PDA

View Full Version : Mindful & Misplaced

byroncallas
03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi Gang. Better at full screen. Comments welcomed. :)

screenpainter
03-21-2011, 12:41 AM
kind of a sixties pop art thing goin on here. :) very nice maestro.

Caesar
03-21-2011, 01:18 AM
For some reasons I cannot immediately spot You suddenly took me in the sixties, when a was a kid and to that age fashion for clothes, funiture as well as happiness and great expectations for the major economical boom we had then in Italy after the reconstruction period following the II WW.

byroncallas
03-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Albert, Caesar - I guess I've got some 60's thing happening inside that I didn't know was happening and it just popped out. Thanks for the great feedback guys. :)

semd74
03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Yep, I think I would have to agree...great painting

Alexandra
03-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Your paintings are so inspiring Byron, creative juice machines!

coops
03-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow Byron, a walk down Carnaby Street with all its sixties fashion fabrics. Well done:)

gxhpainter2
03-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Byron - I saw this yesterday and at first i wasn't sure about the maze like portion on the lower right. I thought it grabbed too much from the other parts of the painting but after a day or so to think about it... I like it there... cool abstract.

Lima
03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Byron certainly this painting has a message behind it, I can not discern what it is. I think the title is forcing me to seek this meaning. Maybe it's encoded in the colored tabs. Or maybe that inclined green board is the solution. I do not know. Beautiful and well done Byron.

Sketchism71
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
60's? Maybe 60 BC! I see ancient hieroglyphs attempting to share with us the first bar-coded item in the history of the earth. Perhaps that is what is misplaced. Another mind bending image from you Byron... I like the way the red background illuminates... is that the use of metallic? Very cool effect. Great balance to this as well!:cool::):)

byroncallas
03-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks all.

@gpx :) you might be on to something.
@ Eddie, thanks - I like a lot your interpretation; yes, metallics for that red - agree they have some terrific qualities. :):)
@ Oriane - good point: sometimes the names are distracting and take you on a wild goose chase, though not not always. :rolleyes::DThanks good friend,
@ Katie, Sandra, Semd: thanks a whole bunch.

:):)