PDA

View Full Version : First post

OldLink
12-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Hi everybody !

I have my Wacom ArtPad II for years but never used it a lot.
I love pen drawings, but never found a software to my likes, until I found out about ArtRage.

I did not draw very much for 30 years or so, but decided to start again. Progresses will be slow, I know, and that's why I come here for cheers and advices.
Thanks in advance.

ENCHANTER
12-16-2006, 04:27 AM
IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GOT GOOD BASIC SKILLS, WAIT TO SEE MORE FROM YOU,

BEFORE I USED ARTRAGE I HAD NOT DRAWN FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS

WELCOME

:)

joules
12-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Welcome Oldlink, I like your style, and as you have been away from drawing on paper for along time. Look forward to more work to come.

D Akey
12-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Welcome!

Not much to say about the drawing, this being in the crit section.

Since most of your information is about yourself, I would address that by saying enjoy the ride :D

Art is one of those skills that is perfect for later in life. It's harder in music, I would guess. One can listen to music and be put off by lack of polish. And if you are playing with others, you have to posess a modicum of skill.

Conversely, art is much more solo. As such it's more free and encouraging. What is more, quirks can become more a hallmark of your artistry.

Your drawing is a tenative step forward.

My humble opinion - go for the big picture, and the needs and successes will reveal themselves.

I would suggest you just start thinking in terms of picture making, and the details will fall into place in support of the picture. So I would suggest ignoring details until you have a reason for doing them. Otherwise you could get stuck in the mechanics and lose the joy of your expression.

Again, welcome. :D :D :D

OldLink
12-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Thank you all for your welcome.

Enchanter, Joules, thanks for your encouragement.

D Akey, thanks for your kind words. Faces drawing was my favorite when I was younger. I quite lost it, that's why I started again by the eye that I've always found the most difficult.

I'll post more work here and there as time goes by.

Thanks!

screenpainter
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Looks to me like the eyebrow is on backwards. Did you look at a resource photo. Usually the curvy stuff is at the corner of the eye nearest the nose and the more angular corner is near the ear. But cheers!

Bobbi
05-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I have had one of those pads for quite some time. Haven't really used it. Now I have a newer computer with mostly USB ports. Have to figure how to hook it up to this computer. I have been using the mouse to do any work on ArtRage.

OldLink
05-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Bobbi,

I use a USB to RS232 converter. It's mostly a cable that you plug into your USB port, and at the end of the cable, you can connect your Artpad II.

Hope you enjoy.

And Hello to the group.