PDA

View Full Version : My first ArtRage sketch

sunflowermmhg
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I have been admiring all of your artwork for a few mo. now. I purchased ArtRage about a month ago and cannot say how much I just love it. My eyes glaze over when I have tried to learn Photoshop so this was another concern before buying, but it is so user friendly. My husband is a Photoshop wiz and doesn't understand ArtRage and I am the opposite, I get ArtRage and am lost with photoshop. I think you have to have some knowledge of what the mediums do to understand. I have always loved to draw and paint since I can remember and have recently started a business selling my artwork. Before I purchased the program I never imagined I could paint or draw on the comp. actually thought it may be impossible for me, did not seem natural, but to my suprise I can do it and I have a blast. I love the stencils and have been making my own like crazy. Anyway I love sketching and here is my first attemp at sketching on ArtRage. I plan on painting it with watercolor and having the sketching show through, but love the look of pencil alone. So here it is...

Colwax
03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi sunflowermmhg,

That looks terrific, Well done!! :)

regards Colin

L Skylar Brown
03-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Fantastic!!! Congrats! I think AR is the most "Friendly" of all the programs.

MacPix
03-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh yes! You definitely "get it!" Superb drawing!:D

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Wow, excellent drawing and use of the pencil! Welcome!

Djenn
03-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Wow ! Nice. I started a year ago with a portrait of Bruce Springsteen.

But this is a lot cooler. Love it! :)
Keep drawing!

coops
03-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Looks like you are having fun with Artrage Sunflower and giving us enjoyment too. This is a great sketch and looking forward to seeing lots more:)

sunflowermmhg
03-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments and the welcome. Yes I am having a blast with this program, the possibilities are endless.

AndyCarolan
03-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Great work with your Owl! Artrage really is a nice program to use isnt it :)

bopaweena
03-08-2011, 07:48 AM
This is really cute! Keep up the good work :)

and yes, I definitely agree on your comment on ArtRage being more user-user friendly than Adobe softwares. I'm saying this even from a perspective of designer who use them everyday..there's always a learning curve to those complex applications (but you do get good results from them)

ArtRage is a totally different animal (artrage as an animal? what can that it? kitty? haahha) Anyone who comes from using traditional tools and know how each medium work will sure appreciate ArtRage more.

Photoshop sometimes give a photoshoppy look, but ArtRage gives a very-close-to-the-real-thing look :)

Lima
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Beautiful.

Bobbi
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I think you express the sentiments of a lot of us in regards to Art
Rage and the exciting sense of creativity that it brings out. Glad you are joining us!! Welcome.

Looking forward to what you do with this work.

Caesar
03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
A really wonderful opera prima! Welcome and looking forward for Your next ones, certainly most promising artpieces considering your inception.

sunflowermmhg
03-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Here is my little owl friend finished in watercolor, thank you again for all the nice comments. Not sure why you have to click the link, maybe something to do with layers?? There are about 5. Hopefully you can see it.

AT-TA
03-09-2011, 02:14 PM
And she is the beauaty all over...love the colors you used sunflower...and welcome to AR.

Sketchism71
03-09-2011, 02:35 PM
This is fantastic! He reminds me of the Tootsie Roll owl! Even though my user name is Sketchism, sketching is one thing I have not been able to comfortably convert digitally. I still enjoy doing it on paper but digital has been all paint. You make it look easy with this fantastic drawing. Well done!

Edit - I just noticed the colored version...Fantastic!