PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Box and a second one with the gears.

Alexandra
02-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Uh oh, having some fun again with AR. Hope you enjoy it.

I added the gears and the outline.

ScottF
02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Now you´ve done it--you went and opened it! :D Fantastic, rich mandala sort of effect.

L Skylar Brown
02-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Sandy - This is Fantastic! Mesmerizing!

Alexandra
02-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Dears Scott and Skylar, Thanks so much. I think I will tinker a little more with this one when I get time this evening. I want the middle one to be linked to a gear. I will try to draw one and place it behind the layer so it will be some thing to be turned.:eek::eek::eek:

byroncallas
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Sandy - impressive. And now that the box is opened...:)

Lima
02-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Stunning:eek: this image, an image somehow mesmerizing. Congratulations Alexandra.

damasocl
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Fantastic!!!;););)

sabena
02-15-2011, 10:23 AM
hI Alexandra i think is very dificult :eek:to this but this paintins is fantastic i realy like it:)

Alexandra
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi Byron, Thanks! Now with the gears in place and the turning locked into place, we see the darkness that is inside! Spooky!:eek:

Thanks so much Oriane. These are so fun and relaxing to do.

Damas, Thank you very much!

Sabena, Thank you sweet lady. I wish I could say that it is hard, but it is not very hard at all, but takes time. I learned from Peter, and then I started doing his method but combining difference layers that had been worked with. I will upload an example.

This is how I duplicate and enhance using the transforming-vertical-and merge.

In this example I use the circle masking tool.
I airbrush the desired color. Shade the bottom with the darker shade and highlight the top of the circle. Un-mask.
Duplicate your object in this case a circle.
Here is the fun part. At the side of this layer find transform.
Use the "V" key for vertical flip.
While you are still in the transform mask-use your mouse or pen and touch the corner of the box and make your circle or object smaller.
Now you will see an inward octave shape. You can then go on to duplicate and transform, flip vertically again, make the object smaller, and keep going until it is a cone.
Keep experimenting with layers and shades, movement and colors in the backgrounds. It is wonderful if you would like to decorate a special photograph for a fantastic background or just play around.
Hope this helps. :)

Alexandra
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
This is just a small example of the cone shape. The background is from Peter's method. Drawing, flipping, combining, highlighting, and repeating until you have the results you desire.:)

barnburner
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Excellent job Sandy... The addition of the gear was great! :):)

waheednasir
02-15-2011, 07:58 PM
beautiful, i like the first one more..:).

Rowena
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Magical design and delicious textures, my favorite is the 1st one :)

Caesar
02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
When fractals meet steampunk ...:eek::p Terrific and what a mesmerizing motive! ... and what a smart discovery and tip You made, dear Sandra!:cool: You became an AR magician!:)

semd74
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Fantastic (as always) artwork Sandra...and thanks for the tutorial :):):)

Alexandra
02-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Dear Mike, Thanks so much!

Thanks so much Waheed!

Very much appreciated Rowena!

Awww thanks a bunch Cesare!

So happy you liked it Steve, thank you!

Vaik4zas
02-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Dear Alexandra!
This is a very impressive psychedelic work !

coops
02-16-2011, 07:38 AM
This are wonderful Sandy, the first one I never would get tired of looking at. Well done again:)

MacPix
02-16-2011, 09:36 PM
These are the best yet! :D:D:D:D

Alexandra
02-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Vaik, Thanks so much! Pleased you like it!:D

Thanks so much dear Katie. Now that I read that some like you preferred the first one I uploaded it to my zazzle too! :D

Thanks so much dear Deb! I had a deviant artist friend suggest that I try abstracts for a while since I was going through a creative dry spell-so I have tried abstracts and artfully tripping through Peter's rabbit holes like this one-both I dearly love.!:eek::D