PDA

View Full Version : Indio (completed with sticker grass to the end)

Caesar
01-29-2011, 03:52 AM
I used one of my sketches to carry out an experiment with a blended layer and which included the gloop pen use.
Some interesting effects and tricks ... but not a really tuned procedure as yet.
I attach both the color outcome and the tonal sketch ...

D Akey
01-29-2011, 04:11 AM
Has a bit of the feel of the Disney animated movie Tarzan. . . which of course was like Frazetta and that ilk.

Feels cool. He does not look entirely settled down on his haunches to me though. He looks like he is just starting to rise or not quite settled in. I think it's either the weight distribution or the compression and way the leg segments are settled in to one another.

But it's pretty darn good. The criticism is minor.

mannafig
01-29-2011, 08:18 AM
A great little experiment dear Cesare with a very nice outcome.:):)
I wonder if he is spying on Jane;):D:D

Caesar
01-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Thank You, dear D Akey and Amanda!

Alexandra
01-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I wish that I could do figures as well dear Cesare. I admire your talent greatly and it is always a pleasure viewing your artwork.

Lando
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I like the stage of experiment that art lives. It seems an Amazonian Indians.

javier
01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
These small experiments we are evolving a special technique. Good job

Caesar
01-31-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't want to sell the fox' fur before killing (as we use to say), but I think I have know an idead for mproving my drawings and their style in more than one way ....

Thank You, dear D Akey for Your most encouraging word which are also really fruitful to ponderate and improve.

Thank You, dear Sandra. My mind is so crowded with figures i have to send some out each and now ...:D

Right Lando! As for the indio, that was the idea. Thanks!

Dear Javier, You clearly showed it on Your wonderful drawings.Thank You!

Belvrog
01-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Interesting experiment. The sketch has a more prehistorical look to me, i guess mainly due to the shape of the forehead that prominent jawbone. You fixes it with your coloring as the colored version clearly shows an indio. How a few strokes can change the look of a whole painting. Anyhow you're really good with your sketches mate, as I think I've already mentioned before ;) :p:)

MacPix
01-31-2011, 12:37 PM
I like the background effect on the first one. Your figures are always so interesting!

Caesar
01-31-2011, 10:39 PM
This time I did it on purpose, dear Belvrog, fixing his face dierectly by painting it, to a more modern aspect I mean. This is good news for me, since I don't need perfect sketche to start from to end up with a better outcome coloring it ... Thank you!

As said by you, dear MacPix, such a compliment is worth a medal to be proud of in my view. Thank You very much!

jibes
02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey Caesar, it looks very much like (because of the background) the figure is in a great depth field. Lots of depth. If that was your goal I don't know but if it was then I would make the background under the figure less blury and put it on solid ground. This would give it less of a "floating" look. You have painted a great figure here and perspective.

Caesar
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Thank You, dear Jibes! You expressed precisely what I was thinking about adding more focus on the closer field and, anyway, at least on the grass just under his feet.

Caesar
02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
It just took one minute, using AR stickers, to complete it according to Jibes suggestion to put some focus the grass around the indio to ground him.
Here it is ...

screenpainter
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
sorry to hear he got sticker grass in the end. Maybe he should wear pants to prevent that. :)

I like how you used the gloop like watercolor here.

Caesar
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Thank You, dear Albert! I guess he didn't find the restroom in time ...:D

AT-TA
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Caesar, i am laughing here so hard... because of the gz comments... gosh... ok... i like the gloopy butt better then like this.. hidding it:D in the stickers...will you grace him with a brushy grass... just to see the diff.:D:confused:

Caesar
02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Dear Anna, I too feel guilty to have eventually used only one minute of industrially made grass which is certainly not as soft as the most delicate parts of this guy would appreciate :D:D:D, so I know I should replace such plastic grass with one of the same natural stuff of the indio, but I cannot grant when I would ...;)