PDA

View Full Version : Self-Portrait and a Shiny Mushroom

twoheaded
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Needless to say, I loved artrage and have had nothing but heaps of joy and success in painting with artrage.
All it needs now is a watercolor tool. :D
Here are two paintings done with this lovely tool.

OldLink
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
This is great work Twoheaded.
The first one is so real that at first glance, I took it for a picture.
And I like the style of your self portrait.

Levent Suberk
12-17-2006, 03:11 AM
perfect works.

D Akey
12-17-2006, 07:19 AM
The chrome one is cool, looks almost like it was done with one of the KPT filters as featured by ArtRage on one of their pages showing AR's compatability.

Did you just work over a photo or do it some other way? The chrome seems particularly reflective and rich in color.

But my congratulations goes out to the painted portrait. That's mighty fine. I love your no frills paint application and use of color. It looks like a painting I would gladly hang on my wall.

Welcome indeed.

twoheaded
12-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks all for your compliments.
To answer D akey's question, I did the chrome painting with a reference image pinned on the side of work area, another great thing about artrage.
It was originally intended to be a material study but I went ahead and finished it.

More coming soon.

AndyRage
12-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Fantastic stuff, Twoheaded. The chrome on the mushroom thing looks perfect!

Selby
12-18-2006, 10:21 AM
wow good stuff TH..both look great but its the chrome that i keep looking at..it just looks so convincingly real :D

Selby

twoheaded
12-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks andy and selby, here's the original photo ref I used for the shiny mushroom, took a few liberties here and there.

maror
12-19-2006, 01:30 AM
:shock: great works.... i love people which can use different colors in pictures like in your portrait! the make this work so unique and more professional!

best

maror

Monsumata
12-22-2006, 01:52 AM
good work man. love it. nice photoref too. did you take it yourself ?!
you know your colors !

Selby
12-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks andy and selby, here's the original photo ref I used for the shiny mushroom, took a few liberties here and there. yes but thats the best thing..you could take some little liberties but you were so convincing with how you did it ,it didnt show :D

Selby

danbo
12-22-2006, 11:36 AM
nice chrome, as beautifull than my metalic teeth
good control of the light
easy to do in apprearence, but really not
good portrait

sweeneymini
12-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Excellent paintings 8)

Though where is the other head twoheaded? :P