PDA

View Full Version : Gallery - quite literally!

Boxy
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Hello my fellow ArtRage beauties
I have a [virtual] exhibition on which features quite a few ArtRage pieces:

http://www.boxy.co.uk/VirtualGallery/virtualgallery.html

You need to download the Unity browser plugin to see it but I hope it might be worth the hassle! :D
Boxy

http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/SavGalleryTest/gallery.jpg

Bobbyray
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Boxy
Thats quite impressive. I played with virtual websites when it first came out....wow. A new way for artists to have their own online virtual art gallery website.

Are all the artworks done with artrage? I am assuming the 3d is not.???

I have a few Q... please email me. [email protected]

www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net) The Ragers Magazine ;)

Caesar
02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Dear Sav,
I followed the link and magically got into Your gallery where I enjoyed to walk all over that virtual wonderland and I stopped and got closer to review many of Your masterpieces.
Masterful illustrations and painting and a really brilliant idea for an exhibition!
Congratulations and best wishes for Your activities.

Boxy
02-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Thank you Bobbyray and Caesar. A fun thing to do! BR I will send an email.
Cheers for looking.
Sav

screenpainter
02-11-2011, 11:09 PM
looks very interesting. won't work on my computer. non-intel mac.

byroncallas
02-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi Boxy: Long time no talk. Got routed to your site. The work you've posted there is just wonderful. Great. :):):):):):)

When I tried the virtual tour from Unity, my Norton Virus checker said a dll file that the Unity player tried to install was a threat and removed it???? The file was named System.dll which is never a good sign? Could be a bogus catch by Norton, but it ain't gonna let the program install System.dll. Consequently, I can't take the tour. :confused:

Maybe Norton is just chicken?

:)

Peter Pinckney
02-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Just one word.........................Amazing!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Smilies don't count as words!!!!!!!!

Boxy
02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Thank you so much chaps!
GZ - yes I'm sorry I'll try and look into that - are you still on OsX though? If so I should be able to do a standalone universal build.

Byron my friend, hello. It has bee too long - I trust all is well. Haven't heard from Nick in a while either now that I think of it! I'm mystified by your message but good catch, I've asked the clever people at Unity to see what is going on there and will get back to you asap.
Cheers

screenpainter
02-13-2011, 11:27 PM
yes OSX 4.11 but I think the problem would be that my graphics card in my G4 is not quartz supported. neither does it core image supported. very lousy graphic cards came in my old G4 AGP. I will have a look on daughter's PC though. should be able to sneak on there. :)

acharya2chn
02-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Hello Boxy!

The quality of your work and the end result therein is amazing! Thanks for sharing the link!

Wish you the very best!

Best Regards
Rajesh

Lima
02-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Sav, what a beautiful job. A spectacle:eek::eek::eek:. Soon I will put a link on MOARA. All the best.

byroncallas
02-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Byron my friend, hello. It has bee too long - I trust all is well. Haven't heard from Nick in a while either now that I think of it! I'm mystified by your message but good catch, I've asked the clever people at Unity to see what is going on there and will get back to you asap.
Cheers

Sav, yes, it seems forever. Likewise re: Nick (??). Meanwhile all goes well. I love your site. Do let me know if you find out anything about the file and app installation. I'd love to take the tour. Meanwhile, I miss you.

Be well. :):):):)

Belvrog
02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi Sav, welcome back, what a fantastic idea to present your art that way and very well done. I really enjoyed it, just wonderful paintings. Btw. there was no virus alert on my machine during installation.

Boxy
02-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone! Always so kind and generous in the AR forums. :)
Cheers for the heads up Belvrog.
Byron I found a snippet which suggests you can tell Norton to trust Unity products but I'm on a mac and don't have Norton so at the moment I can't go any further than hope you know what this means:

"Apparently with Norton File Insight you can tell it to trust Unity. I would do the same with mono, MonoDevelop and anything else in the Unity build Environment.
"Right-click a file to scan it using Norton from the Context Menu
After an individual file scan File Insight opens up with information about the file and you can select to Trust now so it is added to the whitelist of trusted files. Adding large files to the Norton Insight list to save time when running scans."
Not exactly knowing how Norton deals with trusted files, it could trust anything that do like build the exe."

I will try and figure out if I can send you a PC standalone version to play on your hard disc like any other exe.
We must stay in touch! :)

Boxy
02-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Byron
This might be a good test actually. I've uploaded a PC standalone player HERE (http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/SavGalleryTest/PCGallery.zip). I have temporarily implemented the ESCAPE key to quit the program out of full screen mode. Also don't forget keys 1 to 5 to adjust view speed and the TAB key to hide the view indicator. Let me know if it works ok and then I can officially post the PC standalone up.
Cheers
Sav

Rowena
02-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Wow... this is amazing!

Boxy
02-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Thanks Rowena!

waheednasir
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
very good boxy..:).

Boxy
02-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Too kind Waheed. :)

screenpainter
09-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Sav, your work is just brilliant. such a delight to see so much of it altogether. what an amazing gallery and amazing collection of art!
I was so glad to be reminded to revisit here and was finally able to look around having upgraded my graphics card driver on my pc. and it worked! joy!

Boxy
09-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks Screenpainter, glad to hear your driver sorted it out! I must update that gallery.
CHeers

jibes
09-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Very clever and fun!

AmbraArtist
09-18-2011, 04:28 PM
outstanding... amazing!