PDA

View Full Version : Einstein Chalkboard

L Skylar Brown
02-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Here is a little amusement. I ran across this chalkboard about the "Relativity" equation, and thought it would be fun to paint Mr. E. in chalks over the equation - sortof a geek's doodle... Pastels, 2 layers

screenpainter
02-04-2011, 03:45 PM
awesome concept Skylar and really well executed art piece. Love this. It's really cool as a graphic image as well. I could see it on a stamp. cool!

waheednasir
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
interesting.

MacPix
02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Really great idea! :D

Alexandra
02-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Love it love it love it love it Skylar!!!!! I agree with Albert!

barnburner
02-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Neat idea, and very well done Skylar.. :)

byroncallas
02-05-2011, 06:25 AM
That's pretty wild Skyler. The old boy has sure got a lot on his mind. Did you check to see if all the formulas were correct. :D
Great idea.

jonwood
02-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Great idea,like it a lot....

Pamelina Weena
02-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Very cool, love the concept and your style, as always!

L Skylar Brown
02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks, everybody! Since I painted this, I had an idea to further the impact of the image - What do you think?!

byroncallas
02-05-2011, 05:08 PM
It took me a a good 30 seconds to figure it out. When it registered my thought was "terrifically clever". I think it's a superb change - it's a much stronger piece. :)

L Skylar Brown
02-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Byron - I'm not surprised you would see it. Doesn't it seem that you are looking at him from behind or thru the board as he is looking at the equations?! Now, that change could only be done because I did the piece in layers. To accomplish this in traditional media, I would have to paint it over completely!

alkratzer
02-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Great concept Sky -- I can easily see this as a magazine illustration in something like Discovery or Smithsonian. Al

byroncallas
02-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Byron - I'm not surprised you would see it. Doesn't it seem that you are looking at him from behind or thru the board as he is looking at the equations?! Now, that change could only be done because I did the piece in layers. To accomplish this in traditional media, I would have to paint it over completely!

Sky - yes. That inspired little change in perspective transformed the painting. Wonderful. And yes, layers are an enormous productivity and testing asset. Some people use dozens in a single painting. There isn't anything heroic about a single layer. ;). If you want to test ideas layers provide infinite opportunities to explore.

alkratzer has a good thought. Submit this to one of those magazines maybe? Perfect place.

ScottF
02-06-2011, 04:44 AM
What a great concept, Skylar! To me, the second version is much stronger in that it seems to convey your original idea better. Gotta love them layers! :cool:

L Skylar Brown
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Al - Good idea. I think I will refine it, regardless of future use.
Byron - Was that a little jab at my reluctance to use multiple layers?! I admit not wanting to get out of my comfort zone, but now that I have, I see many new opportunities!
Scott - Thanks! Yes, Love those layers!

Tonyjazz
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Just finished reading a book about him. He was always scribbling equations right up to the time he died. Great artwork Skylar.........TJ

Suha
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I think it is excellent, and yes it's a great idea

byroncallas
02-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Byron - Was that a little jab at my reluctance to use multiple layers?! I admit not wanting to get out of my comfort zone, but now that I have, I see many new opportunities!
!

That gave me a giggle Skyler. No - not at all. Your work is too darn consistently outstanding and broadly experimental for me to think of giving you a jab. No way. That was just my expression of enthusiasm for the efficiency and opportunities that layers in digital paint programs give us as creative tools. Meanwhile, you're one of the people around here that doesn't seem all that stuck in his comfort zone. You're a pretty out there guy in my book tackling whatever seems to suit your fancy and willing to stick it out there and say "Hey, waddaya think?" It's doubly cool, because the stuff always turns out so well. ;);):):)

L Skylar Brown
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
TJ, Navy - Thanks Guys! I appreciate the comments!
Byron - Yeah, I guess my "Comfort Zone" is probably on the large side. I certainly experiment a lot- Always trying to stretch my abilities