Hope you like it:):)
I also cropped it to try to show a bit more detail
please view full size.

MacPix
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Fantabulous! The eyes, the hair--love it!:D

Alexandra
02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Beautiful Amanda. I wish I could make the eyes and lips like this! Brava!

Sketchism71
02-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Beautiful image mannafig! Is that a "ZR" reflection in her eyes? Very well done!:D

Caesar
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Here she is finally and, as usual, beyond any optimistic expectation we had looking at the WIP! Bravissima!

mannafig
02-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Thank you so much dear Mac I really appreciate that:):)

Thank you my dearest Sandy:):) I'm sure without a doubt that you will accomplish that.

Sketch Thank you so very much:):)
Actually it was a variation on my signature that I was trying out it is supposed to be AR but I do agree at this size it looks like a Z.:D

Ah you are to kind my dear Cesare Thank you so very much:):)

screenpainter
02-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Amanda wow I agree with everyone you exceeded the best of expectations even from the preview work in progress. It really looks great on the close up version. The hair turned out spectacular!

Jules
02-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Wow this is great, liking the details!

barnburner
02-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Amanda, this is just superb... May be your best work yet... Beautiful! :):)

pat1940
02-25-2011, 02:25 AM
Amanda, this is such a wonderful portrait, beautiful, so perfectly done;);):):)

coops
02-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Amanda, your portraits have come on in leaps and bounds. This one is fantastic and ohhhhh those eyes wow what a great job you have done on them:)

D Akey
02-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Looks awesome with a small exception. The highlights under her nose are too strong in that it makes that look wet and like her nose is running. I would lover the contrast there and it should be great. And that effort you put into that part could be put into working up the nose in volume. Just a shift in placing those parts that impact the picture more, like the primary features. On the other hand, the eyes are awesome and received their due attention.

I'm thinking about the bit under the nose and I suspect it may have looked somewhat like that in the photo. Reference photos are deceptive sometimes in that we never question them when it's a photo, cause a photo is a photo and it is what it looked like (or that's how the mind deals with it). But when it is in a painting it receives more scrutiny when something looks too eye catching or whatever.

This is great. I would only suspect that you have not done faces that much based on the comments of others cheering your progress.

Brava! :):):)

byroncallas
02-25-2011, 04:38 AM
I'll just echo all the fine and well deserved praise. D'Akey's observations seem good ones if you're looking for tweaks. GREAT JOB. :)

silvy
02-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Wonderful portrait Manna:):):):)

jonwood
02-25-2011, 08:25 AM
great portrait....love the hair detail......if it's not a secret what tool did you use????:D

mannafig
02-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Thank you so very much GZ:o:):)

Thank very much Jules:):)

Flatterer Thank you dear Barn;):):)

Thank you so very much dearest Pat:):)

Katie thank you so much it has been a real delight sharing my progress with you all on here:):)

My dear D Akey Thank you so much for the comment and the critique I think I have fixed it now.:):)
As for painting portraits I have only really done colour portraits since I got Art Rage in June 2009 otherwise it was usually pencil but because I made a lot of mistakes and the constant erasing I got stressed out and stopped doing them. I then stayed doing animals.:o:)

Thank you dearest Byron:):)

Thank you dear Silvy:):)

Thank you dear Jon:):)
It is no secret I just used the pencil tool and done one strand at a time. I then use the palette knife and blend it a little and to finish off I use the airbrush with about 50% opacity and add it some highlights and shadows
Hope this helps;)

jonwood
03-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks for that,I will give your method a try.I always struggle with hair..( not having much myself:))

byroncallas
03-01-2011, 03:56 AM
One strand at a time. :eek: You certainly pull it of well here. Great job, and thanks for sharing your approach. :):)

mannafig
03-01-2011, 07:46 AM
You are most welcome Jon. LOL I look forward to seeing what you do.:):)

I'm afraid so it just about drives me crazy but I like the result I get from it.:D
You are most welcome anytime. It really feels great when I am able to help others as I have learned so much since I joined this forum. It is great to give a little back.:)

Nika
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Beautiful portrait. The eyes and hair are superb :):):)

mannafig
03-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Thank you so very much Nika I really appreciate it:):)

kev2grey
03-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Good portrait, great job on the hair:)

mannafig
03-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Thank you Kev I really appreciate that:):)

AT-TA
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Beautiful Amanda. She might be an angel too, such a perfect beauty is not often seen that quickly. :)

Caesar
03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
A quite evident improvement along D Akey suggested line. There also to consider the shading effect is some area, even the faintest and with a pretty diffused lights. To this purpose protuberances, boundaries and curvatures do have effects on them.
You managed to improve what was a already an impressive portrait.

mannafig
03-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Thank you very much dear AT you are very kind:):)

Thank you dear Cesare. I am truly flattered:):)

waheednasir
03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
good work mannafig..:).