PDA

View Full Version : The Trio

alkratzer
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Greetings to all! It's been a while since I've had time to paint, but here's my latest.

Hope everyone in the forum is doing well -- my time has been crushed and what little creativity I've had has been used on composing music and playing the bass. Hope to get back into the visual world more soon -- and to spend some time admiring what everyone is doing these days.

Best wishes -- Al

AT-TA
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Al, good to see you after a long time.
Love your palette and you are getting better and better using hots against the colds....the whole pic sings it's own song of happines just to be alive.;)

eighty+
03-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Cor I was right Alkratzer when I made u the bass player in the art rage band

Go man go just pluck them string's. Yeah :D:(:D:D:D:D----E/S

screenpainter
03-14-2011, 11:18 PM
nice piece. visual jazz. :)

Jules
03-14-2011, 11:28 PM
A visual treat Al, long time no speakies :cool:

Alexandra
03-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Great to see you Al and your wonderful style.:):):):):):)

Caesar
03-15-2011, 02:35 AM
No rust at all on Your brush anyway, dear Al! You came back as masterfully as ever, even a little more I'd say, looking to how You played with and tamed such wild colors down to their subtle nuances and transitions ...

Sketchism71
03-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Great to see a post from you Al! A fantastic one as well! Your work always has so much movement in it... Well done!

mannafig
03-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Fantastic as always:):)

javier
03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Hello, nice to see his paintings again, great job here

waheednasir
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
very well arranged and good palette used, just according to the theme.
well done..:).

barnburner
03-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Al, I like this a lot.. Fine job. :):)

alkratzer
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks AT-TA! Its good to be back. Warm and cold are kind of the Yin and Yang of painting aren't they?

8T+ -- My first jazz bass instructor told me "A man with taste plays the bass." I'm pretty sure my friends and family would dispute that though...

Thanks GZ for stopping to look and comment!

Thanks Jules -- it has been a while!

Good to see you Sandra -- I hope all is well with your family!

You are too kind Caesar -- thanks for your flattery!

Eddie -- thanks and I dig your latest piece -- I'll comment on it in a moment!

Mannafig -- Your support is very appreciated!

Javier -- thank you kind sir!

Waheed -- thank you so much for your compliment!

Barnburner -- good to see you -- now I have to catch up on all of your story installments that I missed!

I'm also posting a "how it was done" overview as a separate post

netta
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Hello AL, I am a newbie to Artrage Forums. I just wanted you to know I love your work!:)

Lima
03-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Al is always a pleasure to see your work. You're a brilliant guy, you know how to position, with sensitivity, these strong and beautiful colors. Brilliant.

silvy
03-17-2011, 07:45 AM
:) Great work! Feel music sound from the colors. I love it

pat1940
03-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Hi Al, wow what magnificent colors, so vibrant, great work;):);)

D Akey
03-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Doesn't look like you've lost your visual touch, my friend. My time has been constricted as well. Lots going on that has kept me from a lot of things I love. Fortunately, it shows me where my priorities lie. My energy has been in physical labor type things which has my body very happy after all those years of sitting in my mind.

Your use of color is as always very engaging. I don't know how anyone could not be struck by the intensity of it. Almost like opening a concert with a bang and a flash. As if the opening to Thus Spake Zarathustra was played in reverse by someone listening for the devil. . . the one at the jazzier crossroads.

In writing, they say that the opening (sentence) sets up a contract with the reader as to what to expect for the rest of the (book). Well, I think that loud, sense-filling color with musicians is that opening sentence, which states the extended sonic range of the piece, in which you are exuberant about Jazz, plain and simple. It's most emphatic and emotive. Leaves me listening for the sonic reverberations.

jibes
03-18-2011, 08:42 AM
One great painting! One of your best IMO. The composition is tops.

alkratzer
03-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome Netta -- and thanks for taking the time to say so!

Thanks Oriane -- been a while my friend - - I must find all of your posts since I've been gone to see what you have been up to.

Thanks Silvy -- I'm pleased that you like it

Thanks Pat you are so kind

Good to see you D'Akey -- I know only too well how life takes on a -- ah, life of its own. Thanks for you poetic prose and insight -- as always it is very special.

Thanks jibes -- I've been working on creating some more group paintings and experimenting with arrangements I hope to post them soon