PDA

View Full Version : Stylized Tree - Custom Stickers Fun

Caesar
03-01-2011, 03:56 AM
While I'm thinking about use of textures to defines customer canvas, I'm also revieving what I can get from textures provided by some old custom sticker I saved.
Interesting for colourful decorations and kids' stories illustration I think ...
With appropriate use of eraser, blending knife and some other tricks tasty textures may be provided either by stickers or by custom canvas use.
Have a look.

byroncallas
03-01-2011, 04:01 AM
I love it Caesar. Fun exercise. It has a certain surreal quality that gives it unusual character. It's real, but it isn't, its own thing. I can see you developing a complex painting with lots of elements in this "style". You're always so wonderfully experimental. This one gives me a particular buzz. I like. :):):)

Alexandra
03-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Wonderful art dear Cesare! I love the texture and effects.

mannafig
03-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Fantastic tree dear Cesare very nicely done:):)

Caesar
03-01-2011, 09:50 PM
The interesting issue here, dear Byron, and You're among the ones certainly appreciating it, is to insert muting textures in shapes, althoug this is far from being a perfect example or a self-standing artpiece.
Good for many genre, but quite interesting for weirdly merging fantasy or abstract composition with a reality which appears somehow sensible and tangible. Thank You!

Dear Sandra, I think that similar texturized shapes would look outstanding and get appreciated in some of Your gorgeous fantasy paintings. Thank You!

It was just a non-refined example, dear Amanda, but using textures to have color and light vibrations may add to paintings under quite a number of circumstances and compositions. Thank You!

barnburner
03-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Fine idea Caesar... Lots of possibilities. :)

Caesar
03-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Thank You, dear Barn! This approach would at least help anyone to introduce some tasty brushwork quickly and without the need to have a huge manual expertise and practice with brushes or other tools while keeping a substantially handmade look. Nonetheless it wouldn't be cheating since You should anyway have an artistic sensitivity and know painting basics and rules to most effectively and credibly make recourse to this sort of "walkthrough". Skills I actually didn't show that much in this example ... :p

pat1940
03-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Very creative experiment Caesar, your mind is always busy, so artistic;););):):):)

coops
03-02-2011, 05:50 AM
I like the texture of the grass Cesare, nicely done:)

Sketchism71
03-02-2011, 05:55 AM
I like the texture of the grass Cesare, nicely done:)

I agree... Very cool design Caesar! I need to start messing with those stickers... Put that on my very long list of things to learn in AR!:)

Caesar
03-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Thank You, dear Katie and Sketch! I look forward to attract and addict You too to messing with custom stickers for brushwork effects ....:p:p

Nika
03-02-2011, 08:53 AM
I like it. Interesting design:):):)

semd74
03-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Wonderful texturizing Caesar...Thankyou for sharing

Caesar
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Thank You, dear Nika! It could have done better, but it was just an experiment. Beyond the grass, I found fun and tasty also the foliage holes reminding me those of a piece of emmenthal cheese ... :D

Thank You, dear Semd74! I think that use of some low opacity texture from some sticker (either standard or custom) may be interesting and possibly useful to test on for the still life genre paintings You like so much and paint so well.