PDA

View Full Version : It had to be done... (inspired by Coops "Orange Glow")

Someonesane
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I couldn't get the image of a glowing bottle of "Orange Glo" out of my head, after seeing Coop's thread titled, "Orange Glow". So, I went ahead and painted it. Created completely in ArtRage Studio Pro, using the Oil Brush as the primary tool.

byroncallas
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
You are a genius and certified insane, Someonesane.
Katie will likewise be chuckling.
Well done. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't know what is used for, I mean which surface it would clean, but You wiped off for sure any sloppy and romantic content "orange glow" could evoke ...:D:D:D
Brilliant humorous outburst and painterly very well done!

barnburner
02-24-2011, 02:15 AM
LOL..... Great idea, and very well done. :)

Alexandra
02-24-2011, 02:48 AM
hee hee! Very good SOS.:D:D:D

Someonesane
02-24-2011, 04:30 AM
You are a genius and certified insane, Someonesane.
Katie will likewise be chuckling.
Well done. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Byron. I might have to create a new account as Someoneinsane after all :). But SOIS doesn't fit as well as SOS, when asking for help, lol.

I don't know what is used for, I mean which surface it would clean, but You wiped off for sure any sloppy and romantic content "orange glow" could evoke ...:D:D:D
Brilliant humorous outburst and painterly very well done!

Thanks Caesar :). I've actually never used it, myself. I just know it from seeing the commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HTgXjH3SA) for it. It's mostly a wood surface cleaner, from what I've seen.

LOL..... Great idea, and very well done. :)

Thank you Barnburner :cool:

hee hee! Very good SOS.:D:D:D

Thanks Alexandra :D

byroncallas
02-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks Byron. I might have to create a new account as Someoneinsane after all :). But SOIS doesn't fit as well as SOS, when asking for help, lol.

I think the strategy is to keep SOS and just fool everybody. It's worked great so far. No need to abandon a path that's working so successfully. :D:D:)

coops
02-24-2011, 05:40 AM
This really make me smile SOS and oh my gosh it is so well painted. Now get cleaning!!!!!!:)

pat1940
02-24-2011, 05:55 AM
This is so great, someonesane, really got a chuckle out of this, and so well painted:D:D

MJSparks
02-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Excellently drawing and it's actually a pretty good hardwood floor cleaner. It shines, cleans and leaves an orange-ish smell in you're house for weeks. It can be used on any type of wood surfaces. I think they've even branched out into multipurpose cleaners too.

It also makes your floor a sock-skating rink for about a week and a half. ;) ... you've been warned. :p

Bobbi
02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
:D:D Good one!!!

ScottF
02-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Ive got some wood that could use this. Maybe you should send it to the company and try to get some advertising money. Nicely done!

mannafig
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow it really does glow fantastic:):)

MacPix
02-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Well done! But did you have to remind me that I should be cleaning instead of arting!;):D

HarlequiNQB
02-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Fabulous and witty :)

You've made me sad though, remembering that Billy Mays will no longer yell about it's virtues 15 times a day on TV. Well, maybe not sad exactly.

Great painting though.

Fashmir
02-25-2011, 11:11 AM
I love the color pallet SS. Well done and humorous. :)

Belvrog
02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
:D:D Very well done. Not sure if i'd buy a cleaner that shines that bright.Need a geigercounter first.:p What fun,great imagination and design.

Someonesane
02-25-2011, 01:13 PM
This is so great, someonesane, really got a chuckle out of this, and so well painted:D:D

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

Excellently drawing and it's actually a pretty good hardwood floor cleaner. It shines, cleans and leaves an orange-ish smell in you're house for weeks. It can be used on any type of wood surfaces. I think they've even branched out into multipurpose cleaners too.

It also makes your floor a sock-skating rink for about a week and a half. ;) ... you've been warned. :p

Ha ha... So that's how they made that dance scene in Risky Business (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2UVsyVLLcE).

:D:D Good one!!!

Ive got some wood that could use this. Maybe you should send it to the company and try to get some advertising money. Nicely done!

lol, nah... I did it for fun and practice, so I just snagged a snap shot of it off the internet to use as a reference. If I planned to make anything from it, I'd take my own picture for it.

Wow it really does glow fantastic:):)

Well done! But did you have to remind me that I should be cleaning instead of arting!;):D

Sorry for reminding you of your housework :(. But at least when you go to clean your wood surfaces, you can chuckle a bit, by thinking of this image :D.

Fabulous and witty :)

You've made me sad though, remembering that Billy Mays will no longer yell about it's virtues 15 times a day on TV. Well, maybe not sad exactly.

Great painting though.

His memory shall live on through many an internet memes.

I love the color pallet SS. Well done and humorous. :)

:D:D Very well done. Not sure if i'd buy a cleaner that shines that bright.Need a geigercounter first.:p What fun,great imagination and design.

Hmm... A Geiger Counter, you say? I may need to add that in there, lol.

screenpainter
02-25-2011, 01:46 PM
beautiful illustration!
and funny.

meeks
02-25-2011, 10:51 PM
It's a great idea, and the classical painting style applied to such a non-classical object really adds to the humour XD Your technique, as always, is excellent...I particularly like the little detail of the bottle's reflection that keeps it from floating in space.