PDA

View Full Version : Little River

pat1940
03-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Done in oil and knife, 2 layers

gxhpainter2
03-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Nicely done, is it done from memory or some place near you . Looks like NC....;):)

pat1940
03-24-2011, 07:40 AM
dear painter, Im not sure where I got this ref, but I know it was not here in NC, I am always checking out Italy, Ireland and England for ref, I changed this one so much that it did not look like the ref at all, I put the river in and changed the whole landscape, so maybe in the back of my head I was making it a NC painting:D:Dthanks for checking it out;)

coops
03-24-2011, 08:07 AM
A walk down that path listening to the water would be a delight as is your painting Pat:)

pat1940
03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Thankyou dear Katie;)

barnburner
03-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Reminds me of a beautiful stream at the edge of Blue Valley in Colorado. Excellent job Pat.. Love to spend a month or two camped there. :):)

Jasminek
03-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Delighful place for a stroll dear Pat. Well done indeed.:)

Caesar
03-25-2011, 02:09 AM
This is a lovely view to see, dear Pat and Your strokes and colors become here denser and more vibrant.

I would only point out that a smoother fusion of the various elements may be also tested according to the following guidelines:
1) colors should get weaker (less intense) and toned down (de-saturated) and cooler on the far view.
2) some of the sky color should be found in the shadoms mix and on highlights where the planes reflect the sky and not direct lighting, whilst the lower part of the sky may a faint color contribution by the ground.
3) water tend to reflect, more or less, the sky colors in the lighter areas, the ground, grass and trees closer to the banks (mix more vertical, less details and some possible interruption by water ripples).

pat1940
03-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Barney, thankyou so much for your kind comment:)
Jasmine, thanks for checking it out, peaceful stroll would be nice:)
Caesar, you are right on all 3, I should not have gone by the colors in the photo because they were very dark at the distance....I will definately keep all this in my head in my next scenery painting (which I love to do) and I really appreciate your input as this will help me to get better in the future, I can just see it now, if I could hear your voice, oops there goes Caesar, consentrate and think of what you are doing:D:D:D:D:Dthankyou again Caesar

semd74
03-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Looks like an old fishing hole of mine...I like this painting Pat...colors and composition are great...:-)

byroncallas
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Lovely and alive Pat. Strong colors too. :)