PDA

View Full Version : Horse chasing dog....

Arjen Vriezekolk
02-24-2011, 05:36 AM
I'm working on a children's book about a knight who fails to do anything knightlike...The harder he tries, the more he fails.....Even his horse used to be a dog.. (it's a fairytale after all....)

This is the second digital drawing in Artrage......

Hope to get some feedback from you felow Artrage users...

Regards,

Arjen vriezekolk

www.vriezekolk.nl

coops
02-24-2011, 05:38 AM
That is such a great picture Arjen Vriezekolk and looks like its going to be a fantastic story. Poor Knight but guess they arent all the same lol:)

Arjen Vriezekolk
02-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the nice comments Coop!!

Also found the first of the knight drawings.......

yours

Arjen vriezekolk

eighty+
02-24-2011, 08:04 AM
hi looks great the kids will love it congrats

Bobbi
02-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I would love to see this book when you have completed it. Great stuff!

Caesar
02-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Welcome! Even not being a kid I love Your wonderful illustrations!
Your style is much in line with some French and Belgian comics types in my opinion. Aesthetically much better than usual japanese manga for me then ....;):)

mannafig
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
WOW this is great really fun:):)

MacPix
02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Wonderful! You are truly an accomplished illustrator! These are so much fun and I'm looking forward to seeing more!:D

Alexandra
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Great skill and delightful illustrations, welcome Arjen!

Sketchism71
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Wonderful work Arjen! Welcome to Artrage!

HarlequiNQB
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Amazing :)

I keep wanting to write a children's book, but I don't feel I'm up to the task of illustrating one yet (not a child friendly style). You on the other hand have got a great style that I think kids could totally fall for. Wonderful stuff.

I do have to nit-pick though, the leaves in the top left of the first image don't really match the rest of the image to my eye and for some reason dragged my attention away from the rest. It's a small thing, but I thought I should mention it.

screenpainter
02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Delightful! Great colors and drawing skills. Great style you have as well. Lots of details to look at... fun.

Jules
02-25-2011, 12:05 AM
These are pretty amazing :D

Arjen Vriezekolk
02-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Truly flabbergasted by the amount of positive feedback I'm getting from you friendly people......Feels like a warm bath to post my work here....

Wich also means...pressure.... :-) pressure to get the next drawing started as soon as possible!
The idea is about a truly big fat rapunzel stuck in a very small tower......
So..... I shared my idea with the rest of the world....so there's no backing off now!!

PS: the leaves in the upper left corner are a texture! And should be worked on so that they got a more ""drawn" look.......BLUSH..

yours

Arjen

coops
02-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Just looked at the second one Arjen and there is so much to see and all so excellently painted and drawn. Love is as is it also so amusing:)

byroncallas
02-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Your work is outstanding - highly accomplished. Many terrific pieces at your website. I hope you let us know when your book comes out.

Being knew to Artrage, what were your programs of choice for creating the terrific pieces on your website? And what's your experience with AR by comparison? Just curious, seeing your really fine work.

Thanks for posting. Really a treat to see your creations. They are chock full of ideas and humor superbly executed. :):)

jonwood
02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
These are really great...love your style and look forward to seeing more...

Arjen Vriezekolk
02-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi Byron (and all the other wonderfull people by the way)
Normaly I draw my figures on paper,scan them and create on 'the go'...
I used an illegal copy of Painter9 but That didn't feel right.
So, influenced by Nick Harris and his superb work i could buy a Legal Copy of Artrage for my birthday....and I think it was one of the best birthday gifts I ever got!
I fully agree that my work looks a lot like the French and Belgium cartoonists....but being from the Netherlands that is understandable. That is the style I grew up with.

But really.....all the credits for my digital work goes to Nick Harris...on of the most friendly and skilled persons I got to get to know since i started working digital.....and I do have so much to learn!!

It would be very nice and gives me so much inspiration to get feedback from you all......
Haven't had the time to look at all of your work....will spend the weekend doing so....promis!

ps: I'm a teacher, i work with troubled kids and autistic kids.....so any lines that I type wich are incorrectly spelled are fully me to blame.....sometimes you just don't find the right words.....I do appologize in advance

yours

Arjen

Your work is outstanding - highly accomplished. Many terrific pieces at your website. I hope you let us know when your book comes out.

Being knew to Artrage, what were your programs of choice for creating the terrific pieces on your website? And what's your experience with AR by comparison? Just curious, seeing your really fine work.

Thanks for posting. Really a treat to see your creations. They are chock full of ideas and humor superbly executed. :):)

Arjen Vriezekolk
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM

Amazing :)

I keep wanting to write a children's book, but I don't feel I'm up to the task of illustrating one yet (not a child friendly style). You on the other hand have got a great style that I think kids could totally fall for. Wonderful stuff.

I do have to nit-pick though, the leaves in the top left of the first image don't really match the rest of the image to my eye and for some reason dragged my attention away from the rest. It's a small thing, but I thought I should mention it.

Love the back to the drawing blog!
Think your style is great to!
Painted my own kids on canvas with acrylics......Had to buy a new wooden floor afterwards......

Arjen

byroncallas
02-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi Byron (and all the other wonderfull people by the way)
Normaly I draw my figures on paper,scan them and create on 'the go'...
I used an illegal copy of Painter9 but That didn't feel right.
So, influenced by Nick Harris and his superb work i could buy a Legal Copy of Artrage for my birthday....and I think it was one of the best birthday gifts I ever got!
I fully agree that my work looks a lot like the French and Belgium cartoonists....but being from the Netherlands that is understandable. That is the style I grew up with.

But really.....all the credits for my digital work goes to Nick Harris...on of the most friendly and skilled persons I got to get to know since i started working digital.....and I do have so much to learn!!

It would be very nice and gives me so much inspiration to get feedback from you all......
Haven't had the time to look at all of your work....will spend the weekend doing so....promis!

ps: I'm a teacher, i work with troubled kids and autistic kids.....so any lines that I type wich are incorrectly spelled are fully me to blame.....sometimes you just don't find the right words.....I do appologize in advance

yours

Arjen

Arjen, thanks for the feedback giving us a little insight into your world. You sure picked a great source of inspiration with Nick Harris, he's a jewel. I do hope you'll stick around and post more of your work. I think you can see from all the positive responses that you've got something going that people really appreciate. I sure do, and I'm clearly not alone. :):):)