PDA

View Full Version : Girl's portrait

Caesar
02-12-2011, 02:23 AM
I apologize, but I can hardly follow a precise and well refined style to get professional quality outcomes since my natural talent, as modest as it is, still is undisciplined and it refuses to patiently develop and stick to some firm approches and procedures ...

pat1940
02-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Caesar, there is no need to apologize for this painting, it is very beautiful, and I am sure that all will agree, lovely portrait as always;);):)

pat1940
02-12-2011, 03:05 AM
I had to look at her again, and I see a fun, loving, kind girl in this face, such an expression you accomplished:);)

tatooian
02-12-2011, 03:13 AM
This is great .. personality shines through.

damasocl
02-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Yes, I agree with Tatooian...
This work is GREAT!
Congratulations dear friend!

AT-TA
02-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Caesar, she is a beauty crowned with elements of youth and humbleness and simplicity and it doesn't matter at all in what style you paint as long as you enjoy doing so.... because then looking at your finished picture everyone finds that joy in it and that's the reason you painted her in this case... as i see her...i feel you loved to paint her... I know i talk a lot about things that are not cool... but everybody craves them... love, joy, kindness...and she is embodiment of all of those things. So, celebrate, because we love her.... because...

barnburner
02-12-2011, 04:21 AM
No apology needed Caesar... She is beautiful, and you have done a wonderful job of painting her.
:):)

Alexandra
02-12-2011, 04:23 AM
So expressive and alive Cesare, as always so uniquely and well done.:):):):):)

ScottF
02-12-2011, 04:40 AM
So full of life, Caesar! This is among your finest (of the many fine ones :cool:).

gigicharm
02-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Caesar,

Beautifully Done! I always enjoy and learn greatly from your works of art and gain confidence by your words and kindness to mine.

Love her!

Blessings,
GigiCharm:p

byroncallas
02-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Lovely and spontaneous - at least it feels spontaneous. Nice work Caesar. :):):)

screenpainter
02-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I agree with everyone. It's a brilliant portrait. Love the watercolor look, but also the oils in the background. Only in digital art could you accomplish this.
Well done. You captured her beauty and innocence very well.

Caesar
02-13-2011, 11:19 AM
First of all I would reveal what my next painting will use as a reference.
I discovered a stunning, but really great, though mentally disturbed painter: Antonio Mancin born in Rome in the XIX century.
He followed academic painting studies, but his lucky illness made him capable of amazing paintings and he could use two or three styles he could emulate on the same painting such as the one of Sargent who, among other great painters, met him and became his friend and was impressed by him.
Here some information on him:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/arts/design/04manc.html
http://www.google.it/images?hl=it&biw=1280&bih=607&q=antonio%20mancini%20paintings&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Thank You, dear Pat! A young girl into a floreal scenario can certainly represent an image of sheer beauty, provided the girl's expression is not a dull one ...:D:D

I'm glad that expressivity of the subject is perceivable in this portrait, dear Tatooian. Thank You very much!

Your compliments are always most appreciated, dear Damaso! Gracias mi amigo!

Dear Anna, each of us can hopefully feel the purest form of love, those of childhood and youth and keep them alive creating and celebrating beauty and good we find and meet during our lives ... After all Italians and Czech or anyone else are not that different, no matter what the national mood or lifestyle is, in front of universal values, isn't it. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner! A part of ourselves tend to forget sometimes our age when painting, fortunately.

Dear Sandra, sometimes I wish I could make the subjects I paint really alive, as that famous mythological sculptor ... Thank You very much!

Thank You, dear Scott! As You know and showed recently, a portrait is not a still life and personality and life should emerge as the main feature to worry about. That should be the goal, even to the expense of a perfect technique or likeness I think.

Dear Gigi, thank You for Your compliments I appreciate even if I'm not sure I fully deserve them. You for sure and some other friends in here are the essence of kindness and gentleness much more and more continuously for sure than I am.

You're right. It was spontaneous enough, dear Byron, since I used very loosely a modestly defined refence here and I had no planned approach or technicality, just brushstrokes as I felt them appropriate to give, either thinned or thicker ... Thank You!

Thank you, dear Albert! I particularly appreciate Your compliments also considering Your recent amazing practicing on portraits.

Belvrog
02-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Fantastic portrait mate, great expression and posture. I also like it's framing. Very well done. :)

Rowena
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Hail Caesar!

