PDA

View Full Version : Monti Sibillini Flowering

drakeblake
12-17-2006, 01:27 PM
First work using ArtRage only... I'm tryng to understand the app. :wink:

D Akey
12-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Beauty! Tuscany again? Looks like California in certain places at certain times of the year. . . and today ain't one of em. heh. Rain storm.

Love the impasto strokes and the indication of the type of flowery plants. Looks like it's viewed from a road cause we see them in their entirety.

Makes me want to travel again.

hanzz
12-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Fantastic painting !

drakeblake
12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Tuscany again? Looks like California in certain places at certain times of the year. . .

Thankz for the kind comment overall...

Well, it's not Tuscany, but very close: Umbria.
It's what you would call a flat "mesa", located between the "Sibillini Mountains", at 1400 meters on sea-level. It's famous for its very exclusive flowering (it comes randomly during a range of months from march to august). They produce there just biological "lentils" ( a DOC procuct, the very best of the world)... The zone is a "must see" for the ones who loves wild nature and for photography-addicted: I am both two 8)
If ever you will travel in Italy at the right moment (flowering) it worth a couple days visit... even because of the good food and wine you can taste To Castelluccio di Norcia, a beautiful place.
DB

AndyRage
12-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh stunning. That's a gorgeous place you've painted. I love the dramatic sky over the plains as well.

drzeller
12-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Spectacular, Drake! You and Bumble have really cornered the market on skies. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

David

jacktar51
12-18-2006, 04:31 AM
hiya drake.....you sure have got the colouring of the plain grasses and the flowers good,I like the way you have done the distant mountains as well...good picture,well done.... Jack.

Rkngel
12-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Wow!!!
I really feel like I am a world traveller with all you folks painting these wonderful scenes for us :)

Selby
12-18-2006, 09:33 AM
lovely drake blake...the flowers have been captured in such a relaxed yet pretty way

Selby