PDA

View Full Version : For Chuck: Somewhere in Time and Space

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 05:48 AM
A try with outer space painting. This was a blast to make. I duplicated the space layer three times expanding and changing the opacity between each planet. As Chuck suggested the circle masking tool and the knife.
I know I need to keep practicing, and if anyone can suggest more on the planets-I will give it a try. Thanks.

semd74
03-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Fantastic...really good for your first try Sandra...:):):)

AndyCarolan
03-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Great work, really nice effects around the planets!

byroncallas
03-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Hey Sandy, beam me up. :):)

Watch out BobbyRay. :D

Meanwhile, to your input question, there seem to be a about a BILLION ways to paint them - so it seems the sky is the limit. Check out http://www.google.com/images?q=paintings+of+planets&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Jxd1TenYA5H6swPLwd2pCw&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1162&bih=677 for about 171,000 ideas and keep having fun. ;):)

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks Steve, I do want to do more with the planets. Chuck had the colors going around his like vapors- I would like to try this.

Thanks so much Andy! I love this software-how 'bout you?

Oh boy! Thanks Byron for the link. I am going to check it out as soon as I can.

pat1940
03-08-2011, 08:17 AM
very nice, Sandra, isnt if so much fun learning something new in this program:D:D

barnburner
03-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Splendid work Sandy... I'm sure you had a lot of fun with this... Well done. :):)

Chuckart
03-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks Steve, I do want to do more with the planets. Chuck had the colors going around his like vapors- I would like to try this.

Thanks so much Andy! I love this software-how 'bout you?

Oh boy! Thanks Byron for the link. I am going to check it out as soon as I can.

Vapours = Large Airbrush on very low opacity, You can also use Ctrl + B to blur a pixel or two for a softer look

Chuckart
03-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Rings

Create Ellipse using Circle Selection. Fill with whatever takes your fancy.

DO NOT deselect.

Select Tranform and drag (which enlarges the painted area only) Click to complete transformation.

Select cut from edit menu to remove inner portion of painted area and you should have a nice ring.

Transform tool again and rotate to desired angle

Zoom in to around 300% and Erase portion to give the illusion of ring being obscured by planet.

Job done.

Suha
03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Very great :)Really amazing;)

Sketchism71
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
My kids would love this painted as a huge mural in their bedroom... Very cool Sandra!:)

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 12:56 PM
You are right Pat. To me, it is all about enjoying yourself, and sharing the fun of learning something new.;):)

Sure did Mike, thanks dear friend!

I will try this Chuck, and thank you very much. Very cool!:cool: You also gave me some other ideas as far as adding a space ship!:)

This is so kind of you Suha, thanks!

Wouldn't that be a blast Eddie? I am afraid I would have to add a little glow in the dark stars here and there. Thanks so much!

Bobbyray
03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Sandy

OK, now I have more competition? hehe Bring it on.....and from the looks of it some serious competition.....lol :p

Very cool and if you really really want to learn more about space art, look at the NASA images. There is "Realistic" space art, "Fantasy" space art and mixed space art. Any space art is cool. email me if you want in on a big space art creation secret. hehe

PS> in the stencils are some Ar weapons of choice for space art.:eek:

Great artwork! Keep em coming.:eek:

BR:cool:

waheednasir
03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
nice work Alexandra, the colors look really good..:).

Caesar
03-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Dear Sandra, You went orbiting in Chuck's system now and with spectacular results indeed! Very solid, dense, colorful globes are moving on Your galactic billiard table! :D

justjean
03-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Sandy, the distance and space is really felt in your great painting

Alexandra
03-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Haha Bobbyray, I wish!!! I experimented with a mouse pad on zazzle last night-came out really cute. I would love to learn space art. I think it is very popular.

Many thanks Waheed!

Haha Thanks Cesare. I worked on the bottom planet adjusting the opacity and it looks much better. I need to upload the latest version.

AT-TA
03-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Loooks gorgeous Sandy!

sunflowermmhg
03-09-2011, 05:56 AM
I would love this as a mural in MY bedroom. I love space and the whispy colorful gases. This is beautiful, love the colors.

Alexandra
03-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Sincere thanks Jean, AT, and Sunflower, much appreciated!