PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic battle

Caesar
03-21-2011, 11:51 PM
At any scale battles may be dwarfed by what surrounds living beings.
Anyway I didn't mean to get too phylosophical, or religious ;):D or make any direct political consideration on what's happening in these days, but just follow a request of D Akey to my previous grasshopper's image.
A quick sketch testing some different tools.
I hope You like it anyway and to this purpose I packed the main scene in a pseudo-artistic background which could hopefully make the whole become an intriguing abstract composition at least ...:D :p

artroland
03-22-2011, 02:31 AM
LOL. I really like this concept. Werll done!

Weeks
03-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Ceasar,

You've got something huge with that concept.
(the Bee time ;)

Please, go further...

Best,

Weeks

barnburner
03-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Outstanding Caesar... :):)

mannafig
03-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Fantastic dear Cesare I really like how you have done this:):)

pat1940
03-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Caesar, I think this should be in National Geographics, great job, still love your humor :D:D:D

AT-TA
03-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Ha, ha, ha,....dynamic and cute in one. I love the idea, palette and who i think will win? Am fan of a bumble bee... so charming and innocent...gorgeous sketch Caesar.:)

coops
03-22-2011, 07:45 AM
That background is great Cesare but not sure who is going to win this battle of nature. :)

gxhpainter2
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Cesar great attention to details in the texture of the bumblebee and the mantis. I love the neutral abstract background. it really lets the two insect forms "pop" out of the background. do you use lots of layers to build up the level of detail?

Alexandra
03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I can't help myself, they are so cute. Great work dear Cesare.

Caesar
03-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Thank You, dear Artroland! Sketching with ArtRage is natural and funny, I find, so any idea can be rapidly fixed in some colorful images.

Thank you, dear Weeks! After any engaging lesson, when I try to copy and learn from a great master painting, I always tend to de-stress through crazy and funny sketching with some kind of weird concept behind.

Thank you, dear Barnburner! I hope Sean and Mariska will soon enjoy spring too which, on the Rocky Mountain, should look spectacular indeed!

Not that bad, dear Amanda, isn't it ,for an imaginary and quick mental image? But hard to remind now how I exactly did it ... :D Sometime I enter into a strokes and chromatic fury and I apply what, at the moment, may be useful to evocate either a texture, a light effect or a move ... Thank You!

I hope they will hire me then, dear Pat. At least my images would look unconventional and not academically stiff in their fully realistic perfection, so that kids may like them! :D:D Thank you!

Thank You, dear Anna! These two six-footed battling guys, in these days, give me the idea of UK and France who would like to lead the International coalition against Ghaddafi not under NATO command, according to a blindly aggressive strategy not listening who really know the situation and or stands in front of Lybia to receive refugees without support. So that probably most other European and foreign countries will leave (Norway already did with this mess) or do by themselves and Italy and its bases just in front will soon be used only under Italian command ...
When will we realize in Europe that divided we're each one now just insects? Moreover in an age when even US cannot cope by muscles with the problems and epocal phenomena occurring and which would require much more intelligence (not meaning secret services only) and to recover image too. :D:D:D Do You think that some national newspaper told about this problem while playing their trumpets?

I really cannot decide, dear Katie, but 'm afraid they'd both eventually die if they go on ... Thank You!

No, dear Gxhpainter, I'm not that disciplined and patient usually! Here I'v just two layers (three including the initial pencil drawing I then duplicated and eventually cancelled). One is for the background (I did it to the end) and one is for the two fighters. Details here are just apparent, since my memory and imagination is not that precise on these insects anatomy without a reference. Thank You!

Dear Sandra, I think I'm reaching the little world You jouyfully painted since ever and many times so as to appropriately celebrate spring without some sort of floreal salad which would make me feel a little sloppy ... :D Thank You!