This is very lovely indeed :D

Caesar
02-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Thank You, dear Belvrog! I must share some of the merits with the refence I started from with reference to the posture and expression I emphasised a little bit. As an happy accident it looks like if she's getting out of the frame with all the garden behind ...:p

Dear Rowena, when there's Your positive and rare comment on anyone's thread as the cherry on top, it means and I realize that a rather challenging quality threshold was exceeded. Thank You!

eighty+
02-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Hail O Caesar. Why do u keep apoligizeing it look great to me perhaps u should see Freud as well regards AT-plus the old :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: ----E/S

Mike Martin
02-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Agree with all the above. I really like the "loose" style of the portrait.

Caesar
02-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Good idea, dear ATPlus, a Freud's portray! I'm just afraid he would start telling me that anything starts from and is motivated by eros and sex, which would not be such a great discovery for me or in my country ...:D:D:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mike Martin! Plesed to meet You on this Forum and congrats again for Your stunning iPad finger! :p

MacPix
02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
This is a wonderful portrait! You should never apologize for your work, as it is some of the best here!:D:D:D

Caesar
02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
You're too kind, dear MacPix. Thank You!

waheednasir
02-14-2011, 10:28 PM
beautiful indeed! very well done mate..:).

Caesar
02-14-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm particularly proud to meet Your appreciation, dear Waheed! Thank You!

sabena
02-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Hi Caesar wonderful and Fantastic painting wow:eek::rolleyes:

Caesar
02-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Welcome back, dear Sabena, and thank You for Your warm appreciation!

bopaweena
02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Beautiful portrait! Very nicely done :D

Caesar
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank You, dear Bopaweena!

coops
02-16-2011, 08:19 AM
What an all knowing smile she has Cesare, love the brushstrokes.:)

Caesar
02-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Right, dear Katie! Being very young doesn't necessarily imply being a bit dumb ...:D Thank You for Your compliments, but I realize that my background vegetation and flowers are a quite poor imitation of Your famous ones though! :o:)

mannafig
02-18-2011, 03:20 AM
What a charming young woman to look at she is very beautifully painted dear Cesare:):)

D Akey
02-18-2011, 04:53 AM
She's got it all ahead of her and she looks like she's sizing the viewer up (presumably a young gentleman or some equivalent) to see if they are the one who fits that ideal. . . as young ladies often do.

This looks great, Caesar. Really quite nice.

Nika
02-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Beautiful image, Caesar. She's full of life :):):)

jibes
02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
I like this painting very much.
I like your style and please don't worry about it. Were all on dif levels and seek our own spot in the scheme of things. We can only improve if we keep at it and/or enjoy what we do!
I didn't have time to read all other comments so if I'm saying nothing new I'm sorry about that.

Caesar
02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank You, dear Amanda! :) That's probably the age and beauty we would all show should, as different as we may be, if we succeed to get onto the Paradise (Heaven, I mean, not the famous island)...:p

.. and she seems wise enough to know and recognize what she's looking for beyond what it may appear, dear D Akey. Thank You very much!

... and of opportunities to give a deserving scope to her life, dear Nika! Thank You!

Don't worry, dear Jibes, each one say the same thing differently and any encouragement gives and extra motivation! Thank You!

javier
02-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Wow ... In my opinion do not have to make excuses for my style I like.

Caesar
02-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Thank You, dear Javier! I won't anymore ...:p

Albert
02-19-2011, 02:45 PM
This is so beautiful.

Caesar
02-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Welcome back, dear Albert! Thank You!

Bumble
02-20-2011, 06:37 AM
wonderful work Caesar :):):D

Caesar
02-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Thank You and great to have You back again, dear Suzanne!
I hope everything's OK over there and that we will enjoy more of Your presence and of Your stunning masterpieces we had the luck to admire in this Forum glorious past times.
New mates don't know what they are missing because of Your long absence and would be stunned to meet a first ranking protagonist like You.

pcimaging
02-20-2011, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=Caesar;338794]I apologize, but I can hardly follow a precise and well refined style to get professional quality outcomes since my natural talent, as modest as it is, still is undisciplined and it refuses to patiently develop and stick to some firm approches and procedures ...technique

I do not know your methods but I sure can appreciate the results. I like it, I do.

