PDA

View Full Version : Homage to Father of the Hacken Kracks.

Fashmir
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
I couldn't resist a quick portrait of one of my idols.

cym
04-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Cool. There are few who have inspired and challenged kids (and adults!) to use their imaginations as well as the good doctor. :wink:

Weeks
04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Fashmir,

ArtRage was done for u..

Bravo...

Weeks

Aged P
04-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Another excellent painting!

This probably wants answering on General Chat.

Who he?

Fashmir
04-24-2006, 04:42 AM
I can answer here. Theodore "Ted" Geisel is better known as Dr. Seuss. The Hacken Kracks come from "Oh the Places You'll Go" a book on life and choices from the unique perspective of the man.

Thanks all for commenting.

Aged P
04-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Thanks Fashmir,

My daughter was taught with flash cards then green eggs and ham!

Then she went to school and hit a new experimental system that destroyed spelling and any feeling for the language..

ENCHANTER
04-24-2006, 07:08 AM
i admire people who can draw black and white drawings/ paintings,to me...in terms of art...its the primitive foundation of everything.......all you need is a pencil/carcol/chalk ..a piece of paper...and your mind............ :)

thanks Fashmir

waheednasir
04-24-2006, 07:23 AM
hi fashmir, good work, i like how u handled this...:).

Harmony
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
You have captured the spark of imagination in his expression.
I can see it in the house. I can do it with the mouse.

Fashmir
04-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Aged P- Thanks. I think I learned more of the important things of life from this man than most of my school teachers combined. His kind of thinking is a much needed ingredient in childrens education IMHO.

ENCHANTER- I enjoy monochromatic studies too. It teaches so much about light and dark without distractions of hue and saturation. A good practice is to take a color work that you have done and remove all the color and see how it fares. If you find it has gotten a little flat and needs some more contrast and gradation from light through mid tones into shadow, you are not alone. I sometimes do this excercise and then actually make levels and contrast adjustments in Photoshop then I take the original color version and use it to pump the color back into the now improved base.

waheednasir- hi back. :) I am glad you like it. Please feel free to offer any thoughts on how to improve it or any image I post. I enjoy hearing your views. Thanks.

Harmony- Thanks for that. Your version of those lines made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

AndyRage
04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Ah, great portrait of a great man.
I was raised on The Sleep Book, and Green eggs and Ham.

DaveRage
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Great portrait. I remember "The Lorax" from primary school. My first environmental lesson! :)

Marvolo
06-03-2006, 06:46 AM
he's funnny and has great books :D

~Marvolo~