PDA

View Full Version : Spring Time

Caesar
03-15-2011, 05:11 AM
I had again some little, quick fun, ... with words too. I'm not an enthomologist and this is how best my mind may recall a grasshopper.:o
Maybe I should try a different tool than watercolor and have some little character riding it, since its chest is much like a saddle.:p
Next time I'd better use the pen rather than the mouse though.

pat1940
03-15-2011, 05:38 AM
Dear Caesar, very well done, using a mouse for you seems no problem, it is done so good;);):)

Caesar
03-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Thank You, dear Pat! The problem was to keep the mouse from eating the grasshopper before it could spring away ...... :D:D:D:D

byroncallas
03-15-2011, 05:49 AM
I like. Seems like one of those out of the naturalist history books. You're good dear Caesar.

Alexandra
03-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Yes indeed, and with a mouse!

Suha
03-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Precise details.:)Beautiful paint

D Akey
03-15-2011, 07:00 AM
A plague of locust or just a spy from a children's book? Awesome, Caesar. I was going to make a joke about spring, but you beat me to it hahaha. When I was a little kid they were around my house. And I remember picking them up and looking at them. Marvels. I may have scared them something fierce, because we would comment on how they would spit "tobacco juice" on our fingers. Remember I was only about 3 yo.

I must have scared the beejezus out of them. Oh yeah, they're all tough when there are millions of them creating a blight upon the land, but get them one on one, up against a 3 year old boy, and they cave.

I also recall that even occasionally one would try biting, but it was like a little pinch only. . . thank goodness. Hahah. I thought they were cool.

If you want to do any more from my childhood, there's also the praying manits and the bumble bee. All graphically most interesting, like this chap you just rendered. Very nice!

Sketchism71
03-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Excellent illustration Caesar! I have no idea how you work with a mouse (that makes it all the more impressive!!!:eek:

AT-TA
03-15-2011, 07:27 AM
He is looking for a mate Caesar. He won't have the problem to find one... because he is such a charmer... look in those eyes...;)Good springy theme.

mannafig
03-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Fabulous dear Cesare.:):)
Perhaps a little fairy or a friendly troll.(As the grasshopper looks quite cute:D

javier
03-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Authentic, this is great, not to be entomologist, you remember very well these little critters, great work to be done with the mouse, you have a great skill, my congratulations;):):):)

Caesar
03-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Dear Byron, a quasi-impressionist style for a quasi-naturalist purpose. :p Thank You!

Thank you, dear Sandra! The problem is that when I've got a mental vision and there's not much time, I don't even the patience to take and plug the tablet ...:)

Dear D Akey, I couldn't imagine this little visual-verbal joke would have raised such an interesting comment and request from You. Thank You!
When I was a kid I was after any insect or aracnides as well, studying and experimenting (not always in a buddhist or animalist attitude though). I was a big expert on ants in particular. :p

Dear Sketch, whenever You wish to fix a mental idea and impression, mouse is not that bad. It also has some advantage with straight lines whithin Your wrist move range. Morever, You know, many real painters use bigger than necessary brush sizes for sketches aimed at studying tonal composition and shapes and/ or color interactions etc. or even for the starting base to then proceed with a detailed work. This way they don't get distracted by small parts and may concentrate on the big picture. Thank You!

The portrayed artropodes appreciated Your complimenents, dear Anna, and felt so romantic after your comment that he's spreading pheromones all over and he's got a cloud of locustines all around him! :D:D:D
Plenty of insect eggs all over .... :p:p:p Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda! ore or less that could be the idea for a new and better defined version, some sort of little being, goblin, fairy, sprite on its back etc.

Muchas gracias, querido Javier! It may be a starting idea for some sort of fantasy illustration.

waheednasir
03-16-2011, 12:14 AM
hey, this is good work mate. really like it..:). nice colors.

Caesar
03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Thank You, dear Waheed!

coops
03-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Jeepers creepers hope that is painted at ground level and that people are far far bigger than this chappie. Well done Cesare:)

MacPix
03-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Very fun! This one makes me hoppy!:D

screenpainter
03-18-2011, 12:00 AM
a delightful departing from the norm. your virtuosity is always surprising.
looks like a giant grasshopper. I will wait for the cowboy riding a grasshopper that is raring up on its hind legs with the cowboy flailing one arm in the air. how hard can it be? :)

Mike Martin
03-18-2011, 01:52 AM
You used a MOUSE? Wow! Great work. I've never done anything without a Wacom Tablet . . . :D

jibes
03-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Good job mousing around. Looks like the real deal to me!

Caesar
03-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Don't worry, dear Katie, it's not carnivorous anyhow ...:p Thank you!

Ahahah :D fine pun, dear MacPix! That's a specimen among about 750,000 species that are the real alien invasion on earth since many hundreds of million of years ago. Thank You!

An insect rodeo version, dear Albert! :rolleyes::eek: A quite brilliant idea for the future. :p Thank you!

Thank You, dear Mike! I often use directly the mouse just because I'm often lazy and spend very little time to sketch some ideas. A tablet and pen are better for accuracy and precision, quite evidently for me too.
When I declare I used the mouse, thus paint with less precision, it is because I feel the need to explain wavy shapes and to apologize whenever they are quite evident, hoping that such unaccurate images are not disturbing for some mates.

I'm glad You like it, dear Jibes! The mouse here was possibly positive to give the impression that the subject is not standing still, but istantaneously captured and about to disappear once again. Thank you!