PDA

View Full Version : Flowery

waheednasir
03-05-2011, 08:39 PM
greetings to all..:), "Flowery", inspiration for this painting came from few concepts that i painted earlier for a project at work, i browsed thru few references at that time and for this but kept my own composition, colors, mood and the time of the day. i went for a night scene, vivid palette and kind of theatrical lighting.
artrage, painter, wacom tablet. majorly artrage, with a very little use of painter.
hope u find this interesting..:).

thanks and good day.

semd74
03-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Fantastic painting...love it

MSIE
03-05-2011, 11:33 PM
ohh I want to go inside and buy some flowers! :)
this is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Lima
03-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Wonderful. Congratulations.

Alexandra
03-06-2011, 05:34 AM
A jaw dropping beautiful painting Waheed. Stunning, oh my gosh, love it!!!!!

byroncallas
03-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Waheed - as usual you come up with something that inspires. Outstanding. How on earth can you be so consistently brilliant. :)

Muir Dragonne
03-06-2011, 07:11 AM
That is beautiful! :)

coops
03-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Another masterpiece Waheed. So many colours and so much to look at. I love it:)

D Akey
03-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I am going to flatter myself, but you paint light like I do, with the same sensibilities -- like a banquet.

This shimmers. Very nice work, Waheed, if I say so myself, hahahah. I mean it hits me where I live. I'm just appreciating the painting. Well done, my friend.

I am not familiar with the customs in Pakistan, but what is your celebration of lights? Diwali? Not sure if that's yours or not.

I have such fond memories of Christmas trees all lit up in my living room, I always loved being able to transfer that feeling when I could into paintings. And for me it was always about the tree lights and ornaments. The presents under the tree were the big pay off to the whole holiday, but that moment of the gifting came and went. But the tree endured in it's magical quality where light and color defeated darkness. . . When a lad I didn't think quite in those terms, but color and light won me every time.

And I consider such paintings a gift. . . like this one, because of how it makes me feel. Thank you so much, my dear fellow.

Jules
03-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Your art is unique!! Fabuluso!!:cool:

Suha
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Wonderful work ;)

ARTGEEK
03-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Amazing as always!!! Brilliant work!

AT-TA
03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Waheed, you know how to make the picture alive... very pretty :).

Sketchism71
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Beautiful light, and design Waheed! I would love to spend a vacation in the worlds you create! Beautiful!

MacPix
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
You never cease to amaze and please my eyes with your unique work!:D

waheednasir
03-07-2011, 08:19 PM
many many thanks for the lovely comments my friends, semd74, MSIE, Lima, Alexandra, byroncallas, Muir Dragonne, coops, D Akey, Jules, Suha, ARTGEEK, AT-TA, Sketchism71 and MacPix..:).

D Akey, love the way you see and the writing..:).
Diwali is not our thing. its an indian festival, but some people here must be celebrating that here too, along with people from hindu religion who live in pakistan.
we do ours on our independence day on the 14th of aug and on our religious fesivals on eids, esp a night before and on couple of other occasions. but once can experience it more on the 14th of aug. apart from that, even on the christmas time there are light decorations to enjoy and u are right, the christmas tree is a real joy to look at. very lively.
thanks very much to share your thoughts and memories my friend and its always a pleasure for me to share such paintings here..:).

good day everyone.

Caesar
03-08-2011, 12:35 AM
You're so outstanding and this work again so excellent that I really wonder how You proceed, which tools/ settings etc. not to hope to do anything so beyond my capabilities, but to be even more conscious and impressed of Your awful value ....
Marvellous!

waheednasir
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
dear Caesar, thanks a lot..:). you show impressive capabilities in your work mate, i really enjoy viewing the work u post here..:).
as for my work, i keep certain things in my mind throughout the process and those elements for me are far more important than any tool. i go after them with any kind of tool and there is no set formula that i have, only my objectives that i work for. and those are:
. focus/center of interest.
. mood/atmosphere.
.contrast.
.right tone/value and color scheme.
.time of the day and light according to that.
.textures and material of the surface i work on.
.depth.

i guess all this makes a picture work, if it does. i try to grab all these and never call it finished until and unless my heart approves it..:).

thanks again Caesar and all the other friends for dropping by. good day.

Natalie Orfahlie
03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Panel truly fantastic :)