Mike Severoff
02-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Perfectly capture the smile

Caesar
02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Thank You, dear Pcimaging! The problem with my method is that I know quite a lot from my practice and manual, even tips and tricks either learned or discovered, but I've got no method since anytime I start and go on with a painting, I proceed somehow differently without developing and setting up procedures for granted and constant styles and outcomes ... Not really the way commercial and professional painters work.

Welcome back, dear Mike! Thank you!

pai
04-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I am sorry to bring this old post but it's just so beautiful portrait painting from one of our great AR artists, Caesar, which I haven't seen before. One of his best for sure. My favorite of yours now. I guess some new Artrage members would love to see this great piece of art work :)

copespeak
04-05-2013, 08:21 PM
It is exceptionally beautiful! Clever man!!! :) :) :)

Caesar
04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Ouch, dear Pai, You resumed one of my few past glory (one of the rare paintings I was satisfied to have made) and You are perhaps recalling me that I should start again some more serious and engaging work ... :D Thank You!

Dear Copespeak, as You may see, I tried also to paint outside my recent silly and funny themes sometimes in the past, although quite often keeping my preferred subject, i.e. the human figure, far better when in the form of a beautiful lady.;) Thank You for Your flattering comment.

Arjen Vriezekolk
04-06-2013, 08:24 AM
I think you have found your style........
This is something to envy Ceasar, lovely colors,paintstrokes that are visible giving it a natural painting feel and look...
If there ever would be a way to vote for art here on the forum this would get my vote for sure...
Please show us more of these!

Arjen

byroncallas
04-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Well, I'm sure happy to see this pop up again, one of Caesar's many great works.
I have to say I love the many worlds and many minds of Caesar.
Caesar, your courage to explore just about every avenue imaginable is inspirational.
b

limey-g
04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
This is a great painting Caesar I must have not come across this one while searching the forum.
She is not only pretty but she has a very relaxed look about her, I think you should do more like this.
Geoff

Tonyjazz
04-06-2013, 02:14 PM
What a beautiful emotion you have captured here with those great brush strokes and lighting. Masterfully done

justjean
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Caesar, I'm glad Pai brought your lovely painting back up as I had not seen it and it is beautiful :)

SCP
04-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Thank you Pai..it's great to see more of Caesar's work,wonderful painting ,full of life! :D:D:D:D:D

drawing4art
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I love this, it is very natural and has a lovely easy flow about it....beautifully painted of a super looking woman.

kenmo
04-07-2013, 01:11 AM
brilliant work my friend.....

Marilyn Anne
04-07-2013, 04:04 AM
When you take up the brush and paint you show once again the very real talent that you have. Very nice!

silvy
04-07-2013, 04:20 AM
:confused:Non capisco di cosa dovresti scusarti...è bello il talento indisciplinato, sennò che talento è?
A me piace moltissimo.

RobertSWade
04-07-2013, 07:13 AM
While it's not a Carravagio, you could make a living doing this type of work. More than he ever did. :)
There's a delightful innocence here that is very appealing.

Caesar
04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately in my lasting service in this Forum, I found many styles I like, dear Arjen, but I never fine-tuned one, since, no matter how much I try to stay strickly within a target, I'm an undisciplined Italian after all ... LOL :o:D. I'm kidding a little, but it's just that such compiments by a master like you makes me unexpectedly shy.

In a couple of words, dear Byron, I got an artistic schizophrenia ... LOL:o I like the idea. Thank You pal!

Dear Tony, I'm glad a complete artist like You (music and paintings) appreciates it. Thank You!

Dear Jean, probably Pai had enough time during her haircut to dig this out from a past geological layer, so I got the opportunity to get a second round of compliments out of this "retrospective". Thank You to her and You!

It's an appropriate painting to hang at springtime, dear SCP, I must admit ... ;) Thank You!

I guess Harry Potter helped me with some magical spell, dear Drawing4art! :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Kenmo! I saw Your latest characteres standing still with a frozen smile looking at this girl! LOL:D Thank You!

What a wonderful compliment, dear Marylin Ann. I wish I had the same success with my bush when I comb my hair which, in these days, are quite long again (I know it's springtime, but at my age I would expect a little less exuberance).LOL:D

Grazie Silvia! Ma è che a volte mi viene lo scrupolo di non salvaguardare abbastanza un minimo di qualità nelle mie illustrazioni, nella mia continua e frettolosa sperimentazione.

Thank You, dear Bob! If we don't start improving our economies I think I'll have to take Your suggestion more seriously in consideration indeed!:)