-25-2011, 12:40 AM
I like this painting. It tells a story and the colors and the way they are painted show the good, sure style. Well done.:)

Alexandra
03-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Love this Alan-wonderfully done!

AlanEu
03-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Wonderful effort I think. I love your colors and the fluid treatment of the material. If you're asking for input you might consider playing with the composition which, for me, forces my eyes to the center of the painting rather than the beautifully executed left and right panels. The painting is rich with lots of interesting things to explore. Playing with the composition might further help move the viewer's eyes around to find all the goodies. Setting aside that consideration, I really like the painting and how you handle the paint. I'm looking forward to following your posts. :):)

thank you for ponting out the compositon problem. I totally agree with you. When i paint this , I have a photo to refer and more concentrate on color blending , stroke techniques etc , as a beginner of using Artrage.

To answer your question , I squzee the paints from the tube on the place roughly where they should to be , then blend with pellete knife. I can not remember the settings for the knife exactly , coz i kept changing it during the process. I will keep track next time. I am more than happy to exchange and learn from you guys

AlanEu
03-26-2011, 01:58 AM
What an evocative urban life painting! Your confidence with colors and brushstrokes is impressive and this style and theme reminds much also that of the great art OrianeLima exhibit here. :):):):):)
You may certainly form a new virtual painting school ... :p

hahahah
Hi Caesar,
I really want to learn from you how to do the protrait , how make the canvas looks like the real canvas in terms of texture, and how to download the tools and use them on mac computer...just too many
I fund artrage is too powerful and way much stuff waits me to explore....it makes me rage

AlanEu
03-26-2011, 01:59 AM
MacPix
Jasminek
Alexandra
Thank you all for the kind encouragement!
Happy Rage!
Alan:p

Caesar
03-26-2011, 02:37 AM
LOL:pI don't know much about Mac, but as for the canvas, I suggest You to use as a bace the essential canvas.
As for portraits and caricatures, I didn't fix any smart procedure as yet for making polished and perfect ones, so I've got more or less the same problems and each one of my attempt has a sensibly different style from the other ones. :p
Anyway thank You for Your kind reply.;)

mannafig
03-26-2011, 03:03 AM
I really like the feel of this painting:):)

coops
03-26-2011, 03:50 AM
A glass of red wine and a seat in the sun, a perfect feeling your painting gives Alan:)