PDA

View Full Version : Time Will Tell-The Unfolding of Time?

Alexandra
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Gosh, I fell into the rabbit hole on this one.:eek:

pat1940
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow Sandra, this must have boggled your mind, how creative, great work;):)

barnburner
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Sandy, this is wonderfully done! How you kept your sanity putting this together is amazing.. LOL

Well done!!:):)

MacPix
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
This is nothing short of AMAZING! LOVE IT! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bobbyray
02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Ahhh the multiverses finally converge into the one true universe of the true reality of mankind... or ? lol

You uh been sippin the brew of time I see. hehe
Very cool and very intense...:eek:

Well done. ;)

semd74
02-11-2011, 02:53 PM
WOW...Sandra this is really great...love it...:):):)

Alexandra
02-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Pat, I have to tell you I laughed when I made it!!! I drew a cityscape in the evening. I combined the layers, duplicated, brightened, merged, duplicated, enhanced with difference, transformed layer-flipped horizontally, then repeated all of this and flipped vertically, merging and resizing until I was happy with it! Whew, where was I???? Thanks dear lady!;):D

Mike, Thanks, sanity...wellllll...um I I I am feeling kind of dizzy right now! haha! It is really easy my friend and fun-I am still waiting for you to jump into the rabbit hole of Peter Pinckney.:)

Deb, Thank you very much! I so appreciate that! I loved the texture and colors on this one-to me it looked like origami.:)

Dear Bray, Brew of Time- I over indulged I am afraid, and the hangover is rough. Thanks dear man!:)

Thanks Steve, so happy that you liked it!:)

Caesar
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Dear Sandra, it's an astoundingly good image. I like the composition, palette and the optical effect of it very much. It's extremely brilliant as an idea and title.
I wonder if some sort of slight dissymmetries could be introduced to express the imperfection of the real world or what actually happened just after the Big Bang which created the universe as we know it ...
Pls don't consider it as a criticism at all. I generally comment or express a "what if" only when I'm particularly impressed by an image ... it's a sort of second nature to me.

screenpainter
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh Peter is gonna love this one. Great job. It's like science fiction. Very futuristic looking. It really is an amazing piece.

Mairzie Dotes
02-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Alexandra,
Though counseled to keep my distance, I have defiantly ventured too
close ... have now been overtaken by the force of it's vortex and
am now being drawn down, down, down and into it's mystical interior.
I can only hope for the best on what tantalizing discoveries might
await me on the other side ... that is if I arrive in ONE PIECE because
my shoes have just been sucked off ..... HELLLLLP!!! :eek:

Where have you just taken me ... just love this and well painted! ;) :D :)

Alexandra
02-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Dear Cesare, Your suggestions are always helpful. It is strange that you mention this because I do have the beginning and it is this way-and I almost used it. This is a great idea.:)
No matter what lack of symmetry there is in the beginning, once duplicated and flipped and merged there is perfect equivalence-all done conveniently through the genius programmers here.
You know what is so strange-through the last few years using digital art software my mathematics have improved dramatically. It is as if it has exercised the part of the brain geared for this. I remember reading about Leonardo after his stroke. He had these certain designs he would draw over and over and he became ambidextrous and certain neurological pathways were grown. This is also proven and I had to do a lot of this through physical exercise cross patterning with my son to regrown pathways to his speech center.:)

Thanks so much dear Albert.:)

Good gosh Mary Ann! Didn't your momma ever tell you to never go near a mystical origami time passageway? Who knows where you will go, and good gosh if you don't hold on to the sides of the edge-you can't take the thing with you-and how in the universe are you to return-if you ever do...:eek::confused:I mean stay away from the darned thing unless you want to travel throughout time and space having adventures and all.:rolleyes:
hee hee, thanks dear lady!:D

Caesar
02-12-2011, 02:35 AM
I'm much admired by Your ingeniousness aimed at a continuous improvement as an artist and as a mom. I think this is a feature women are particularly endowed with because since they also usually care more ... I had a professor of Gas Dynamics II at the university that developped an ambidexterous capability so he could write simultaneoulsly with both hands (even two different words or symbols) and cited Leonardo who, by the way, seemed to have its most natural writing approach using left hand and writing from right to left (as with Arabian language) as it was most practical and obvious using that hand.

AT-TA
02-12-2011, 03:59 AM
Impressive and interesting. I like it Sandy.

Alexandra
02-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Thank you Cesare. You know my story and I appreciate your kind comment. Your professor sounds so much like our personal physician. He also did the same due to all of the study, writing and schedules.
It is quite interesting thinking about Leonardo writing this way-and is not surprising when one thinks of his incredible mind.

Thanks so much dear AT!

Bobbi
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
One of those paintings you can't stop looking at. Well done!!

byroncallas
02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Creative and fun Sandy. Lots of tinkering. :):):):)

Alexandra
02-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Thank you Bobbi, I appreciate your comment! This one was a total surprise. You never know what you are going to get.:)

Byron, Thanks, tinkering indeed. It is especially important to keep your layers and airbrush between the outer edges of each layer and the knife can add desirable effects too.:)