PDA

View Full Version : Storm

Sketchism71
03-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I decided to fire up the crayon tool for this one (ol reliable). A little pencil for some texture as well. Thanks for checking it out!:)

mannafig
03-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Beautiful:):)

javier
03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
A good tool for a great artist, great job

barnburner
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow... this just blows me away... I've seen so many scenes just like this, and you have done a magnificent job of capturing them.
Fine work Sketch! :):)

Alexandra
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
WOW! Beautiful Eddie!!!!

byroncallas
03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Hey, you are up to your old tricks of being brilliant and producing work that next week will be moved to Ambient Spotlights. You're magic with that crayon, Eddie. :)

screenpainter
03-15-2011, 04:17 PM
so beautiful. wish I could do that with a crayon. amazing! :eek:

AT-TA
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Sketch this is out of this world.... simply said "Beautiful" ripe for the museum... as you have said about my pics and i am blushing here... i am not able to create such a wonderful work with the humble crayon stick... so...simple, spacy, vast, so homey and moody: i want to run there with the wind and touch that horizon there....:)

Caesar
03-15-2011, 09:13 PM
This is really how crayon should be used and looks as gorgeous as the real one! A most impressive show of capability indeed. The palette and contrasts are bold, but still absolutely realistic!

Weeks
03-16-2011, 04:01 AM
Mmmhmm Sketchism71,

Like this one so much...

Best,

Weeks

Sketchism71
03-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Thank you mannafig!:)

Thanks for the great comment Javier!:)

Thanks barnburner, really glad you like it! I love the look of a dark ominous sky with the sunlit ground effect. Reminds me of those late afternoon thunderstorms in the heat of summer... The sun still able to peak through the clouds just enough to illuminate the ground.:)

Thank you so much Sandra!:)

Thanks Byron! Yes, I noticed how sad the crayon tool looked in the corner of my screen so I thought I better give it some attention! Now if only the other tools would become my friend I would have a very happy family!:)

Dear Albert, the grass is always greener... I feel the same about other peoples art. I think it's an inherent trait in artists. I feel the same way when I see your work. However...Thank you very much!:)

Thank you AT-TA, no need for you to create anything with that humble crayon stick... your work is perfect as it is! Thank you for the great comment!:)

Thank you Caesar! I wish I could get the same benefit from real crayons... If I could, my kids would have to fight me for them! Thank you for the, as always, very appreciated and insightful comment!:)

Sketchism71
03-16-2011, 04:21 AM
Thank you weeks!:)

Fashmir
03-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Lovely color and light.

alkratzer
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
This is absolutely my favorite of what you have posted Eddie. The paint handling is top notch, but even more stunning is the DRAMA that you have captured. This lifts the image from being a stormy landscape to being a psychological metaphor! Great stuff! Al

coops
03-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Very atmospheric picture Sketch and I love the lighting:)

Lima
03-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Eddie, we realize the sensitivity of the artist in your paintings. This is another great work of art. Brilliant. Congratulations.

silvy
03-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Wonderful work, great atmosphere:)

MacPix
03-17-2011, 08:54 PM
The lighting and the mood--just love it!:D

jibes
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM
A very bleak scene! Very well done!

D Akey
03-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Absolutely rich. Great color, dynamic point of view. I love the composition on lots of levels, Sketch. You look rather Finnish for a Sketch.

You start doing these in oils and I would bet they would sell, if you haven't already gone there. I recall several such paintings in galleries over the years, and the gallery guy said they sold very well indeed. Kind of an American Gothic essence with a more modern feel.

Sketchism71
03-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Thanks for stopping by and for the comment Fashmir! Always great to hear from you!:)

Thank you Al! What a fantastic inspiring comment! Thank you, thank you!:)

Thank you Katie for the great comment!:)

Thank you Lima! I am happy when an emotion or a feeling can be conveyed in my work!:)

Thank you very much Silvy!:)

MacPix, thank you for the great comment!:)

Thanks for checking it out Jibes!:)

Thank you Mr D Akey! Your words always sing a song my ears like to hear! Selling artwork is artwork within the artwork... I won't quit my day job but your words made my day! Thank you!

Jim Walsh
03-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Beatiful and vibrant. really nice.