PDA

View Full Version : iPad shore bird

J Witt
02-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Yay iPad painting!

It was challenging to paint this. First, I don't have a stylus so I was using different muscles in my wrist to hold it at an unfamiliar angle while working. Second, I am programmed to expect color to come off the tip of what ever I am using ( in this case a finger) When painting on the iPad the color is coming from under your finger where you are actually making contact with the screen so my accuracy was thrown off. It will just take some getting use to.

Something that bothers me here is on the iPad screen the colors on the bird were more towards blue but once I transfered the painting over to my desk top they came up looking violet. The water stayed blue so I don't have any clue why that happened. Something I will have to remember to adjust for in the future.

sabena
02-15-2011, 08:53 AM
J Witt

Fantastic painting :)

byroncallas
02-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Wonderful painting. Impressive considering how you did it.

The color calibration between machines will result in considerable color shifts viewing from one monitor to the other. Without proper calibration for each monitor the result from monitor to monitor is quite a crap shoot.

Love the painting.
b

screenpainter
02-15-2011, 09:32 AM
love it! don't mind the violet at all. :)

Kibodeaux
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Yay iPad painting!

It was challenging to paint this. First, I don't have a stylus so I was using different muscles in my wrist to hold it at an unfamiliar angle while working. Second, I am programmed to expect color to come off the tip of what ever I am using ( in this case a finger) When painting on the iPad the color is coming from under your finger where you are actually making contact with the screen so my accuracy was thrown off. It will just take some getting use to.

Something that bothers me here is on the iPad screen the colors on the bird were more towards blue but once I transfered the painting over to my desk top they came up looking violet. The water stayed blue so I don't have any clue why that happened. Something I will have to remember to adjust for in the future.

The color calibration between machines will result in considerable color shifts viewing from one monitor to the other. Without proper calibration for each monitor the result from monitor to monitor is quite a crap shoot.

Caesar
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
It's immersed in light and natural elements. It accept the challenge to survive. It likes life and flying. It likes freedom. Great painting!

Strandy
07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Yes, this painting is very good. I like it a lot :)

coops
07-29-2011, 07:25 AM
The reflections are great and the whole paintings is so nice to look at. Very well done:)

Zzythnu
07-29-2011, 09:07 AM
I think this is stunning.

I want an IPAD so badly, it would be amazing to paint en plein air with artrage!

mannafig
07-29-2011, 09:10 AM
brilliant work:):)