PDA

View Full Version : Summers End

Sketchism71
02-24-2011, 05:36 PM
"I CURSE YOU MONET!" Did I just say that? Anyway, here is a feeble attempt at... well... I'm not sure what this would be considered. I guess it would be considered a realist's attempt at impressionism (and trust me, the two do not tango!). Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for checking it out!:)

HarlequiNQB
02-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Looks amazing - I adore the colour palette you've used. I think you've done a great job at merging the brush style of Impressionism with the shapes and forms of realism, with the palette balanced somewhere in the middle. Great job!

byroncallas
02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Eddie, YOU POSTED !!!:D:)

Well, you know it's really quite a good painting. An easy way out of your dilemma is not try to fit it into any kind of style and just call it a Sketchism, and instantly it has an artistic home. :) The colors are beautiful, the brush work is fascinating, it has a terrific mood, and is visually moving. It's quite a fine painting that is a departure from your more super realism. And I find it a wonderfully pleasant departure. Great job in my book. The style begs for more works in a similar vein. You are on to something good. :):):):)

It's great to see one of your paintings again - for me it's been a long while. Meanwhile, send us a panting of the newly painted house, or a least a picture. :D:D

All best thoughts,
Byron

Caesar
02-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Dear Sketch, maybe the time it took from Your last post is eloquent of the struggle You had with impressionist style. The result, though, don't show the battle and is as stunning as excellent.
Personally I tend to have the same difficulty with that style, but I have the luck not to be excessively impressed by impressionist masters myth, because we had also other forms of synthetic painting styles or color inter-plays masters here in Italy and elsewhere in Europe since Tiziano (Titien) and through the Macchiaioli, so I don't have them as almost unique reference or idols, thus when I try to paint fresh and spontaneous I'm not obliged to strictly emulate one of them and I can be more free. That's my advice for You too ... ;):D

MacPix
02-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Whatever style you wish to call it, this is superb!:D

mannafig
02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
This is absolutely fantastic whatever style you wish to call it I love it:):)

screenpainter
02-24-2011, 11:26 PM
So beautiful. the light, the mood, the colors, the detail, the shimmering water, excellence!!!

Alexandra
02-25-2011, 12:56 AM
It is impossible to me to say which one of your brilliant paintings is my favorite. Each time I view a new one, I am bowled over. Beautiful, always a winner dear Eddie!

barnburner
02-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Magnificent. :)

pat1940
02-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Sketch, I love this painting, the colors are wonderful, I would hang this on my wall, it is beautiful;);):):)

coops
02-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Bravo Sketch, what a wonderful calming painting. I do hope they catch something:)

Sketchism71
02-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Thank you HarlequiNQB! I experimented with the colors in this quite a bit and tried to focus more on color temperature than color accuracy in hopes it would give a warmer atmospheric feel.:)

Thank you Byron! As I have mentioned before, I have been on a bit of an artistic journey lately in an attempt to find some artistic freedom. It has been fun to let go of the rules a bit and let some free form artistic sketchism show through. Perhaps it's just a phase and a brief holiday from the confined and detail orientation of realism but I must admit, this painting makes me happy!:)

Thank you Caesar! I agree completely with your observation and it is dangerous territory to become excessively impressed by mainstream (popular) styles and artists. I hope to emerge from this someday with artwork that defines me... not how close I can emulate others. I try to take bits and pieces, here and there, and learn from them and somehow incorporate them into something meaningful to me - And so the journey begins... as it does in each of us.:)

Thank you MacPix for the wonderful comment!:)

Thank you mannafig - Big Smile!:)

Thank you Albert! With your understanding of artworks, that truly means a lot to me!:)

Thank you Sandra! Your comments always make my day brighter!!!:)

Thank you very much BarnBurner!:)

Thank you Pat! I appreciate your wonderful comment.

Thank you Katie! In my world, the fishermen always catch something!!:)

Jules
02-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Thats no feeble attempt, its lovely!! Loving the purple hue. ;)

silvy
02-25-2011, 07:01 AM
I love it! And because this painting makes you happy, it's a masterpiece whatever style you mix to create it.
It's your original and personal way.:)

byroncallas
02-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Thank you Byron! As I have mentioned before, I have been on a bit of an artistic journey lately in an attempt to find some artistic freedom. It has been fun to let go of the rules a bit and let some free form artistic sketchism show through. Perhaps it's just a phase and a brief holiday from the confined and detail orientation of realism but I must admit, this painting makes me happy!:)

That's GREAT Eddie. Judging by the sincere and enthusiastic responses you can rest assured you've made everyone else happy too. And I love your thoughts responding to Caesar's good observation. Keep at "Sketchism". It suites you well, and lifts everyone up. :):):)

jonwood
02-25-2011, 08:26 AM
love it....saw it on your blog and left a comment ...

Lima
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Without any doubt a Sorolla:eek:. The great Spanish master of light. A beauty Eddie. Bravo, Bravo.

ScottF
02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Such a fine piece packed with a quiet emotion.

Rowena
02-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Great work and a gorgeous palette :D

Sketchism71
02-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Thank you Jules! I love painting with purples!:)

Thank you Silvy! I did have some fun on this one!:)

Thanks again Byron! It shouldn't surprise me yet it always does - How motivating it is to post something on this forum. Comments like these fuel and inspire me. They give reason to my art that sometimes I have trouble finding... Thank you!:)

Thank you John! - and thanks again for visiting my blog (It's been a bit quiet there lately...I need to post more). It's always nice to get a comment from you there!:)

Thank you Lima! Sorolla... A fantastic artist who's mastery in radiant light never ceases to impress me.:)

Thank you Scott for the wonderful comment!:)

Thank you Rowena! It is always wonderful to get a comment from you!:)

Belvrog
02-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Hi Eddie, wow.......I mean....... wow, it's a stunning piece with a fascinating palette and lighting. Wonderful ambience and mood here. Love its focus on reflections and lighting, recognizable yours and a truely wonderful play of colors and lights. So well done. :):):)

eighty+
02-26-2011, 08:09 AM
hi. Sket. After that lot I'm. Stum. :mad::mad::D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Rob in Denver
02-27-2011, 03:54 AM
On my rare drop by's here, it's nice to find one of your new pieces to marvel over.
I limit myself to one compliment per visit, and it goes out to you today.
Nice work!

Sketchism71
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks you Belvrog! Definetly out of my comfort zone on this one. Thanks for the awesome comment!:)

Thanks eighty!:)

Thank you Rob! First of all, great to hear from you, I was just thinking of emailing you to check in. Hope all is well with you. Second of all, I am honored to be the chosen one and hopefully I will have a chance to look at some artwork from you soon. I know you and I'm sure your hard drive is probably packed full of artwork nobody has seen. Thanks again and don't be a stranger!:):)

hanzz
02-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Love the mood and the colorpalette. Great work !!

Nika
03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Excellent piece. Interesting palette :):):)

Sketchism71
03-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Hanzz and Nika... Thank you for stopping by and for the great comments!:)